A Vacation Worth a Lifetime

Tom Tom Tom.. You'll never learn, will you?

“Fuck I already miss her, Bill.” I had my head in my hands waiting for her to come back. “Yes, Tom I know.” Bill was watching television still; what a lazy shit. “Ugh, I can’t stand this. I’m going for a smoke.” I reached for my hat, and slipped on my massive over-sized shoes. “Don’t do it Tom! You know she doesn’t like men who smoke – no girls do.” Bill was always so annoying at times like these. He always looks on the bright side of things – I don’t know how. “Your right.” I replied still walking towards the door. “But I don’t care.” I slammed the door and headed out the back.

I put the cigarette in my mouth, and lit it. After a few puffs I felt calmed; almost. “Great.” I mumbled to myself. “I sound like a chick who’s in love.” I thought to myself. Without her, I really don’t know what to do. After my cigarette I decided to head back in.

Bill was writing something in a notepad. “What’cha got?” I asked tucking the cigarette box back into the pocket of my hoodie. “Lyrics – or at least I’m trying to write.” I took the lyrics from Bill’s hand and read over them. “It’s about Haylen, eh?” I asked – well I guess it was more of a statement, since I knew the answer was yes anyway.

“I’m out of here.” I gave Bill his notepad back and headed for the door. “Where?” Bill asked, putting his notepad to the side and putting the pen behind his ear. “A club I guess – there’s got to be somewhere in this city where I can get a drink.” I grabbed walked back towards the side dresser and grabbed my wallet. “No girls, Tom. Don’t break her heart by cheating.” Bill sounded like my mother, for heaven sakes.

I got into a taxi and told the driver to take me to a club anywhere. “Ah, that’ll be thirty bucks.” The driver reached his hand out, waiting for me to place money in his hand. “Here.” I placed thirty bucks into the palm of his hand. Bill’s words kept reappearing in my head. “No girls Tom.. No girls Tom..”

Finally, the taxi came to a stop and I got out and slammed the car door. I walked into the nightclub trying to get Bill’s words out of my head. I walked into the club and the loud music pounded my head; It felt good. I sat at the bar for a few minutes until a few girls approached me. “Autograph, please.” The blond one managed to stutter the words. I winked at her; she was hot. I signed the other autographs, and they left – except the blond girl.

“My name’s Ashley – and your amazing.” She shouted above the loud music. “Thanks. How about I buy you a drink?” I began to play with my lip ring – that always gets me what I want. “Yeah; I’d love that.” She replied, brushing her blond hair back. The bartender must’ve overheard; she slid down two drinks of something for the both of us.

After the first few drinks she became a little tipsy. She leaned over and pressed her mouth against mine. A few thoughts raced in my mind; What about Hailey? What’ll Bill think of this? I continued to kiss the girl until she pulled away. She grabbed my hand and began leading me out the door.