The Tears that just won't Come

Good-Bye

**Melany's P.O.V. **

Our school is being closed. Who would've guessed? I certainly wasn't expecting it. According to my parents, the school sent a letter to the parents explaining that the school was not a stable structure and that we would have to switch schools after the semester. I can't believe my parents didn't tell me sooner! My friends just learned about it recently, too. Everything is going to change. My parents decided that they are sending my brother and me to a private school. My fussing no longer matters, they don't care. I'm lucky though, Lilly K. and Alex are going to be at my school, too. At least the school is still coed.

One last thing, I won't see Jessie anymore. Maybe, just maybe, it'll be a good thing.

**Jessie's P.O.V. **

I can't believe that the school has been condemned by the city as structurally unsound. I'm transferring over to a different public school. None of my real friends are going to be at my new school.

I won't see Melany anymore...

**Melany's P.O.V. **

Candy's mad at me. I don't know what I did wrong and I probably never will. I apologized a million times but finally I let her be. We made an agreement; I would let her decide whether she wanted to be my friend anymore or not. This wasn't my idea and I still don't understand. She made her decision and it went a little like this...

"I have your book, Stardust," I said (good book, by the way).

"Thanks," she said, taking it from my hand.

"Have you made your choice yet?" I asked quietly, I had given her weeks to formulate an answer.

"Yes," she said in a normal tone.

"And?" I asked, regretting the words as soon as they were spoken.

"I don't want to be your friend anymore," she replied. Then, she turned on her heal and started walking home.

"What did I do?" I asked confused but it was too late, she wasn't going to answer me. I stood there a moment, then; I sat down on my cement porch. I stared as she walked away; I wasn't sure what to do. I thought I would cry, but I didn't. I simply continued to stare as she walked away. Once she was out of sight, I stood up and walked back inside my house.

What just happened?
♠ ♠ ♠
It's sad I know but I must tell the truth and that's what happened.

With Love!