You would think Boarding School was boring.

Chapter three. Butterflies?

I rolled over and could feel sunlight streaming through an open window. I opened my eyes and squinted at the brightness that covered the bedroom. I breathed in the freshness of the air that blew through the open balcony doors and sat up. I had on shorts and shirt which I did not recognize. In fact, I was in a room I did not recognize. A knock came to my door and it slowly opened.

“Oh hey, you’re awake.” Melanie opened the door fully now and walked in. “We were starting to think you weren’t going to wake up.”

“Nah, I just needed a few hours.”

“Well it’s noon.” I groaned and got up. “Everyone is downstairs.” I nodded and she waited while I changed back into last night’s clothes. We went down together and walked out to the back deck where the pool was. I sat down in an empty chair next to Melanie and Grant. Everyone was down except Arianna, Adrian, and Zak.

“I should probably head home.” I said as I started to get up from the chair.

“Yeah probably, but wait till Zak gets up. He lives next door to you. He’ll take you.”

My stomach flip-flopped again at the sound of his name. What was going on with me? This never happens; yes I get boyfriends, but ones that chase after me. And he lives next door? What is this?

“Hey everyone,” Zak came out and walked and stood behind my chair. “You ready to go?” How did he know he was walking me home?

“Uh yeah, see you later everyone.” He pulled out my chair and I got up and we walked back into the house. We left the house and headed towards our houses.

“Did you have fun last night?” He asked as we walked down the street, which was empty considering it was noon in the middle of the week. He pushed his hands into his pockets as we walked slowly.

“Yeah I did, everyone seems to be very nice and fun.”

He laughed and I smiled. “Well at least you’re not like most girls. Things were starting to get boring around school.”

“Yeah I tend to shake things up a bit.”

He looked over and eyed me up and down. “I can see that.” By now we were up at my drive way. I’ve already learned how to control my blush around him; I just sent him a smile.

“See you tonight?” He asked as I was about to head up my drive-way.

“What’s tonight?” I asked and titled my head, some hair fell in my face and I brushed it away.

“We’re going to Adrian’s.”

“Then of course.” I smiled and walked away and made sure he wouldn’t turn away even if he wanted to.

--Later that night--
Melanie and Arianna were both at my house, we were getting ready. They raided my closet and decided to borrow some clothes. My mum was thrilled that I now had friends here, she was worried. Like I said before, she’s dumb.

“Your clothes are amazing Ava. I wish you would be able to wear them to school.”

“Uniforms?”

“Yeah, they suck. We usually personalize them.”

“Well, I’m quite used to it by now.”

“That’s good,” Melanie replied.

A soft knock came to my door; our house keeper popped her head in. “Your guests have arrived.”

“Thank you,” she smiled and ducked back out of the room, closing the door just as quietly as she came.

We all slipped on shoes and headed down, to the waiting boys. Cory was sitting on the couch talking to them all. They heard us and turned around. Tonight, it was only Zak, Grant, Blake, and Derrick.

“Well mum and Dad aren’t home, so do whatever you want.” Cory said as he seemed like I actually cared.

“I can do that now Cory, but thanks.” I went to turn around when he spoke again.

“Don’t be stupid.” He snarled at me.

“Cory, shut up.” Grant laughed and put an arm around my shoulder.

“We’ll watch her Cor, don’t worry.” I brushed his arm off and we all walked to the front door. Since it was at Adrian’s we were meeting him there.

Oh trust me, they watched me. I wasn’t allowed to do anything. I’m not exactly sure why. I mean we were at party; only people from school were there, not that I knew anyone. We were currently standing against the wall, near the drinks, so of course there were a million people here. I was so bored.

“I’m going out there.” I got up and felt a hand around my wrist. “Let go,” I swung around and had my face an inch away from Zak’s. My eyes were leveled with his, my green eyes were burning with fury as his were cold as ice. His eyes sent shivers down my back but I didn’t let it show.

“No, I don’t think so.” He said in an almost whispered voice.

“And why not?” I asked.

“You need watching.” He said simply, he raised a shoulder as if I should know this.

“I’m seventeen; I don’t think I need a baby-sitter.” I pulled my arm away and walked out to the floor. “If you want to watch me, then you’ll have to join me.” I yelled at him and turned back around.

I started dancing and then soon felt someone behind me. I spun around and faced Zak, I smiled and brought an arm onto his shoulder and brought my body closer to his. This seemed to make his body relax and start to move with the beat. He brought his arms and wrapped them around my waist and brought my body closer to his. We swayed to the beat and danced for a little bit.

We both stopped to get drinks and I sat back at the table where everyone was sitting.

“You guys are pretty good.”

“Thanks, I think. We were just dancing.”

“Didn’t look like that to us.” I shrugged and drank the drink Zak brought back to me. Melanie grinned up at me and I smiled secretly to myself.

--The next day--
I was sitting by my pool when the sliding glass door opened and closed. I slid my glasses to the top of my head and looked up. Grant was in his trunks and came and plopped down next to me.

“So, how’s it going so far?”

“It’s good. I’m not going to lie, I’m nervous about school.”

“You’ll be alright. And you’ll get into the dorm with Melanie and Arianna if that’s what worries you so much.”

“What dorm is that?”

“Pumberton, yes, a dumb name, but cool girls live there. Plus I think they are trying to get you to be their roommate.”

“Wait what?” He laughed at me and then proceeded to explain what the dorms were, and which one I was not going to get into. When he was done I felt like I just crammed for a major test.

“Oh, I invited Zak over if that’s alright.”

I sat up so fast my sunglasses flew off my head. “You did what?”

“Yeah, he’ll be here any minute. He really likes hanging out with you. And last night seemed like he likes you.”

“We were just dancing!” I threw my hands up for them to be caught by someone else’s.

"I hope you weren't trying to hit me.” I looked up to see Zak smiling down at me. Wow, his smile is amazing. Wait, why am I even thinking this? Well his smile is amazing.
Wait, what is going on with me?
♠ ♠ ♠
Hey sorry it's been forever and a half! But I've been super busy!

And sorry it's so short! Gah, it was a filler. sort of.