Status: 1/26/11: Someone reported this story so....

Last Regret

Prologue

“So Cole, where are we going tonight?” she asked, a wide grin on her face.

“Alexis, I’ve got stuff to do tonight. Maybe tomorrow,” Cole said, giving his girlfriend a sympathetic look.

Cole Briggs was 6'1 and one of the most handsome guys Alexis knew. He had crystalline blue eyes and pale blonde hair.

“Cole you’ve said that everyday this week.” Alexis crossed her arms and gave Cole an annoyed look.

Alexis was 5'9 and easily one of the smartest girls either of them knew. She had dusky black hair and radiant green eyes.

“Don’t get mad at me. I have work to do and you’re not making this any easier!” Cole’s eyes were blazing now and his voice was steadily rising.

“I didn’t mean to-” Alexis began, her green eyes shining with guilt.

“I need to go now. I’ll call you tonight.” Cole turned around and got into his car and drove off.

Alexis sighed, How did I manage to screw this up?

I’m gonna make this up to him.

A content smile spread across her face, as she devised a plan.

{Alexis’ POV}

I took a deep breath and pushed open the door to Cole’s apartment. I scanned the room but Cole was nowhere to be found.

“Cole!” I called, heading towards his bedroom.

“Shit!” Someone cried from his room.

Pushing open the door, I was met with ghastly sight. Cole was sitting upright, a blanket hastily wrapped around his waist, with a blond laying down next to him.

“What’s going on?” I swallowed.

This is not happening.

“Alexis, this is not what it looks like,” Cole said, his eyes wide.

“Then what is it?”I hissed.

Maybe I’m wrong.

“Well, Amber and I were working and one thing led to-”

“Work, right. God, I was such a fool to believe that huh? How long has this been going on? Week? Months? Did you laugh when I believed your stupid excuses?” I said bitterly.

“Alexis...”

“What? Are you gonna tell me I’m wrong?”

“No, I just didn’t want you to find out this way. I mean I planned to break-” Cole stopped and gave me a pitying look.

“What are you talking about?”

My anger concealed the pain and fear in my eyes.

“Alexis, I’ve been seeing Amber for a week or so now. It made me realize that you and I... well that we need to end this.”

Cole lowered his head, while Amber shot me a haughty glance.

What? I turned around and headed for the door.

You can’t do this, after two years.

“Alexis!” he called. I stopped and whipped around.

Maybe it was just a sick joke.

“Um... I need your key.”

I pulled the key out of my pocket and flung it at him, mumbling “two fucking years” the whole time.

Once I had gotten in my car, I finally let the tears fall.

“Damnit! Why me?!” I yelled, tears splashing on the dashboard.

Tears still falling, I headed to the one place I knew would make me feel better.