As You Wish

The Sprite

When I woke again, I was not where I had fallen asleep. The forest had disappeared, and instead, I found myself inside a glass orb, rainbows of light shining through its many facets. I struggled upward, trying to at least kneel, since it was too small for me to stand up. I took my hand, and ran my fingers along the glass, searching for an exit. I found none. Claustrophobia was setting in, my heart was beating rapidly, and a sweat was starting to form on my brow. I was ready to yell out, when a glimmer caught my eye. I crawled the short distance the curious object and myself, in order to get a better look. I gasped.

Hovering inches from my face was a sprite. It’s iridescent wings humming, keeping it suspended in the air. Its face was small, with clear eyes, looking at me curiously. I reached my hand out towards it, slowly, as not to startle it, but as I neared it, it’s eyes widened in fear, and it quickly zipped upward, and away. I was frozen, for its movement had startled me, but more than that, I was scared. If sprites are real, then what other creatures are as well?

I sighed shakily, and leaned against the wall of the orb, letting my mind wander. I thought of the events before I had left. He had shown up. His perfect face had appeared in the crowd, his eyes searching. Searching for me. I had watched as he conversed with my relatives, like nothing had ever happened. I remember glaring at him from where I sat, wishing he would leave, and when he didn’t I left myself.

I didn’t tell anyone I had left, nor did I tell anyone where I was going, and it had obviously been hours since I had left, and I began to wonder if any search parties had been sent out yet. Knowing my mother, who calls mall security every time I leave her vision, there was probably a hoard of search parties out for me. How long have I been gone? This surreal world had apparently toyed with my sense of direction as well as time.

None of this would have happened if he hadn’t shown up. He knew I didn’t want him there, I specifically told him that, but I’ve always known, he’s not much of a listener. I chuckled a bit, remembering the time we were planning a surprise party for my best friend, and I had told him not to tell; yet he went ahead and told her anyways.

Sighing, I closed my eyes and began to sing softly, the lyrics escaping my lips like whispers, as to not disturb the stillness.

I will climb the hills, draw my sword and take down
Anyone who tries to stand in front of me
Please know I'll never run away without you in my arms
One day lovers will dream of this undying kiss
Not of Romeo or Juliet
Stories told our love will never die


It was, after all, the song he used to sing to me.
♠ ♠ ♠
I used a lot of ittalics in this chapter. wow =P
Second update tonight, any thoughts?
Criticism is welcome =]

Peace&Love, Erin