As You Wish

The Crystalline Forest

The humidity was killing my hair. Not that I should be the one complaining, I had been the one to recommend this location for the family’s annual picnic. I sighed and pulled my hoodie closer to my body. I stuffed my hands deep into my pockets and started walking away from everyone. Looking down, I kicked a pebble by my feet. It went a few feet before stopping. I kept my eyes downcast on my beat up shoes and the path I was walking upon. The grass back in the park had been green and luscious, but now it was looking more worn in, the earth peaking through in many places, and strange, blue, fertilizer-like pellets lay nestled between blades of grass

Some time, in the minutes I had been walking, the sun had set, the birds had settled in for the night and no other noises could be heard. I noticed that I could no longer hear the road noise. Looking up, I realized the park was nowhere to be seen. Instead I was surrounded by what seemed to be a crystalline forest. The trees shooting up from the frosted ground were translucent, shooting up to a darkened sky. The plants surrounding the trees were similar, appearing to be glasslike. There was a blue glow to the forest, and it seemed to be alive, despite the stillness that existed.

The air smelled strangely sweet, as if the crystals covering everything were made of pure sugar. I looked for any other color, anything that stuck out from the monochromatic scenery, but with no avail. I turned around, looking to find the way I had come, but all I saw was more of the odd forest. My heart began to thud from within my ribcage as it sunk in that I was lost. I was lost in a cold, magical forest. Nothing normal ever happens to me. I did the first thing that came to mind. I ran.

My feet thudded against the powdered ground, the sweet air blowing in my face as I sprinted, dodging trees and trying not to trip over brush on the ground. No matter how far I ran, the scenery never changed, it was just more of the same. My eyes were wide with fear, searching for something, anything, to signify life in this barren place. Giving up, I slid down to the ground, and leaned against a tree, it’s jagged surface poking into my back. Ignoring the discomfort, I drifted off to sleep.
♠ ♠ ♠
This is a new idea that just came to me an hour ago. It's different from my other story, and I'd like to know what you think, so comments por favor!!
and this does not mean I'm going to stop with Call Me Crazy, I'm still working on finishing that one, so yeah =]

Peace&Love, Erin