You would think Boarding School was boring.

Chapter twelve.

I sighed and readjusted my wings for my costume, I was sighing because this thing with Zak hasn’t gone anywhere. Yeah, we’re sort of a couple, but he never officially asked me out. It’s been what, a month now? Come on Zak, I rolled my eyes and nodded in approval.

Melanie came out and smiled, she was a ladybug, I was a bumblebee, Arianna was a butterfly, and Keirsten was a fairy. Yeah…she kind of strayed off from the rest of us, oh well. I slid on some black flats and waited for Melanie to put shoes on.

Tonight was the Halloween dance at school, the first big school function I was going to. We all decided we would meet the boys there, all keeping our costumes a secret. Which was hard to keep a secret since Zak figured out how to sneak in and out of the dorm, he was always here.

I wrapped my arms around my body, I couldn’t wear a coat because of the wings, while we walked fast to the hall. When we got inside we walked down the hall and stopped at the entrance. The room looked amazing, they took out all the tables and put big curtains over all the long windows, they also added purple and orange lights to the walls. A strobe light was blinking across the room, the dj was set up front, and glow sticks were waving around everywhere.

The people at the door handed us each a glow stick and I smiled at them. “Let’s go dance!” Melanie yelled, she grabbed my hand and Arianna’s hand, my other hand reached for Keirsten’s. We all made it to the center of the floor and began to sway to the music. We shook our glow sticks around, this night was awesome already.

*Zak’s point of view*

I put my mask over my eyes and smirked, man this was good. Grant walked out of the bathroom wearing superman costume and grinned. “Nice costume mate.”

I looked at the mirror and smiled, “Don’t diss Zorro man. Even if it is an American movie, it’s bloody awesome.” He laughed and nodded. “You almost ready man?”

“Yeah, chill, what’s the big rush?”

“Well, I was kind of hoping to ask Ava something tonight.”

He suddenly looked up at me and smiled, “Finally man! You know they’ve been talking about you. The girls I mean, I was over there last night and they said they were wondering when you were going to ask.”

“When last night? I was there last night.” He grinned and nodded.

“Yeah, when Melanie left, she came and hung with me, derrick, and Keirsten.” I nodded and smiled.

“Well if everything goes according to plan, then tonight will be it.”

“Well, I will make sure everything is perfecto.” He grinned and we headed out to the hall.

Yeah, this plan might be a little harder than we thought. The hall was pitch black, except the strobe lights and twinkle lights. Everyone had a glow stick and was waving them around frantically.

“Here you two go!” Some girl yelled handing us each a glow stick.

“Have you seen Melanie and Ava and those girls?” Grant asked yelling.

“Uh, yeah they came in like twenty minutes ago. I have no idea where they are though!” She yelled before handing more people glow sticks. I groaned, this night sucked already.

*Ava’s point of view*
It has been forty-five minutes and still no sign of the boys. We were at the refreshment stand drinking water. I was seriously freaking out, where is Zak?

“He will be here, don’t worry.” Arianna said squeezing my hand. I sighed and looked at the ground. If he didn’t show up by 10, I was leaving. I looked at my watch and noticed it was already 9:15. Ugh!

I put my cup down and began to walk around, I thought I saw Derrick, but then he turned and it was some sophomore. I groaned and continued to walk around, it wouldn’t be so difficult if it wasn’t so dark in here.

*Melanie’s point of view*

“Where is Zak?” I yelled at Derrick, I was searching all over for him and now Ava. They both were no where near here. It was a miracle to have found Derrick, it was so dark in the hall, no one could see. The glow sticks didn’t really help me. I looked at Derrick’s watch, it read 10:15. I sighed and went back to the floor to look for Ava. I hope she didn’t go back to the dorm.

“Hey, where’s Ava? I need to ask her something!” I turned and saw Zak, he looked pretty upset.

“I don’t know! I’ve been looking for her, or for you. She went off like forty-five minutes ago!” He threw his hands up and smacked his side.

