You would think Boarding School was boring.

Chapter twenty-seven.

We have been living in the apartment for about a month now, and we haven’t had any problems. Well, not major problems. Next week was my birthday, and I knew Mel and Zak were planning something. No one would tell me anything though. And with no one telling me anything, I began to grow more and more curious.

I was making my bed when the doorbell rang, “Will someone get that?” No answer, I sighed, threw down my pillow, and headed down the hall. “Hold on!”

I opened the door to see Mel standing there grinning. I moved aside and she came bouncing inside.

“What’s the big happy grin for?” I asked laughing. We went and plopped onto the couch; I crossed my leg over the second one, and settled into the plush cushions.

“Shopping, I want to know what to get for your birthday.” She grinned and I smiled.

“Well, I’m not prepared to go out.”

“Yeah you are you look fine.” I groaned and she pulled my hand and I happened to grab my bag on the way out of the apartment. I locked the door and we headed down to the lobby and into the bright streets of the city.

*Zak’s point of view*

I carried in two bags and stuffed them into my closet before Mel brought Av back home. I had to pick up some stuff for her party next week. She kept questioning me, I knew she knew there was going to be something, but luckily I haven’t said a word. I knew me not saying anything was killing her, which made me laugh. She was too curious, and too good at trying to figure out things.

I went to grab some soda out of the fridge when the front door opened and Av and Mel came in laughing. I walked to the arch of the kitchen and leaned against it, just watching Av. Since last summer her eyes were always sparkling, she wore a constant smile, and she was just happy. Her hair today was straight down and flowed past her shoulders. Her light blue shirt hung to her, but not too tight, her white shorts made her legs look tan, and her bright blue eyes showed me love when she looked up.

“Hey babe,” I said leaning down and kissing her. “What did you get?”

“An outfit,” she said pulling my hand into the living room. I sat down on the couch; she placed the bag on the table in front of me, and pulled out a yellow dress. She held it up and I grinned.

“It will look amazing on you.” She smiled and leaned down to kiss me. I pulled her onto my lap and she laughed and wrapped her arms around my neck.

“I’ll see you guys for dinner tomorrow night.” She waved and smiled before skipping out of the apartment.

“So what do you want to do for the rest of the afternoon?” I asked as she made herself comfy on my lap.

“Hm, I don’t know. What do you want to do?”

“I don’t know.” I said as I pulled her down and she started laughing. I wrapped my arms around her waist and we laid on the couch while I twirled my fingers around her hair as she told me about her day.

She turned and looked me straight in the eyes. “I love you.”

“I love you too Av.”

She smiled and placed a hand on my cheek. She leaned over and kissed me; she then got up and headed down the hall.

I smiled to myself and sighed.

--A week later--
*Ava’s point of view*


I woke up and smiled. It was my birthday, I was eighteen years old. I was finally an adult. I got up and snuck across the hall and quietly opened Zak’s door. He was sound asleep, perfect.

I closed the door behind me and walked over to his bed. I slid in on the other side and kissed his cheek, nothing. I frowned and kissed his lips, still nothing. I poked his side and I saw his mouth twitch. I smiled and kept poking till his finger grabbed my hand.

“Who is this?” He asked with his eyes closed.

“The birthday girl,” I said grinning. He opened his eyes and rubbed his face with his free hand. His other hand was now holding mine in a gentle manner. I smiled and curled up next to him. He wrapped his arms around and kissed my head.

“Happy birthday love,” I grinned and leaned up and kissed him.

“Thank you, so what’s going on today?”

“Nothing, I was going to make you breakfast, but I thought we’d have a relaxing day today.” Disappointment was inside of me, but I smiled and nodded.

“Sounds good to me,” I started to get up but he pulled me down and we laid there for another hour.

*Zak’s point of view*

I can’t believe she bought that. I looked at my clock and got out of bed pulling her behind me. I sat her down at the small table in the kitchen as I made some French toast for her; her favorite breakfast food.

By time we got done eating it was 11 and Mel was going to show up any minute. “I’m going to go shower!” She announced before heading out of the kitchen and down the hall. I heard her door close and I sighed.

“This was too easy.” Just then the doorbell rang.

I opened the door to see Mel. “Hey, is she awake yet?”

“Of course she is, she’s taking a shower.” She grinned and closed the door behind her. We went into the living room and talked about tonight until we heard Av’s door open.

“Av, come here.” I yelled, she came down the hall wearing that yellow dress that hugged her curves. It was a short light colored dress, but it looked amazing on her.

“Happy birthday Ava,” Mel yelled before getting up and hugging Av. She held out a box and Av smiled.

“Thank you Mel,” She pulled the bow off and ripped the paper and put it on my head. Yes, on my head. She opened the small box to see a necklace, it was heart shaped and had her named engraved.

