Sequel: Hold On

Life As It Is

Feelings Revealed

Friday had finally arrived. Most teenagers would be more than pleased. But that day, Billie Joe was nervous as hell. Since he had told Mike that he was going to tell Ella how he felt, he was over-thinking everything. Like, what if she didn't feel the same say? Or, how would she react?

Throughout the week, he let Ella know about Sweet Children playing at Gilman Street. She was more than happy to go and reluctantly agreed to go into the mosh pit.

"Please don't tell me you were packing up your book bag." Mike said as Billie Joe came down the stairs.

"Nah, just thinking." Billie Joe grabbed his keys from the counter.

"Are you sure about this? You've been kinda distant lately since you told me what you're gonna do."

"I'm fine, I'm fine. I just need to get it over with." Billie Joe said dismissing the matter as the two headed out the door.

* * * * * *

Ella waited outside of her neighbor's house, waiting for Billie Joe and Mike to arrive.

The week that had passed was fine. Her parents were fighting again but she tuned them out. They only minor problem was Billie Joe. For some reason, he seemed... Distant. Like something was bothering him.

Ella sighed as she saw Billie Joe and Mike walk up to her.

"Hey." Ella said as she smiled.

The three walked to school together like they usually did. While Ella and Mike talked it was as though Billie Joe was on another planet, he seemed like he was nervous or something.

"Earth to Billie Joe!" Ella waved her hand in Billie Joe's face when they reached the school.

"Huh? Oh, right." He said, smiling nervously.

"What's with you lately? You seem distant."

"Just having some pre-show jitters." Billie Joe lied. Ok well he was kind of telling the truth. He knew what he was going to do during Sweet Children's set.

Ella waved goodbye to the guys as she headed to homeroom, still puzzled.

* * * * * *

Billie Joe, Mike, and Al got out of Billie Joe's car with their equipment, heading into Gilman Street.

"Don't be so scared Bill." Mike was telling his band mate while tuning his bass.

"Shit, I thought I'd be so confident but I'm not now." Billie Joe was frustrated.

"You'll be fine." Mike reassured him.

* * * * * *

"I was about to think you weren't gonna come." Ella said to Tre as they walked to the end of Ella's street.

Tre had agreed to showing Ella around Gilman Street and how to mosh.

It was still unbelievable to her that so much had happened in so little time.

"I had to snatch some of these first." Tre grinned as he showed Ella a six-pack of beer.

"Niice." She grinned too.

When the two arrived at Gilman, there was another band playing and the place was crowded as ever.

Tre turned to Ella," Ready to learn how to mosh?"

Tonight was the night she'd be taking chances, this was going to be one of them.

Ella followed Tre to where the pit was. It was full of sweaty punks jumping around, basically having the time of their life.

"I know how to get real close to the front!" Tre screamed over the music.

All of a sudden he screamed," I think I'm gonna vomit!"

The teenage punks stopped, looking strangely at Tre, letting him and Ella through.

By the time the two got up to the front, the band that was playing stopped and got off the stage. Billie Joe, Mike, and Al got on stage.

Sweet Children played their usual and current songs. Mike gave Billie Joe a "You-know-it's-time-to-play-those-new-songs" look.

Billie Joe sighed and took a deep breath and said," This is one of our new songs called 'Only of You'," He started playing and said," This is for you Ella."

Ella's ears perked up. He he just dedicated a song to her? This wasn't possible. It was so... Unbelievable.

The guys finished 'Only of You' and got into the song 'The One I Want' which Billie dedicated to Ella as well. It was still so unimaginable to Ella. First she couldn't believe these songs were for her and how Billie Joe's lyrics weren't so... Cheesy.

Sweet Children had now finished their set, with each of them sweaty as hell. Tre motioned to Ella to get out of the mosh pit. Although she was being pushed and shoved (which was exciting), Ella could see that Billie Joe seemed a little shaky playing those last two songs.

Ella and Tre went to the back area where most of the bands that had played were hanging out.

Billie Joe spotted Ella as she came up to him, smiling shyly. He was drenched in sweat but he could care less.

"Hey... You guys played a great set." Ella said.

"Thanks." Billie Joe said.

"Could we uhh... Go outside and talk?"

"Sure."