You would think Boarding School was boring.

Chapter nine.

I walked out into the heat and looked around for Zak. I pushed his sunglasses onto my face and made my way towards the quad. He wasn’t around; I sighed then remembered the tree. I tried my best to remember how to get there, when I saw the hill I saw a figure and made my way up the hill.

“Hey, you found me.”

“Well you said you would come to lunch, and you weren’t there.”

“Oh, miss me?” I smiled and nodded.

“Of course Zakey,” He laughed at my nickname and put the big notebook he was holding away. “What were you writing?”

“Oh, it’s just a song, nothing special.”

“You play and write?” He nodded and pulled a sandwich out of his bag. I looked at it which a questioning look.

“I stopped by the hall earlier, but yes I play guitar, write music, sketch, read, you know the works.”

“Wow, I’m impressed.”

“Really now? I’ll have to remember that.”

“Yes you will,” I smiled and put my hands behind my body and rested on them.

“So, since we’re here on our hill. Tell me about why you moved around so much.”

I ran my hand through my hair and sighed. “Well when Cory was seven, me being five, our parents decided they wanted to move to the US to try and get more money. Well when Cory was fifteen he didn’t want to live in the states anymore and moved out here. So my parents moved us to California. School number two, then we moved to Florida when I was fifteen, school number three. Finally last year we moved to New York for my mom’s work last year. School number four, and here I am at school number five.”

“Wow, so you should be used to making new friends. I’m sure you have a lot of them back in the States.”

“Yeah right, I wish. Well, yeah I’m used to being the new girl, but every time I got settled, my parents would up and move again.”

“That’s got to be hard.”

“Yeah, not to mention every six or seven months Cory would get bored of school and want to transfer. So we would have to come here to look for a new school. Grant would come along and then he and Cory would ignore me.”

“Well, I’m here when they ignore you.” I looked over at and smiled.

“Yeah, luckily I met you over the summer.” He grinned and finished off his sandwich. We both laid back, I looked at my watch and jumped up.

“I have to go to calc, I’ll see you later?” He sat up and laughed.

“Yeah, I’ll be at dinner. Promise,” I smiled and jogged off to the math building.

I sighed before dropping off my bag in the dorm and making a mental homework list of everything I needed to do. Luckily all the classes I had today the homework was due Wednesday. I then headed to the office to get a dorm building key, it would suck if I was locked out.

After placing the key with my dorm key I checked my watch. Dinner started ten minutes ago. I groaned and headed to the dinning hall.

I walked in and I could see a bunch of heads turn my way. I smiled and headed over to the usual table, well tried to.

“Hello again Ava,” an unpleasant voice stopped me.

“What do you want Marcus?” I folded my arms over my chest and rolled my eyes.

“Just saying hello to the newest students,” He looked at his friends and smiled that disgusting smile.

“Well, you’ve said hello, now move.” I went to side-step around him but he stood up.

“Is there a problem?” I turned and smiled when I saw Zak; he smiled at me then looked at Marcus.

“Nope, I was simply saying hello to Ava here.”

“Well she has made it perfectly clear she doesn’t want to say hello to you.” He took my hand and led me around Marcus and walked us to the table.

“Thank you for that.”

“You’re welcome; it seems he has already found a person to annoy.” I sighed and he threw an arm around me, we sat down and I pushed the thoughts out of my head and started to fill my plate with food. “Why were you late anyway?”

“Oh, I went and dropped off my bag and books, and then I had to get a dorm building key.”

“Oh, right. Next time I’ll walk you to dinner.” I smiled and nodded and put a piece of chicken into my mouth.

“This food is always so good.” He laughed at me and I started to talk to Melanie.

After dinner I decided to head to the library to get some work done, I pulled my bag onto my shoulder and picked up my laptop, threw my iPod into my bag, and slid my cell into my pocket. I began walking over when my cell went off. I pulled it out and flipped it open.

Whatcha doing?
-Z


I shifted my laptop so I could send back a reply without dropping it.

Heading to the library, what about you?
=) A


I slipped my phone into my pocket and headed inside the cool building. I went up the stairs and took a seat next to the floor-to-ceiling windows that overlooked the rugby field. I put my phone on vibrate and it started buzzing.

Making my way over, see you soon.
-Z


I smiled and felt the butterflies. I put my phone on a table and booted up my laptop, I took out all my books and notebooks and placed them next to it. I checked my email while I waited for Zak. Junk, junk, junk, a college application, and an email from Cory.

I clicked on Cory’s email and waited for it to load. I felt hands over my eyes and I smiled. I put my hands over them, “Hey Zak,” I laughed and he moved his hands.

“I guess it didn’t help that I told you I was coming.” I laughed and shook my head no. He went across from me and plopped down, his bag making a thunk noise. I pulled my laptop to my lap and read through Cory’s email.

Hey sis, just seeing how the old school was treating you on your first day. Write back when you’re done being popular. =]
-Cory


I laughed and wrote a quick reply before closing the lid and putting back on the table. I noticed Zak had his sketch pad in front of him and would look up occasionally. “You’re not drawling me are you?”

“Noooo,” He smiled and continued to sketch, I shrugged and got to work on my calc homework. “So you survived your first day here.”

“Yeah, no scratches or anything.” I said after I completed my calc and history packet. All I had left was English, tomorrow I had French, Physics, and a free period.

“So you have a free period tomorrow?”

“Yeah…why?”

“Well I was going to show you something.”

“Another surprise?”

“Yeah.” I put my books in bag and leaned back, I smiled then nodded. He grinned and got up pulled up his bag and mine and took my hand. I slid my phone into my pocket and grabbed my laptop and we headed out. I didn’t notice it was already 10:00.

We headed out quietly not to disturb everyone else’s peace. The degrees outside dropped a little and I shivered slightly; Zak smiled and threw an arm around me. I wrapped my free arm around him and he squeezed. He walked me all the way to my dorm, and then kissed my forehead, “Night Ava. See you tomorrow morning.” He handed me my bag and winked
before walking towards his dorm.

Did that really happen?
♠ ♠ ♠
Nothing too special.

Comments? Subscribe?
Please and thank youu.