‹ Prequel: Something Like Love

Something Like Wintertime

Jason Mraz

Shaun and I were almost the first ones at the theater. It was really cold for Nevada, so I had on a blue pea coat and skinny jeans, with my Jason Mraz off the shoulder shirt underneath. Shaun almost had the same thing on, but his coat was in the form of a black Quicksilver hoodie, and his shirt wasn't off the shoulder.

His hand held mine, which was in my pocket, with his arm around me. He smiled down at me as the kids in line around us either stared or glared. Most of them were trying to figure out if they were really standing next to Shaun White and Chelsia Limbarso.

Soon, the sun set, and the night became almost freezing. Shaun pulled me close to him in an attempt to keep me warm, but it didn't help much. I didn't mind though; I was in Shaun's arms, and that was all that mattered. It was the only thing with value in my life.

As the line moved, Shaun pulled out our tickets. We handed them to the guy at the door, then headed into the small club, taking a spot very close to the stage. We watched and waited as the first set came on, some guy that only a few people had ever heard of, and then the next set. Finally, Jason Mraz was announced, and everyone went into a frenzy.

Jason came on stage, and I screamed. Shaun laughed at me, but I just held my hand up and screamed at Jason, along with every other girl in the vicinity. Jason smiled and grabbed his guitar, walking over to his micro phone to start the concert.

"How is Nevada on this fine, New Years Eve?" he asked. Everyone screamed louder, and Shaun brought me closer to him. I smiled, not at all annoyed with how close he wanted me. In fact, I was encouraging him. I moved even closer to him, pressing my back against his chest.

First, Jason went into Make It Mine, and Shaun held me close and sang most of the words to me. I knew why; I was all his, and he was all mine. There wasn't any breaking us, not distance, not time, and probably not death.

Jason's set went on with more of his songs, until his final song of the night. "This last one goes out to the lovers, who will do anything for each other, even if it's the stupidest thing ever," he said. Shaun and I laughed as he started playing.

"Well, you done done me and you bet I felt it
I tried to be chill but your so hot that I melted
I fell right through the cracks, now I'm tryin to get back
before the cool done run out I'll be givin it my best test
and nothin's gonna stop me but divine intervention
I reckon it's again my turn to win some or learn some

But I won't hesitate no more,
no more, it cannot wait
I'm yours

Well open up your mind and see like me
open up your plans and damn you're free
look into your heart and you'll find love love love love
listen to the music of the moment people dance and sing
We're just one big family
And it's our godforsaken right to be loved loved loved loved loved

So, i won't hesitate no more,
no more, it cannot wait i'm sure
there's no need to complicate our time is short
this is our fate
I'm yours

Scooch on over closer, dear
And I will nibble your ear

I've been spendin' way too long checkin' my tongue in the mirror
and bendin' over backwards just to try to see it clearer
But my breath fogged up the glass
and so I drew a new face and I laughed
I guess what I'd be sayin' is there ain't no better reason
to rid yourself of vanities and just go with the seasons
it's what we aim to do
our name is our virtue

But I won't hesitate no more,
no more it cannot wait
I'm yours

Well open up your mind and see like me
open up your plans and damn you're free
look into your heart and you will find that the sky is yours

so please don't, please don't, please don't,
there's no need to complicate,
Cause our time is short
This, this, this is our fate,
I'm yours
"

Shaun kissed me just as Jason sang his last note. I wrapped my arms around him and smiled, and he held me so close I thought I'd literally melt in his arms. "I love you so much, Chelsia," he said. I smiled wider, pecking his lips with mine.

"I love you more, Shaun!" I screamed. A few people around us turned their heads, but neither Shaun or I seemed to notice. Jason did, however. He called us, then beckoned us towards him. He held out his hand, with one of his guitar pics in his hand.

The only thing was, the pick was shaped like a heart. Jason smiled at both Shaun and I, then walked off the stage.
♠ ♠ ♠
XD
I love this story!