You would think Boarding School was boring.

Chapter twenty-four

At this party, there were no chaperones, no one telling us what to do, and no annoying underclassmen. The music was loud, lights bright, drinks being snuck in, and party goers everywhere. I was dancing with Mel when hands pulled me away and spun me around. My eyes traveled up the faded jeans, the black dress shirt that was rolled up to the elbows, and finally settled in on the blue eyes that seemed to be smiling.

I smiled and wrapped my arms around Zak. I was happy with everything that happened this year, with everything that led to me to this moment. Yes, even the break-up with Zak, which made our relationship stronger. The move here made me achieve more friendships, a great boyfriend, and I became closer with my cousin.

The music got louder as I danced to the rhythm with my best friends. I threw my hands over my head and started moving more along with the beat. Mel came up and grinned, she took my hands and we moved together. Pretty soon Keirsten and Arianna joined us and everyone gathered around our group. The guys stood off to the side and grinned at our dancing figures. When the song and everyone applauded us, I left the group and headed for the drinks.

“Nice dancing out there.” I felt shivers run down my spine. I smiled and turned to face Zak. I smiled and looked up at him.

“You think so? You enjoyed that?” He smiled and nodded. “Too bad you didn’t join me.” He leaned down and kissed me, I backed up and he grinned.

“Teasing me tonight?” I shrugged and kissed his cheek as I walked by.

“Av,” He whined and I simply smiled and walked to the dance floor to tell the girls I was leaving. They smiled and nodded then went right back to dancing. I grabbed Zak’s hand and we headed out of the hall and into the warm air.

He took my hand and brought me closer to him; I smiled and wrapped an arm around his lower back. “I love you Ava.”

“I love you too Zak.” We slowed down our walk and made sure we moved at a slow pace.
He smiled and took something out of his pocket. He stopped us under a lamp that light up the sidewalks and held out something for me to take.

“What’s this Zak?” In my hands was a shiny silver key.

“It’s a key Av, come on.” He said as he smiled. “No really, it’s a key to my new flat.”

“Oh my god, you bought an apartment?”

“Yeah, well, my dad did, but yeah. I move in three days.”

“That’s awesome. Where is it?”

“Oh near the campus.”

“So you’re going to live there next year.” He smiled and nodded. “Well you’re going to have to come visit me on campus.”

“You’re so silly, you should move in with me. I mean I did say it was ‘ours’.”

“What? Are you serious?”

“Why wouldn’t I be? We’ve been together for so long. You don’t have to be in the same room as me. There are two other rooms.”

“I’d have to talk to my parents.” I was already planning out the conversation with my dad.

“I already did babe, they said it was perfectly fine.” I smiled and hugged him. “Is that a yes then?”

“Of course it is.” He smiled and lifted me up then kissed me. “Wait, who’s the other room for?”

“See, I knew you were smart. That was the deal breaker, Grant’s moving in as well.” I groaned and he laughed before putting me back on the ground. “I thought you liked your cousin.”

“I do, it’s just…not all the time.” He laughed and wrapped an arm around me before we continued to my dorm.

--the next day—

It was the very last second that I was throwing stuff into my suitcases. One was already being taken down by Zak. The second was on my bed being zippered by Mel, and I was working on the third. Derrick was rummaging around making sure we got everything. Zak came back up and lugged the other suitcase off the bed then looked around.

“You ready to go?” I nodded and grabbed my suitcase and purse. Mel closed the door and we both gave up our keys as we headed out of the building.

“It’s so sad.” We heard as we jumped into the van.

“Oh Keirsten seriously, it’s awesome. We’re all going to school in visiting distance. We can all see each other anytime.” Arianna said as she moved over so Adrian could sit down. In our row was me next to window, Zak next to me, Derrick next to him, and finally Mel at the other window.

“Yeah, plus you’ll see Av and I pretty much always.” Zak said squeezing my hand.

“I think it’s awesome you three are living together.” I laughed with the two boys and snuggled against Zak for the long drive home.

I looked one last time out the window just as we were leaving the school that changed my life.

“Babe, wake up.” Zak said shaking me awake. I sat up and looked around. Everyone was gone, just Zak and I were left. “Everyone was dropped off already.”

I nodded and got up. Zak helped me out of the van while the driver brought my suitcases into the house.

“Oh honey you’re home! Hello Zak, how are you?” My mother said hugging us both.

“I’m well, thank you. I should be heading home to see my family. I’ll see you later?” He asked me. I smiled and nodded and kissed his cheek before he headed home.

“He’s such a nice boy darling.” I smiled and nodded.

“I know.”

“Sis, you’re home!” Cory came bouncing down the stairs and almost tackled me in a hug. I laughed and hugged him back.

“I just saw you last night Cor.”

“I know, but it’s weird seeing you here.” I dropped my mouth and slapped his arm. He
laughed and we went into the kitchen to grab a drink.
♠ ♠ ♠
Nothing too exciting...yet.
Again I'm sorry it took forever! Go read my author's note on my page.

Comments? Subscribe?
Please and thank youu.