You would think Boarding School was boring.

Chapter two. new group.

When we arrived to Grant’s had to be at least five other teenagers standing around in the big living room.

“There you are Mate.” Grant pulled me out along with him. “Who might this be?” I looked up to see a brown haired, pretty blue eyes boy. He had to have been my age; he was standing tall, and seemed to be the leader. He seemed to have this demeanor that made you know he was confident, not just in his looks. His black shirt made his tan skin and muscular body stand out. His faded jeans hung over his legs and fit very nicely.

“This is my cousin, Ava.” Grant introduced me and pushed me forward to be almost in this boy’s face.

“I am Zak Malloy and it is very nice to meet you.”

“Same to you Zak,” He held my hand for just a moment too long. He released it and stood back. Another boy walked up to me and smiled.

“I’m Blake Crowley.” He had brown hair, about the same height as Zak and Grant. His smile was nice and sweet. His eyes were a dark brown and his tan skin made his eyes seem like dark chocolate. I smiled and nodded, this boy didn’t seem as confident as the other. Then two girls walked up.

“Finally another girl, my name is Arianna Connors, and this is Melanie Crowley. Melanie is Blake’s cousin. You look the same age as us. Are you?”

“Let her breathe Arianna, sorry she gets a little excited. I’m Melanie.” Melanie held her hand out and I shook it. I smiled and was grateful for two other girls to be around.

“Where’s Adrian?” Grant asked as he looked around the room.

“Late as usual,” Zak stated as he leaned against the back wall. I looked up and his eyes caught mine. He smirked and I smiled just as powerful as his smirk.

Just then a voice emerged from the front door, a boy the same height as Grant and looked the same age stepped into the room. “Sorry I’m late.”

“It’s okay, this is my cousin Ava. Ava this is Adrian.” He nodded then walked over and kissed Arianna’s cheek. She smiled up at him and he grinned back down at her. Aww their so cute.

“Can we finally leave?” I looked at Zak and he got up from the wall and walked over to us. He seemed bored and wanted the fun, which Grant told me was about to begin.

“Where are we heading tonight?” Melanie asked.

“Marcus having a party,” Grant automatically replied. Arianna and Melanie looked over at me.

“Someone better keep an eye on her.” Arianna exclaimed as she held Adrian’s hand.

“Don’t worry.” I looked up to see Zak and Grant exchanging a glance. I couldn’t quite tell what I meant, but I felt a flip-flop through my stomach. I swallowed hard and prepared for whatever could happen. Nothing too bad right?

“I don’t need a baby-sitter.” I automatically replied. I was quite used to protecting myself against other people.

“No, with Marcus you need a body-guard.” Blake replied casually and shrugged his shoulder as if it were nothing.

“Fine you guys know him better than I do.” Everyone seemed satisfied with that and they slowly started leaving the room and headed outside.

“Why doesn’t she go with me? That way I can keep an eye on her.” Zak asked slapping a hand on Grant’s shoulder. Wait, what?

“Sounds good, see you in a bit,” I nodded, I was still confused, Grant walked through and he the room and walked out to a car. Zak held his hand out in front of me and I walked outside to see a giant limo, a man was waiting for us to get in. We slipped in and the door closed and lights dimmed down in the back. Music suddenly blared and then Arianna pulled me over to sit next to her and Melanie.

After about twenty minutes of driving, there were lights everywhere. They were the bright city type of lights. After driving around in the city we came upon a building, well a club, with a long line outside. The car stopped in front of us and our driver opened the door, we all slipped out and Grant led us straight up to the door. I couldn’t hear what he said, but all the sudden the man opened the door and we were all walking inside. I could hear groans and yells of protest from the waiting line as we entered.

I could see and feel eyes on me, questioning who I was. I may have looked familiar because of my brother. Or maybe it was with the fact that I had entered a club with such a good looking group of teens? Of course back home we did this, but here felt so much more…powerful.

There was a hip-hop beat flowing through-out the club, a strong alcohol smell flowed as we passed people, and bodies swayed everywhere from the beat of the base. We walked to the back of the huge room and stopped at a group that held absolutely no one that I knew.
There were mostly boys but a few girls who shot glares at Melanie, Arianna, and now I. The girls came and took my hands and led me to the dance floor. I didn’t care that I wasn’t meeting anyone; I was ready to have some fun.

“Trust me, that is boring business. All they seem to talk about is rugby.” Melanie said into my ear. At my old school they had rugby, but from what my brother has told me, it is a much bigger deal here.

“I’m getting drinks!” Arianna shouted and seemed to float over to the bar. I could see a bunch of people there, but I saw her head pop up right to the counter. Melanie and I started to dance to the beat when Arianna came back and handed each of us a glass filled with liquid. This girl had talent to be able to carry all three glasses. I took a sip and felt the burning sensation run down my throat. I smiled at them and we continued to flow to the rhythm.

After we danced for awhile we headed back and met up with the boys. Once Arianna reached Adrian he put his arm around her, she smiled and leaned into him. Another boy came over and kissed Melanie.

“Derrick this is Ava, Grant’s cousin.”

“Hey, I’ve heard about you tonight.”

“From Grant I’m guessing.”

“No, Zak told me about you.”

“What could he possibly know about me?” I was now curious as to how he would know something about me, when we just met.

“He said he was keeping an eye on you.” I turned and saw Zak starring at me while someone was speaking to him. He said something and left the group and came over to us.

“You have to come meet Marcus but do not leave my side.” He looked me dead in the eyes as he told me this. Something told me that I should believe him. But I could not help what came out of my mouth.

“Why is everyone stressing over him?”

“He’s not a good guy Ava.” Melanie said as she rolled her eyes. “He’s completely gross, just say hello and get it over with. But everyone has to say hello, since his dad owns this place.”

Zak grabbed my hand and led me to the opposite side of the room. Once another group was in eye sight he intertwined my fingers with his. As he did this, it seemed a shock went through-out my entire hand and it left my fingers tingling. My heart seemed to pick up speed, which kind of shocked me.

“What are you doing?” I yelled, since if I said it normally he wouldn’t have been able to hear me.

“Please just trust me. I know you don’t know me, but Grant asked me to do this. He’s my best mate, and since you’re family…” He trailed off looking me over, I felt a blush creep up, but I smiled instead. Even though I knew nothing but his name my stomach did a flip-flop and I nodded in approval. “Thank you.” He pulled me along again and we stopped at the group.

“Malloy, who might this, be?”

“This would be Ava, her cousin is Grant.”

“Why, hello. I’m Marcus. Welcome to my club, I hope you are enjoying yourself” He tried to grab my hand and Zak pushed me back a little. “Hm, someone is a little over-protective.” I noticed his smile was very messed up; it seemed he got smack a few times into his teeth. Not to mention, he was gross. Who cares if he’s rich, ew.

“Why wouldn’t I be?” Zak asked, more as a statement, less of a question.

“Point taken, well, will we be seeing you in school?”

“You will, but you? Not so much as others.” The boys laughed and choked on their drinks and Zak smirked. I smiled and we walked away and joined my cousin and their friends.

“That wasn’t so bad.”I stated and Zak laughed. The rest of the night went with a breeze.
♠ ♠ ♠
Yay. sorry a little boring, had to put the rest of the characters in there.
Subscribe. COmment. Anything, I'll comment you back. promise. Go Phillies tonight!