You would think Boarding School was boring.

Chapter four. Something surprising.

It was two days before school began, which apparently means shopping. Now, don’t get me wrong, I love shopping. But I hate school shopping, but this time my parents are letting me go with Grant. He said he would help me with my list anyway.

Once we got into the city we headed to the store which sold all the uniforms. Then we had to go to the bookstore, which apparently sold our books there. Which next door held a supply store, I loaded up on everything that I could need. We were taking a break before heading off to the dumb sports store when a voice whispered in my ear.

“Didn’t know you’d be here,” I spun around and found myself right in front of Zak himself. He was smirking that smirk that just made me want to kiss him. I took a step back and turned and walked down the aisle. “So what are you looking for?”

“Nothing, Grant is looking. I am venturing off by myself until he is done. I’m not a sports person.”

“Well, are you excited on Monday?”

“Eh, not really,” I said as I put all my bags onto my opposite arm.

“What why wouldn’t you be? You get to hang out with us everyday.”

“What if I don’t get into Pemberton with the girls?”

“Trust me, you will.” He winked and started to walk off towards Grant, he then turned, “don’t forget to come to the games and cheer for me.” He then spun back around and walked off towards Grant who was paying for his supplies. I sighed and hoped he was right.

--Later that night before party--
Apparently my aunt and uncle have an annual end of summer party, formal party. So I was in my bathroom putting on my jewelry when a knock came to my door.

“Come in.” I walked into my room to see Zak standing there. I stopped and looked around the room half expecting someone else to be there.

“So, I’m kinda your date tonight.”

“Oh, I didn’t know I needed one.” I said as I slipped my other earring into my ear.

“Is that okay?”

“Yeah, I rather go with you then some stranger.” He smiled and I slipped my shoes on and he took my arm, making it easier for me to walk down my stairs.

We walked down and my parents along with Grant and some girl I’ve never seen were downstairs. She and Grant came over and she was smiling with a big smile.

“Ava, this is Keirsten, Keirsten this is my cousin Ava.”

“I’ve heard a lot about you. I’m Grant’s girlfriend. I’m so glad you’re going to school with us now. I’m in Pemberton as well; you’ll totally get in there.”

I smiled and she smiled even more. “I’m glad I’ve met you.” Wow, she had a lot of energy. I was going to need to drink some more caffeine to keep up with her.

“Alright children, we’ll meet you there.” They walked out and I heard the noise of my father’s sport car and heard it take off down the driveway.

“Shall we go then?” Grant asked, I nodded and we all walked out my house and to the car.

The driver held the door opened, Keirsten and I slid in, carefully so we didn’t rip one another’s dress, and the boys came in. This limo wasn’t as big, which is fine by me. I liked cozy much better.

Once we got there a bunch of people were already there. Grant explained that we wouldn’t have to hang out here all night, in his pool house the kids from school would be meeting up for our party. We walked in and I was introduced to many people, many of which I did not remember their names. Apparently some of them were related to me, oh well.

As dinner was being served my parents waved me over and had me sit with them, along with two adults who looked exactly like Zak. Well I know knew why he looked so good. His parents looked young but an older version of him.

“Dear, this is Mr. and Mrs. Malloy. This is our daughter Ava.”

I smiled and nodded politely at them. “It is very nice to meet you. Your son has very graciously escorted me tonight.” I smiled at Zak and he smiled back.

“Yes, our son speaks highly of you.” Mrs. Malloy smiled at me and rubbed her son’s arm. He just rolled his eyes at his mom and I smiled wider.

“Come, let us eat.” Mr. Malloy showed us towards our table. Zak pulled my chair out then sat down next to me. Wow, was he acting different or what? Whatever, I like this side of him.

The first serving was a house salad and a soup. It was very good but all very boring. There was only Zak and I, my dad along with his was busy talking scholarship and sports with him. My mother and his talked about her fashion line. Ugh, I counted down the minutes in my head until we could leave the house.

Ugh, this dinner could not go any slower.

We were finally inside the pool house and the music was going as well as the drinks. The lights were out and strobe lights were placed and they were now spinning all over the room. They started to bother my eyes and I went out on the balcony on the second floor. To my luck, there was already someone out there.

“Hey, why are you out here?” I asked sitting down next to him.

“Needed a break, I needed to come and clear my head.”

“Why, what’s clouding it?” He sighed and ran his hand through his hair.

“Honestly?” I nodded and he starred at his shoes then up at the clear starry night. “You are. I don’t understand, I’ve never thought about anyone this much. I’ve only known you a week and it seems I’ve known you forever. Grant used to talk about you so much whenever he would see you, and I would think ‘she seems pretty cool.’ But I would never think you would be this perfect.” He stopped and looked at me, I felt that my heart stopped and I wanted to hug him, I wanted to do so many things that it confused me.

“I feel the same way.” That is all I could muster up. I know, lame, but I couldn’t handle anything else. And that scared me more than anything.
♠ ♠ ♠
Yay. what could happen?

Comments. Subsribe.
Talk to me! I'll answer you. Promise.