You would think Boarding School was boring.

Chapter six.

the day has arrived

I woke up and groaned and rolled over when I saw my clock flashing 7:00 A.M. My door swung open and my mother came in and squeaking, yes that’s what I call her high pitched noise.

“What mom?”

“School today! Zak, Grant, and Keirsten will be here in an hour.” I groaned and got out of bed while a maid came and made my bed while throwing a new comforter and sheets and a pillow into a bag. I took a shower and dried my hair and glanced at the clock.

Ten minutes left, I went to my closet, picked some jeans, a cami with stars on it, and a pale halter that you could see the stars through. I grabbed my purse, slid some flip-flops on, and headed downstairs.

“Good morning Ava.”

“Oh, hi Zak,” I smiled and walked over and saw the driver putting all my stuff into the back of the big van. “Where are the other two?”

“We have to pick them up. Grant was running late, wasn’t done packing.” I smiled and nodded I hugged my parents and all the sudden my brother came flying downstairs.

“Have fun there, and call me sometime.” I smiled and hugged him and headed out to the car with Zak. I was going to be alone with Zak, ah!

“Did your parents find out about the pool last night?” He asked as he leaned against the window to look at me.

I smiled and shook my head no, “No, my brother was just being an ass. He likes to ruin good things.”

He laughed and nodded his head. He dug in his pocket and pulled out an IPod and put one earphone into his ear and threw his arm around the back of the seat. I was still tired from last night so I leaned back and closed my eyes.

*Zack’s point of view*

She leaned her head back and her brown wavy hair fell back and she closed her eyes. Her green eyes were hidden but as she fell into a slumber they started to move around. I smiled at her and she suddenly started to lean. I put my arm out and she ended up leaning against me.

I froze.

She stirred a little, but then there was deep breathing. I let out a sigh of relief and re-adjusted myself so I would be comfortable as well. I let my head rest upon hers, and the scent of strawberries and peach filled my nose. I looked at her sleeping figure and smiled before noticing we were pulling up to Grant’s house.

Grant and Keirsten were already outside so when the door was opened I shushed them, but I already felt movement.

“You are too cute Zak.” Keirsten said smiling pushing herself into the backseat. Grant gave me a look, damn, he wanted to talk later. Oh well, it’s going to be a long drive, maybe he will forget.

I heard a noise next to me and I looked down to see bright green eyes starring up at me, “sorry,” she whispered.

“Don’t worry about it, you can go back to sleep if you want.” She smiled at me and cuddled back into my side and fell asleep.

*Ava’s point of view*

“You are too cute Zak.” I heard Keirsten tell him and my eyes popped open. I looked around without moving too much and noticed a boy was under me. He smelled really good too, he smelled like old spice and something I couldn’t place. I groaned a little before looking up to meet bright blue eyes.

“Sorry,” I whispered, I didn’t mean to fall asleep on him, even though it wasn’t bad.

“Don’t worry about it, you can go back to sleep if you want.” I smiled and decided to take his offer. I snuggled my head back onto his side and fell into a peaceful sleep.

“Ava, wake up, we’re here.” Groggily, I opened my eyes and looked outside. It was about 2, and a bunch of kids we’re walking around with suitcases and boxes. I sat all the way up and stretched, I couldn’t believe I slept the entire ride up here.

Zak held his hand out and I got down while the driver unloaded all the suitcases. I spun around trying to grasp all the old buildings around me. All the buildings were made up of a red brick, with a black roof. The trees were all filled with leaves that had not yet fallen, there were many benches under these trees. There were signs on corners of sidewalks pointing to everything. I noticed we pulled up in front of building, on the front is said main office. I gulped and walked to the back of the van with everyone else.

“I’ll take you in Ava, then we can get your stuff to your dorm, then we’ll meet up with you and everyone?” The last part he asked Zak and Keirsten, they both nodded. Zak picked up his bags and Grant’s before waving and heading off towards the right with Keirsten.

Grant held the door open for me and we made our way inside the air-conditioned room, we walked up to a large white desk and stood there until an elder woman noticed us.

“Oh hello Grant, who is this?”

“This is my cousin Ava, she’s new this year. She needs her schedule and dorm assignment.”

“Oh right away, what’s your last name dear?” She asked as she turned back towards her desk.

“Freemen,” she nodded then filed through some stacks of paper then pulled out a few pieces and brought them back to us.

“Alright, here is your class schedule, your dorm assignment, your dorm keys, a map of campus, and some rules. Enjoy the school!”

“Thank you,” I shuffled everything into my arms and we made our way outside.

“So, what dorm are you in?” I moved around the papers and a big grin appeared on my face. “Guess I know where that is, let’s head over.”

We both picked up something to carry and headed in the direction I guessed was Pemberton. The dorm was about four floors high, and I could hear music blaring from inside. “What room are you? I’m not supposed to go inside right now. Anyway I have to head over to Dumbarton,” He said as he pointed across the grass quad. He pulled out his cell and hit a button before holding it up to his ear.

“Yeah, hey babe, can you come down here for a minute?” He flipped the cell closed and slid it into his pocket.

The front door opened and the music was louder, Keirsten came running over and threw his arms around me. “I knew you’d be in here! What room are you in?” She asked as she took my stuff from grant and looped our arms together and headed us inside. Grant yelled something behind us but we paid no attention.

“Uh, room 314?”

“Oh, goodie, you’ll be Melanie’s roommate. She’s right down the hall from Arianna and me.” I smiled and we headed inside. The first room was a hallway, when you walked a little in there was a big common room with a fireplace, a TV, three couches, beanbags, a coffee table, and a big bookshelf. The next room was a miniature kitchen, there we hit the stairs.
The first floor was the loudest; girls were running in between rooms and yelling at one another. The second floor seemed to be the music floor, and the third floor was filled with everything. We passed by two doors, which were both opened, before she stopped and walked into mine. 314. “Hey Mel, I’ve got your new roommate.”

Melanie looked up and yelled in excitement and ran over and hugged me. “I’m so glad you’re my roommate this year.” I grinned and threw all my stuff onto my bed before she showed me the bathroom; we split up the closet, and moved around furniture to make it roomier.
♠ ♠ ♠
hope you all liked it. I'm going to update the other story before I have to venture back to school for a meeting. gaaah.

comments.