A Vacation Worth a Lifetime

I'll bet you 10 bucks...

I dropped my fork, and sat back in the booth. “Yes?” I asked, my voice cracking. “Well you’re leaving in 3 days.” Tom shovelled more food into his mouth. I could barely speak – I was scared of what was going to happen next. “Yes.” That was the only word in my vocabulary. My hands began to slowly shake so I sat on them. “I think that I love you.” Tom blurted it out so fast I thought he might’ve been speaking German. “Well I love you too.” I replied picking up my fork and eating. “You don’t understand though.” He ate some more steak and put his fork down. I continued eating. “I love you. You’re different than the rest, and you know me. You know me well.” Tom began again. “If I could ask for one thing in the world I’d ask for a life with you.” Tom finished and stared me in the eyes for a long time – or so it seemed. I was speechless. I didn’t know him like this; I knew him to be a whore. He was wrong, I didn’t know him too well. I just knew I loved him.

The rest of the breakfast was quiet. Tom and I caught a taxi back to the hotel, and when we had arrived Bill and Haylen were just waking up. “Gooood morning!” I shouted in an exaggerated voice. “Yeah, good mornin’ to you too.” Haylen replied back, as she made her bed. My bed was still messy because I’m lazy and I hate cleaning. Tom was still silent; I hoped I hadn’t hurt his feelings or anything. I love him, I really do; but there’s no way he could fit me into his perfect life anyways.

“I bet you 10 bucks that someone will knock on our door in the next half hour!” Haylen yelled from the bathroom as she was getting dressed. She was probably right; today the classes were to go on some sort of cruise for the night. After Haylen had gotten dressed, there was a knock on the door. “Told ya’ so!” Haylen went and answered the door while the boys ran into the bathroom to hide.

“Girls, we’re leaving for the cruise tonight; we’re leaving at 5. Be ready!” I heard the teacher close our door. “Cruise tonight.” I huffed under my breath. I didn’t want to go. That’d be a whole night away from Tom – and there wasn’t anyway that they could sneak onto the boat either. “So; That leaves us with only two days together then.” I wasn’t too happy about this cruise. Of course it’d be fun and Haylen and I could catch up on things. We don’t really talk a whole lot while we’re with Bill and Tom.

I heard Tom sigh from across the room. I walked towards him and pulled him into a hug; he seemed reluctant at first, but gave in after a while. “It’ll work out.” I whispered into Tom’s ear; I couldn’t be sure of it though.

The time was 2 o’clock already; who knew time could fly that fast? Haylen and I began packing our bags for the cruise tonight. I will admit I was excited – the teacher said there’d be swimming and the whole bit. I threw some shirts and jeans into the bag along with my black short shorts and my undergarments. Tom let out a laugh as I threw my bras into the bag. How mature. “Oh how funny you are Tom.” I said in a sarcastic voice. If anything could cheer Tom up, it’d be bras and thongs; am I right?

Haylen was the first done packing; I couldn’t decide which shoes I should bring. I only had enough room for a pair of flip flops, or my ankle boots. I threw them both in anyways and squished them to fit. “Enough stuff?” Haylen asked, hovering over me as I zipped up the luggage box. “Ah, I’d like to bring more but nothing else will fit.” I winked at Haylen and dragged my luggage box towards the door. “Well you kinda packed like you’re going on a cruise for a month – it’s a one night cruise, dear!” Haylen laughed and dragged her luggage towards the door also.

We were leaving in two more hours for the cruise.
♠ ♠ ♠
comment
subscribe?
please?