You would think Boarding School was boring.

Chapter seven.

That night at dinner it was tradition to wear uniforms, ugh. I starred at myself in our full length mirror and shrugged. I rolled up the skirt once, and unbuttoned the first two buttons on the shirt. Melanie looked up at me and laughed.

“Don’t worry we do it all the time,” she slid on a silver heart necklace and a bracelet then slid in some dangling earrings. I went over to my jewelery and slid on my silver watch, some long dangling earrings and grabbed my bag.

We walked out into the hallway and everyone was still getting ready. Keirsten and Arianna came out and we all headed out into the warm weather. The sun was just getting to set and there was an exciting chatter going through-out the campus.

“So this dinner is a big deal?” I asked as we headed around the main office building and towards the dinning hall.

“Sort of, the headmaster talks about all the rules, which are boring. He makes some announcements and then we finally get to eat.”

“Yeah but if you even try and skip he somehow finds out, it’s not pretty when he does.” Arianna added. We were now in front of the hall and we headed inside. Once there, there was already a bunch of students.

Melanie grabbed my hand and led me over to a long rectangular table, along the way I could feel eyes on me, I could whispers traveling down the tables, and I just plastered a smile on my face and waved to some people. One of the boys who received a wave elbowed the boy next to him and they both smiled. I laughed and Melanie looked back and grinned, “Making everyone notice you already?” I laughed and we sat down, soon the boys arrived.

Grant sat next to me and Keirsten on his other side, Zak across from me. Next to Zac is Arianna then Adrian. Next to Keirsten were Melanie, then Derrick and Blake. The last seat was empty, but that didn’t bother me. I was scanning the room when a boy stood in front of me and I looked up to see Marcus. I rolled my eyes and turned around.

“Hey everyone, have fun the other night?”

“Sure Marcus, now you can leave.” Grant said as he wrapped an arm behind Keirsten’s chair.

“What’s wrong Zak? Why aren’t you sitting next to new girl over here? I hear she’s the talk of the night.” Zak tightened his jaw and stood up slowly.

“Get the hell away from here Marcus.”

“I can take a hint, see you all later.” I rolled my eyes again and watched as Zak slowly sits back down.

“Thanks Zak, he creeps me out.” He looked up and laughed.

“Welcome, don’t let him near you though.”

“Don’t worry I wouldn't be able to pay more than enough to be away from him.” He nodded and looked me straight in the eyes. The fluttering feeling returned, as well as the back-flips.

Man, I was doomed already.

“I’m so full!” I groaned as we slowly walked out of the hall, “that food was so good.” Grant laughed and poked me and I groaned again. I swatted his hand away and Zak came up behind me.

“So, happy you’re here yet?”

“Yeah, it’s not so bad.”

“Just wait till tomorrow roomie.” Melanie exclaimed and we all started to walk to the dorms. Once we got to the quad, the boys turned left and we turned right. “Night girls,” Blake said and we all said a good-night in return.

Once back up in the dorms I changed into jeans and a zip-up hoodie with a gray cami underneath. I took my laptop into the common room and placed my cell on the armrest next to me. I turned on the computer and waited for it to boot up. I sighed and then jumped when my phone went off. I flipped it open and smiled when I read a new text.

Meet me in the quad
-Z


I debated and closed the laptop before heading back upstairs. I dropped it off on my desk and Melanie came back into the room.

“Where are you going?” She asked while smiling.

“Oh, you know…adventure around.”

She winked and waved. “Be back before eleven when they lock the doors. We got to get you a key for the building tomorrow.” I smiled and slid some shoes on before heading out. I ended up walking fast but slowed down as I came upon the quad.

“Thought you weren’t going to come,” he said as he came up next to me.

“Why?” I asked as I started to walk beside him.

“You took awhile.” I smiled and told him I had to tell Melanie I was leaving. “Well, I wanted to show you something.”

*Zak’s point of view*

I dropped our bags on the floor and plopped onto my mattress. I rubbed my hands over my face trying to get her face out of my head. I sat up when I heard the door open and Grant walked in. He closed the door and went and sat at his desk, he turned the seat around and straddled it.

“What’s up mate?” I asked, was he seriously mad about the car ride here?

“You like my cousin?” He didn’t seem mad, or anything. This could be a trick question.

“I’m not sure.”

“Well, if you do. Make up your mind, and don’t screw her over.”

“You’re not mad?”

“Why would I be mad? I trust you more than any of these horny boys in the school. Plus, I know you.” He grinned and we started to unpack. “Besides,” he said a little while later, “I think she likes you anyway.”

That last thought kept running through my mind as we got dressed in our stupid uniforms, and made our way to the dinning hall.

When we entered the hall almost everyone was already there. I looked up at our usual table and noticed the girls there. I could see a lot of people’s heads bent together and they occasionally glanced at our table. I looked up to see Ava sitting there looking around. A small smile tugged at the corners of my lips and we walked over to the table. I sat across from her and smiled at her.

Just then Marcus came up behind her; she turned back toward our table and rolled her eyes. “Hey everyone, have fun the other night?”

“Sure Marcus, now you can leave.” Grant said, his annoyance was clear as day in his voice. He put an arm around the back of Keirsten’s chair; she looked at him and put her hand on his.

“What’s wrong Zak? Why aren’t you sitting next to the new girl over here? I hear she’s the talk of the night.” I clenched my jaw and slowly stood up. I wanted to punch him, but I knew I couldn’t get into trouble this year.

“Get the hell away from here Marcus.” I said through my teeth. God, I hated him so much right now. He needed to get away from her. I could tell she did not like having him right behind her like that.

“I can take a hint, see you all later.” I looked down at Ava and saw her roll her eyes. I slowly sat back down and let out a slow and steady breath.

“Thanks Zak, he creeps me out.” I looked up and met her green eyes and laughed. I needed something like that to cheer me up.

“Welcome, don’t let him near you though.” God, I’d kill him.

“Don’t worry I wouldn't be able to pay more than enough to be away from him.” I looked into her eyes and nodded. I knew she meant that.

“God I’m so full!” Ava exclaimed, the meal was over, and man the food was good this year. The speech was dull as hell, but the food and the girl across of me kept me occupied. “That food was so good,” my thoughts exactly.

“So, happy you’re here yet?” I asked as we headed towards the quad.

“Yeah, it’s not so bad.” She said and she looked at me, God this girl knew how to make a boy’s insides melt.

“Just wait till tomorrow roomie.” Melanie exclaimed, so that’s who her roommate was.

“Goodnight girls,” Blake said as we went our separate ways. I quickly changed into jeans and a white tee and grabbed my cell. I sent a quick text and waited patiently on one of the benches on the quad.

There she was, I smiled and made my way over to her. “Thought you weren’t going to come.”

She laughed and smiled, “Why?”

“You took awhile.” She smiled that wonderful smile and told me that Melanie asked where she was going. “Well I wanted to show you something.”

“What is it?”

“It’s a surprise.”

“I hate surprises,” her smile told me she wouldn’t mind this one though.

“Don’t worry, it will be worth while.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Hm so I really like this so far, what do you think?

Comment. Subscribe.
Please and thank you.