A Vacation Worth a Lifetime

Brunch with Tokio Hotel.

Haylen and I piled into a taxi along with two other guys. My cell began to vibrate in my bag. “Aren’t you going to get that?” The boy with blond hair asked. “No. Well – yeah.” I replied. It could be Tom. I flipped the cellular open, and I had a text message from my friend back home. She told me it was her first 5 months going without smoking. That’s nice. “Anything important?” The blond boy asked again. “No, leave me alone.” I shouted, regretting it immediately. “Well sorry.” The boy whispered. Haylen began laughing at me and my big blow up – over nothing, of course. “I’m having a bad day; I’m actually sorry.” I began laughing.

Finally, the boys got out at a small restaurant. The taxi driver nearly kicked us out too, if it weren’t for Haylen’s way of persuading people. We got out at a small cafe, where we met Bill and Tom. “Hey Ladies.” Tom waved from across the street. Haylen and I both dodged the cars as we ran across the street. Finally, I found myself in Tom’s arms, in front of a small cafe. A waiter came and led us to a table outside. He handed us menus and glasses of water.

“What’s everyone having?” Asked the tall waiter. “I’ll have some... eggs.” I replied, in a low voice. My stomach was tossing and turning, horrified for the day to end. The waiter gave me a funny look, like I was insane. “I’ll have steak and eggs.” Tom stated; that’s what he had last time we were here. “Same here. Steak and eggs.” Bill grabbed the menus and piled them all onto the table in a small stack. “And for you, Madame?” Asked the waiter, staring down Haylen. “I’m sharing. With him.” Haylen pointed to Bill. With that, the waiter walked away, all snooty-like.

We relaxed and ate our lunch together, even though it was more of a breakfast meal. I began worrying as the time advances, leaving me with less time with Tom. My stomach didn’t stop turning that day; it felt like someone was kneeding dough in my stomach. After lunch, we all went shopping.

We went to a few small boutiques, like Chanel and such but nothing there really interested Haylen or I. We went back to hot topic for an hour or so, and I bought some more skinny jeans – or should I say Tom bought them? Bill bought Haylen some band t-shirts and hair accessories and then Tom led me out of the store. “I need to take you somewhere.” Tom huffed under his breath, grasping my hand and leading me down the street.