“Aw, thank you Mel. I love it,” She hugged Mel then put it on. They both sat down and I went to go shower, and throw away the wrapping paper.

When I got out, Ava was waiting for me in my room. “Hey babe, what are you doing?” I asked as I pulled a shirt out of my dresser and pulled it over my head.

“Mel wants to take me to the park.”

“Alright, well don’t be too long. I’m making dinner for you.” She grinned and nodded.

“Okay, don’t worry.” She got up and kissed me. I hugged her before I heard her and Mel leave. Perfect.

*Ava’s point of view*

Mel just dropped my off, but all the lights were off. I flicked on the lights of the hall first, then the kitchen, then the living room lights. I sighed and headed to the Zak’s room. There was a sticky note attached to the door.

Hey babe,
I’m really sorry. I had to go out. Text me when you get this.


I was very angry; I whipped out my phone and hit four. “Hey girl, what’s wrong?”

“Zak told me not to be home late. And he’s not even here! He said we were hanging out, it’s my birthday and he isn’t home!”

“Hold on, I’ll turn around and you can come chill at my flat.” I closed my phone and went and sat on the couch.

I wasn’t going to text him, he made me very angry. Not ten minutes later was the doorbell ringing and I was walking out of the apartment with Mel.

“So he was supposed to make you dinner?” She asked as she drove us through the streets to the other side of the city.

“Yeah, but all I got was a stupid sticky note saying he had to go out.”

“I’m sorry, but we can order in and have a girl’s night. We can call Air and Keirsten.” I nodded and looked out the window.

When we got to her apartment she started texting like it was her job. I pushed the thought aside and waited for the elevator to take us up to the fourth floor. The carpets were plush on my feet as we walked down the hall and stopped at a door marked 415.

“Home sweet home,” she sang as she unlocked the door. She held it open and switched on the lights.

“Surprise!” I blinked but then smiled and hugged Mel.

“I can’t believe you guys kept this a secret.” Zak came up and wrapped his arms around me.

“I was so mad at you mister!” He laughed and leaned down and kissed me.

“I knew you would be, but we had to do it for this plan.” I went around and say hello and thanked everyone.

By 9 I was wiped out and found where Zak was. He was sitting with Grant and Derrick on the couches. I went and sat next to him, he instantly wrapped an arm around me while finishing his conversation.

I leaned back into the cushions and closed my eyes. Mel put music on and it was softly playing from the speakers. Food and drinks had been set up and passed out in the kitchen. They made sure all my presents were sitting on her bay window in the dinning room. On the TV in the front of the room I was sitting in, there were video games being played.

I felt the cushion move and opened my eye to see Zak. He was smiling and looking down at me. “Happy birthday,” he whispered before kissing me softly.

I sat up and hugged him, “Thank you for tonight Zak. This is great, and usually surprises get ruined for me. So this was really good.” I smiled and leaned into him. He rubbed my back and I kissed his chin.

“I’m glad you’re enjoying it. We planned this awhile ago and hoped it would work. Oh and if you’re wondering my present for you is at home.” I grinned and he laughed and we went around and hung out for a little bit longer.

Around 11 we said goodbye to Mel and Derrick, and the last few partygoers. We went down to Zak’s car and headed back towards our apartment.

We walked in after Zak unlocked the door and he brought me to the living room and I sat on the couch and patiently waited. “Alright close your eyes.” I did as I was told and couldn’t help but smile.

I box was placed on my lap and I opened my eyes. The box had little holes punched through the top, and I tilted my head. I slowly opened the box to see a little brown puppy wagging his tail. My mouth fell open and I reached inside and pulled him out.

“You’re the cutest thing ever!” I hugged him and placed him down before getting up to kiss Zak. “You’re the best person ever though,” I said as I kissed him again.

“So you like him?”

“I love him, he’s adorable.”

We played around with the pup for about an hour, and then the pup curled up on a pillow and was sound asleep. I walked to my door and leaned against the frame and smiled up at Zak.

“Thank you for giving me the best birthday ever.”

“You’re quite welcome babe.” I hugged him before he headed into his room and I stayed in mine. I was changed and laying in bed. I couldn’t sleep; I wanted something. More than anything, up until this point I never really thought about it.

I got up and went to Zak’s door and opened it. He was lying in bed and sat up when he heard the door open.

“What’s wrong babe?” I smiled and climbed into the bed with him.

“Nothing,” I said as I kissed him.

“Are you sure?” He asked as our eyes were connected.

“I’ve never wanted this more than I do right now.” He smiled and kissed me before we were finally together.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hmmm. =]
Alright well. Today is a snow day, so thank Mother Nature for this update.

Thanks to my favies! Nakita111692, DallasAustin, and RayNikFar17. Their awesome.

Comments? Subscribe?
Please and Thank youu.