“Does she have her phone?”

“No, her costume doesn’t have pockets.” He tore off his mask and rubbed his face.

“Whatever, I’m out of here. This night is ruined.”

“Zak! What’s wrong? What were you going to ask her?”

He looked me dead in the eyes, and I knew. My heart dropped, where was she? She was waiting for this for awhile. I knew he wasn’t mad at her, just upset he couldn’t find her.

I told Derrick bye and ran out the door, I thought I knew where she might be.

*Ava’s point of view*
Even though it was cold, I was hoping this would be one place he could find me. I changed out of my costume and into jeans, a hoodie, and my jacket. I sighed as I watched people go by below me, none with his walk though.

“Ava!” I heard my name and looked up. I could see red and black wings fluttering behind her, Melanie.

“There you are! Why did you leave? We finally found Zak!”

“Oh, so he did show up?”

“Yes, he was looking for you all night.”

“He was?” I got up and she grabbed my hand, she pulled me down the hill, and started walking faster towards the boy’s dorm. We stopped in front of Dumbarton, I sighed and looked up. There was a select few rooms that had lights on, plus it was after the time girls were allowed in the dorms.

“Mel, I don’t even know where his room is.” She smiled and grabbed her cell.

“Hey, yeah we’re outside, come open the door.” The entire sudden Derrick came and opened the door and pulled us inside.

“Now, his room is the third floor, second door on the right.”

I gulped back saliva that built up in my throat and walked towards the stairs. I made it up the stairs quicker than I thought I would. I stood in front of the door and knocked, I heard music stop and heard bustle, and then the door swung open.

“Ava, how did you get up here?”

“Derrick let me in, but I can go if you’re busy.” I started to say as I turned. I felt a hand on my arm and stopped.

“I would never tell you to leave; I was just surprised you were here. Come in please,” he stepped aside and I walked in, he closed the door behind me. I went and sat on what I hoped to be his bed, I laid back and smelled his scent, and yup it was his bed. He walked over to me and lay on the other side of me; he wrapped an arm around me and pulled me closer.

He kissed my forehead and I smiled and looked at him. “I was looking for you all night,” I breathed.

“Yeah, tonight sucked, I couldn’t see anything, and when I found the group they said you left.”

I smiled and kissed his cheek, he lowered his lips and they met mine, the kiss was gentle and sweet. I snuggled into his chest as he pulled us both up to the pillow. I yawned into his chest and he laughed. His body vibrated under me and I smiled up at him.

“I wanted to ask you something tonight.” I looked up and leaned on one elbow.

“What’s up?”

“I wanted to know if-“

“Hey man, oh hey Ava.” I laughed and looked at Grant. I sat up and looked at Grant’s costume.

“Nice costume cous,” I turned back around and looked at Zak. “What were you going to ask me?”

“Oh I completely forget,” I smiled and hugged him. “Well I should get going, since it’s close to midnight. See you tomorrow?” I asked, he smiled and nodded. I gave Grant a hug before slipping out the door.

*Zak’s point of view*

“Damnit!” I slammed my fist on my bed and sighed. That’s twice in one night.

“Mate, I’m sorry, I didn’t think she would be in here.” I groaned and covered my eyes. This was the worst night of my life.

“It’s not your fault, tonight just sucks. I wanted to ask her so it would be cute you know? But now…there won’t be another chance.”

“Well...There is always asking her at the party tomorrow night.”

“Yeah, but the thought of waiting that long is killing me. You know how many guys on this campus like her?”

He groaned and rolled his eyes, “Don’t remind me. You’re the only bloke that can touch her, besides me of course.” He grinned and started taking off his costume. I sighed and got into bed, thoughts of her swimming around my head.
♠ ♠ ♠
Okay, so don't hate me. I promise something good will happen, VERY shortly.

Comments? Subscribe?
Please and Thank youu.