You would think Boarding School was boring.

Chapter twenty-three.

One week that was all we had left. One week and I would be graduating. It was scary to think about. One week and I would be off on my own, a full adult.

I closed my eyes and let my head fall against the back of the couch. The common room in the dorm was currently empty. It was finals week, and it was my free period. It was so empty because everyone was gone; they were in class, sleeping, wherever. I found the library to be too crowded and the dorms empty, so you do the math on which I rather be in.

I opened my eyes and closed my book. I slid it into my bag, wrapped a rubber band around some flashcards, and hauled my bag onto my shoulder. I was so used to the stairs by now; I flew up them in a second. I walked to our door, unlocked in, and let myself in. I put my bag on the floor next to my desk and let myself fall onto the computer chair.

I clicked my computer till the background of Zak and I buzzed to life. I smiled at the picture of me hugging him as I held the camera in front of him. We were in the quad on a warm day, and we didn’t have many pictures together. I looked over the screen and clicked on the internet icon.

Clicking on the email link, I punched in the username and password and yawned as the browser loaded. I sat up when the page announced three emails.

I clicked on the reply from my brother and quickly scanned over the page. I smiled and hit reply. I was about to begin typing when a knock from my door ended all trains of thoughts.
I got up and opened the door, and smiled when Zak looked up. He came in and gave me a soft kiss.

“How were your finals?” I asked walking to my desk and closing my laptop then sat on the chair.

“They sucked, but it’s over now.” He said sitting on the edge of my bed. He ran his hand through his hair, and his foot started to twitch to an unknown beat. Another habit which I learned meant that he was nervous, and thinking about other things.

“Zak, what’s wrong?” I asked taking his hand and sitting next to him.

“Nothing,” He tried to smile, but it failed.

“Zak…I know you’re lying. What are you trying to hide from me?”

“Ava, it’s nothing, something my dad wants, but it doesn’t matter.”

“Your dad, what does he want, and what do you mean it doesn’t matter? If it’s from your dad,
it does matter.”

He sighed and looked up at me. “He wants me to go with him somewhere over the summer. And I don’t really want to go, since it will be all business, and none of you.”

I smiled and kissed his cheek. “If you want to go, then you should. I’m not going anywhere, and when I do, you’ll be right there with me.”

He smiled and kissed me back, “Yeah, but I’m not going, so it doesn’t really matter.” I sighed and he grinned at me.

“You look like you could use a break from studying anyway. Let’s go get some ice-cream.” He pulled me up and we headed to the hall for some mint chocolate chip ice cream.

--A week later—

I re-adjusted my cap and groaned at the drape like fabric over my body. I fixed my necklace and tugged at the stupid fabric.

“I know, they are ugly as hell. But, the outfits under are real cute,” Mel said coming out of the bathroom. I laughed at her and slid on some heels.

Her hair was curled perfectly under her cap and her glowing skin made me jealous. My hair was straight down today, and my make-up was normal. I walked away from the mirror, sprayed my perfume, and headed out into the hallway. The dorm was so quiet, it was eerie.
All the underclassmen were out of the dorm to give us seniors’ time to get ready.

Arianna and Keirsten were already in the hall. Keirsten’s eyes were already filling up, I smiled and hugged her. “You’ll be fine, plus Mel and I grabbed extra tissues for you.”

“Thanks,” she said before bursting out in tears once again.

“Keirsten, why are you so sad?” Mel asked, “We’re finally out of here.”

“We’ve had so much fun here, why wouldn’t I be sad?” We laughed and all headed down to the quad. Since the weather was nice, they set up the chairs and podium there. I didn’t mind since after all, the quad was one of my favorite places to be.

I found the boys and went over and hugged them each. Zak came up after everyone and walked straight to me. I smiled and hugged him, “I love you.” I whispered before we were all yelled at to get into our lines. I stood behind Arianna and in front of Mel. Our height order was so close together, they just shoved us together.

We made our way to our seats and listened to the dean speak, and then the student council president make his speech. Finally, our valedictorian made his way up to the podium.

“Welcome fellow classmates, parents, grand-parents, faculty, and whoever else is here. Today, we are fully grown into adults. Today, we leave our high-school days behind, and begin our journey into the real world. I woke up today beside my roommate and thought about the events that will come to me in due time. I thought about all that I have endured here, and the friends I have made. All these thoughts are bitter sweet, some are scary to think about, most pure joy, and a few of those ‘what was I thinking’; but I have learned so much from being here. I have met some of the greatest people, those few things will help me when I walk out of the front gates tomorrow morning. I hope everyone sitting in front of me can agree with me when I say thank you. Thank you for making my high school years the most memorable years of my life. So join me in celebrating our victory and success. To the class of 2009, may you have the best future, and be all that you can be!” We all stood up and cheered as he made his way back to his seat, being congratulated by so many classmates.

They then began calling up everyone row by row. When they go to our row, I stood and smiled with my friends, and smiled even greater when they announced my name. I stopped and looked into the crowd, and instantly found my cheering family.

I smiled to them and continued my walk back to my seat. Zak grabbed my hand when I passed his aisle and gave it a quick kiss. I smiled at him and hugged Mel when I reached our aisle.

“Be the firsts with me to welcome the graduating class of 2009!” Our caps were in the air, I smiled and hugged my two best friends and went and found Zak. He wrapped his arms around me and lifted me up and kissed me.

My parents rushed over and pulled me aside, they hugged me, and then there was Cory. He hugged me, and I squeezed back.

“Knew you could do it little sis, I always had faith in you.” I laughed and smacked his arm. My parents than began talking with others so Cory and I went to go find Grant.

“Cory!” They hugged and then Keirsten found him and they walked off to find parents of their own. Grant’s mom came and hugged me and attached herself to my mom.

The graduation was to be followed by a dinner, then a party in the hall. Only seniors were allowed, unless you were asked to go by a senior. We then had to pack, and head out by 11
tomorrow.

“Want to leave the party early?” Zak asked lacing his fingers with mine, we were heading to dinner and we were allowed to shed those awful robes.

I looked at him and smiled. “Yeah, sounds good. But you know…I can’t stay with you tonight.”

He smiled and nodded, “I know…it won’t be the same.” I laughed and kissed his cheek. He grinned and wrapped an arm around my shoulders.

At our table it was my parents, Cory, Grant, his parents, Keirsten, and her parents, and I. The table next to ours was filled with Zak, his parents, Mel, her parents, Derrick, and his parents. The table next to theirs was Arianna, her parents, Adrian and his parents, and Blake with his parents. The dinner was served, occasionally I would send Zak a text or two, and counted down the minutes for dinner to be over.

Around 8:30, the dinner was over and the parents were heading out, we were supposed to be at the party no later than 9. But Mel and I wanted to go change, so with ten minutes left we headed towards the hall.

“It’s so sad that I just got here, and now I have to leave.”

“Oh don’t turn into Keirsten.” I started laughing and hugged her.

“I won’t but I’m just saying.”

“Yeah, sucks you didn’t start here a year ago.” I nodded and she connected arms with me.

“There you are!”
♠ ♠ ♠
Hm, yay so their school year is over. I wish mine was!
But I want to thank RayNicFar17 (Rachel), she's awesome. So this chapter is dedicated to her.

Comments? Subscribe?
Please and Thank you.