You're As Fake As The Moans You Make

26. The End.

The day after Six Flags, the tour was in Rhode Island, the second last date of the tour. However, all the guys were too busy to spend any time with her at the merch table. And after the show, they all went to set off fireworks with Good Charlotte; Tierney wasn't invited.

The last day of the tour arrived, in Baltimore, Maryland.

Tierney was up earlier than everybody else, as they had been out incredibly late with Good Charlotte. She set up the merch table, and wandered around the venue until doors opened. She actually found a way to watch the Maine's final set of the tour. And then moped at the merch table as she watched Paul play his heart out with Boys Like Girls. About halfway through their set she made her way backstage and watched from just off the side of the stage.

Every so often he would glance over at her, and a guilty feeling would wash over her. She had let him go. And for what? So Kennedy could ignore her again. She was so sick of his stupid games. She needed a straight answer from him. Was she just wasting her time on him?

As their set ended, Paul tossed his guitar to the guitar tech waiting next to Tierney. He grabbed a towel and wiped off his face. He gave Tierney a small smile as he walked passed her.

Boys Like Girls was holding a huge party on their bus, but Tierney had decided to stay back at the van. After listening to her iPod alone for a little bit, she decided to go for a little walk around the venue.

Turning the corner she ran into Kennedy who was sitting down on the edge of the sidewalk.

"Kenny?"

He looked up and smiled. "Hey."

She took a seat down next to him. "Why aren't you at the party?"

"I could ask you the same question."

"Not really in the party kind of mood."

Kennedy nodded, "Yeah, I know what you mean."

Tierney looked over at him. He appeared to be deep in thought. "What's on your mind, Kenny?"

He sighed. "I've just been thinking about my future."

"I think I want to go to school when we go back."

"Then who'll sell our merch?"

Tierney let out a small laugh. "You've always got Nikki, right?"

"Yeah... Nikki." He ran a hand through his hair, sighing again.

"You don't sound too thrilled."

"It's just... I'm so young! I never thought I'd have my entire life planned out for me when I'm 19! Fucking nineteen, Tierney!" He brought his knees up to his chest, resting his chin on top. "I think Nikki and I are going to move in together when we get home."

Tierney stayed silent.

"I mean, that's what married people do, right?" His voice was emotionless, as he kept staring straight ahead. "We move in together and then we have children because we love each other."

Tierney let out a frustrated sigh, turning to look straight at Kennedy. "Why are you doing this to yourself? You obviously don't love her! Stop fooling yourself."

"I don't know what else I'm supposed to do. She's been there for me through everything! She was the first person I told that I loved you, Tierney."

Loved. Ouch, that one stung. "You said it yourself, Kenny, you're too young for this."

"She's like my safety net. I know she'll never leave me. She keeps me on a strict schedule, with her I live my life by the books."

"I know you, Kennedy. That kind of life is not what you need."

"She gets along great with my mom..." He continued to ramble.

"But she doesn't love you like I love you!"

Kennedy froze, and slowly looked at Tierney.

"I've said it before, and I'll say it again, Kennedy. I love you! I've always loved you! I always will love you! And I know that last time you said I wasn't your type, but-"

"I love you too." A huge smile spread across Tierney's face. "God, Tierney, you're amazing. I don't think there's one thing I don't love about you. But, we can't be together. I have Nikki right now."

"Wait... what?"

"I'm no good for you."

"I've given up everything for you, Kennedy! I left Paul for you; I left the best thing that's ever happened to me! And you won't even leave Nikki for me?"

"Tier, I'll just tear you apart. You'll just end up heartbroken in the end."

Tierney was speechless. She looked back out straight in front of her.

"Nikki and are leaving tonight. I already told the guys, she's just packing her stuff, then we're going."

Tierney didn't react to anything he was saying.

"Well you at least look at me, Tierney? Please."

She glanced over at him, and he grabbed ahold of her hand, moving closer to her.

"I'm sorry, Tierney."

"Whatever." She mumbled.

Kennedy sighed, and leaned forward, capturing her lips in a kiss. Her hands automatically found their way to his neck. They held the kiss for awhile before he slowly pulled away. "I should go. She's probably waiting for me."

Tierney could feel the tears stinging her eyes, as she nodded.

"I'll see you around sometime. Who knows, maybe I'll send you an invite to the wedding." He leaned down for one last kiss, before letting go of her hand. He stood up and walked away back towards the van, leaving Tierney alone on the sidewalk in tears.

And just like that, Kennedy Brock walked out of Tierney Dunlevy's life once again.