A Vacation Worth a Lifetime

Cruise Time!

I went to lay on the bed; my arms hurt from packing. Tom came and lay beside me. I rested my head against his chest again, listening for his heartbeat. Bill flicked on the television and began watching a movie. Haylen was in the bathroom straightening her hair; I don’t understand why she was straightening her hair when it’s just gonna’ get wet from swimming, but whatever. “Ah, I’m actually like excited to go on this cruise thing. I love swimming and water and boats!” I began to squeal at the thought. “Mm, me too.” Haylen shouted from the bathroom.

Tom was basically speechless for the rest of the night. “So, are you staying here while we’re gone, or going back to your hotel?” I asked. “Uh, we’re staying here. We have fans outside our hotel, day and night.” Bill replied. “Yeah; and here you get free breakfast.” Tom added laughing. Well now he talks.

Halfway through the movie Bill, Tom and I were watching there was a knock on the door again. Bill and Tom ran into the bathroom and Haylen got shoved out. I answered the door, seeing the teacher. “Hey, what’s up?” I asked leaning against the door-frame. “Uh, nothing? We’re leaving in 20 minutes. So start packing your luggage towards the lobby.” With that, the teacher left. I tried lifting my bag again, but I fell over. Great! Just what I need. Tom walked out of the bathroom, making sure the teacher was gone. “Lemme take your bag.” Tom grabbed my bag and walked towards the staircase. I slipped my shoes on and followed. “Shit, what do you have in here? Dead bodies?” Tom dragged the bag down the stairs, and set it down at the bottom of the staircase. “Yes, how’d you know?” I laughed and kissed Tom good bye.

I dragged my bag towards the lobby, and looked back at Tom. He stood completely still, looking at me. I waved once more and so did Tom; then Tom turned away and walked back towards the room. A few minutes later Haylen was in the lobby too. “Your bag looks so fat!” She pointed to my bag, and then looked at her small bag. “Well... Uh, I like to over-pack sometimes.” I giggled and the teacher came into the room. “Okay, everyone head into one of the taxi’s waiting outside.” We all ran into taxi’s, hoping to be the first there.

The taxi ride was long – nearly 45 minutes. “Excuse me, taxi-driver-man. Can we stop at a convenience store for like 30 seconds?” I asked the dirty looking man. “Sure lady; Whatever you want.” The taxi driver winked and began to drive to a convenience store. “Why’re we going to a convenience store?” Whispered Haylen. “I need an energy drink; I feel like I’m going to fall over or pass out.” We both laughed.

Once at the convenience store, I ran in and grabbed 4 energy drinks. The total was just over 13 dollars; Holy shit they’re expensive – or maybe it’s just the fact I hate spending money? “Here.” I threw Haylen two of the drinks, and put the other two beside me. The taxi driver began to drive towards the place where we were supposed to go. I wonder what Bill and Tom were doing back at our small and boring hotel?
♠ ♠ ♠
NEXT chapter will be in Tom's point of view! :)