Billie the Romantic

"I Love You, Fluffy Head!"

“What’s this all about, Billie?” I asked. I was a little concerned. He sounded really secretive on the phone when he told me to come over, and now I can see why. The living room is dark except for two candle flames on a table.

“Just come sit with me.”

“Is this another attempt to be romantic?”

“…. Maybe….”

I laugh and mess up his hair.

We walk through the barely lit room and sit across from each other. I can see his dorky smile as he pulls out a bottle.

“Is that wine?”

“Yeah, it is.”

I raise an eyebrow. “Why?”

“Because I’m trying to make this nice! Now be a good boy and drink!”

“Okay, okay! Don’t have a cow.” I take the glass and gulp it down, hiding my expression. What can I say; I’m more of a watered-down-beer person; but his intentions were so sweet.

The bag makes a crinkling noise as he opens it. “Speaking of cows, here’s your hamburger.”

“We’re having McDonald’s with wine?”

“Uh, duh.”

“You’re one strange little person….”

At that, he smirks. “But that’s why you love me!”

“Yeah, yeah. Shut up and eat your Happy Meal.” He kept playing with the Batman toy it came with. “Do I have to take that away? Or are you going to eat your chicken nuggets like a big kid?”

He pouts. “Fine.” He puts the toy away and throws a french fry at me.

Involuntarily, I squeal. “Hey! Your fry landed in my hair!”

He giggles in that lovable way he always does. “You sound like such a girl!”

“Look who’s talking!” I imitate his laugh.

“Hey, quit teasing me!”

“Maybe I like teasing you.” I think of that name he pretends to hate. “Fluffy head!”

“MY HEAD IS NOT FLUFFY!”

“Yes it is! Fluffy head! You know you love it when I call you fluffy head!”

“Well, maybe a little….”

“See? You’re my fluffy head!”

He sticks his tongue out at me. “See, this is what I get for trying to be all romantic and stuff.” His pout looks genuine, and it makes me feel bad.

I get up and pull my chair next to his. “You know I’m kidding. I love you…and that fluffy little head of yours.”

A smile creeps onto those lips. “Don’t you dare tell Tre that I let you call me that.”

I smile back and kiss him deeply.

“You’re so cute Billie Joe.”

He smirks. “I know.”

I just can’t help but love him, the cocky bastard.