A Vacation Worth a Lifetime

This'll be the last morning you'll call me love.

I lay in bed unable to sleep. Tom had his arms around me, and his head on top of mine. “What are you thinking about?” I asked, whispering with my eyes closed. “You and the first day we met.” He whispered back, smoothing my arm. Bill and Haylen were having their own conversation on the other bed. I couldn’t hear what they were saying, no matter how hard I listened.

Tom finally fell asleep, and so did Bill and Haylen. Or at least I think so – I couldn’t hear them whispering anymore. I was the last one awake. I could hear the wind outside the window, and Bill snoring quietly.

The next morning I was the first person up. I layed in bed, on Tom’s chest. I listened to his heartbeat again. It seemed a bit creepy, but I didn’t care; I liked it. “Morning.” Bill said, rolling out of bed. I jumped a little, embarrassed to be caught listening to Tom’s heartbeat. “Yeah, morning to you too.” I also got out of bed, and went into the bathroom to get dressed.

As I walked out of the bathroom about twenty minutes later, Tom and Haylen both woke up. “Morning, love.” Tom pulled me into a hug, and kissed the top of my head. “Morning Tom.” I mumbled. I wasn’t feeling so great today; I had that feeling you get when you know you have to do something you don’t want to do. For me, I don’t want to say good bye to Tom. Today was the last day we’d get to see each other, because tomorrow first thing in the morning we were leaving.

“What’re we doing today?” Asked Bill from across the room who had Haylen in his arms. “It’s another shopping day.” I replied, which cheered me up a bit. Shopping always cheered me up. “I’ll bring my card. Everything is on me today.” Tom announced, smiling at me. So my day just got to be 100% better than ever. A free shopping trip. “Yes, I’ll pay for Haylen also.” Bill smiled at Haylen, and Haylen spread a wide smile across her face.

The teacher came by our rooms again, so bill and Tom hid in the bathroom as usual. “We’re leaving at the usual time – 12:00 noon – for shopping, so be ready.” And with that, the teacher walked back down the hall, knocking on other doors. The boys both came out of the bathroom, laughing. “What?” I asked, humming a song in my head. “Nothing, Bill is just being weird.” Tom laughed, and so did Bill. Whatever.

Bill and Tom both got ready in the bathroom, and Haylen and I waited downstairs for the rest of the students. “1 2 3 4 5 6 7..” The teacher began head counting again, like he did the first day. The first day, when I met Tom; what a great day that was – he was so mean and shy. I began laughing to myself, and the teacher smiled at me. I was always laughing in choir, and he’d usually laugh with me too, even though he had no idea what I was laughing about. I wanted these memories to last longer than I knew they would.
♠ ♠ ♠
:o so sad.
The last full day they'll be able to spend together...