Don't Give Up On Me Yet.

clarity and perfection.

My body was sore.

I mean I guess that's what happens when after 3 weeks of practically no sleep
a person takes a 6 hour nap on a couch.
and a very uncomfortable couch at that.
But oddly enough
dispite the fact that my body ached from head to toe
everything else about me felt great.

My mind no longer lagged from the sleep deprivation
and I could think clearly about what I needed to get done.
I didn't even want to open my eyes.
It was dark now and even though my eyes were shut
I could tell there was a slight glow in the room.
Most likely from the television.
I focused to hear any noise around me
but heard none.

I instantly got alarmed and sat up.
My eyes scanned the room and I found no one as I glanced at the clock.
8:30 pm.

Thaniel was almost always up at this time
making some noise
and I know when I layed down Patrick was here.

So many thoughts rushed through my head as I got up and
practically ran to the room where Thaniel and I slept pushing the door open.
Relief flooded me instantly as the sound of Patrick's humming hit my ears
soon followed by the vision of Patrick and Thaniel in a little chair in the corner of my room.

Patrick was singing Thaniel back to sleep
and my son seemed to love that.

So here I stood
in the doorway, watching as Patrick got up, placed the sleeping baby in his crib
then turned to me.

" good morning sunshine, well rather good night? " he chuckled almost silently
I gave him a light smile as he walked out towards my tiny kitchen.
" you shouldn't have let me sleep so long Patrick "I almost yawned as I looks for a coffee cup.

He shrugged and sat at the table
" why not? you needed it and it's not like I had any problems. Thaniel and I did some male bonding "

It was my turn to laugh as I poured the coffee in the pot into my cup.
" Patrick, hes not even a month old yet. what bonding could you have possibly done? "
I turned around only to have Patrick staring back at me.
He simple smiled at me and said...
" He's going to be a musical mastermind. I can tell these things. "

It gave me a wierd sense of comfort to have him smile at me like he did.
Like even though I was behind on my bills. I barely had enough to get me by, things would be alright.

" well... " I sat across from him at the table and chuckled " that's great to hear. Talent doesn't really come often in my family "

He shook his head and yawned.
god he was probably so tired.

" I'm sure your family is plenty talented " he said in between yawns.
" oh Patrick I'm sorry. You much be exausted. You can stay here tonight and go to bed if you want. After a plane ride then watching a new born I assume your beyond sleepy "
I felt so guilty
and mentally kicked myself again for sleeping so long
but when I looked back up at Patrick, he was smiling his big smile again.

" it really was no problem, I told you. But I would like to take you up on that offer however. I haven't checked into a hotel yet and I am a bit sleepy"

I nodded and got up and started to walk back to my room
" you can sleep in here if you want. I'll take Thaniel and sleep out in the living room so he doesn't wake you up in the middle of the night "

Before I even finished that sentence though he was shaking his head.
" no. I'll sleep on the couch. I will not have you or your baby spending the entire night out in the living room while I'm taking up your room. "
I nodded not really knowing what to say after that
and looked around, grabbing a blanket and a pillow
handing them to Patrick.

" uh here then, you can use these. I have extra guyish sleep clothes that might fit you if you want to try them, and if you need anymore blankets or pillows there are some more things in the closet by the bathroom "

I tried to fumble through sentence as best as I could
before I went to get him some clothes.
He followed me. of course he did.
" i appreciate it.thank you "

was all he said as I handed him a pair of big PJ pants and an old Mest tee shirt.
and I merely nodded in responce as he left to the bathroom to get changed and then lay down.

I sat on the edge of my bed and looked over at thaniel in his crib, noticing something different.
I got up and looked down at him.
He was covered in a new blanket.
It was blue, black and gold.had a music note fabric trim around all of it.
and in the bottom right hand corner of the blanket was his name.
Thaniel was written in a fine script in Black.

I felt my lips form a smile as I heard the couch creak in the living room and I stared at my son and this blanket.
I knew Patrick had gotten it for him.
and deep down inside
I knew things would be fine.
more then fine
they'd be perfect.