Status: 1/26/11: Someone reported this story so....

Last Regret

Chapter 10

We end up seeing an insanely scary movie. I bury my face in Brendon’s shirt about ten times. I scream twice as much. I have to leave the theater twice just to calm the fuck down. I hate scary movies.

“If I’d have known that you would freak out like that, I wouldn’t have made you see that movie,” Brendon mutters, on the drive home.

“No it’s fine. I-I had fun,” I lie.

Ryan sees right through me, “when? You’ve smiled maybe once since we left your place.”

“I...um-” I stutter but Brendon interrupts me.

“Well you’ve smiled maybe once since I’ve met you,” he counters.

“This isn’t about me Brendon. She isn’t-”

“You just um passed my house,” I say uncomfortably. “Shit.” Brendon slams on the breaks, makes a u-turn and stops in front of my building. He pushes open his door and practically storms off to my building. Ryan catches my eye in the rearview mirror and sighs.

“You don’t have to go along with everything he says you know? He won’t mind,” he says and I frown. “I’m not-"

"You should get inside.” I stare at the back of Ryan’s head and eventually get out the car. Did I go along with everything Brendon said?

“Sorry about Ryan. He can be an ass sometimes,” Brendon mumbles, although his thoughts seem to be elsewhere.

“It’s okay. I mean, I don’t mind it,” I answer and Brendon eventually smiles.

“Okay so how can I make this up to you?” he asks.

“You don’t-"

"Yes I do. Look, how about uh...bowling? This weekend? I won’t bring Ryan,” he adds at my indecisive expression.

“Actually I’ve got a lot of work to catch up on,” I say quietly.

“I think you need a break. Just some fun to take your mind off of everything,” he says pointedly. Something about Brendon’s tone makes me want to say yes. No school work, no frustrations, just fun. It seemed like a great idea but so did getting my grades up.

“I don’t know.” Brendon leans down and lifts my chin slightly, “please?”

Ryan honks the car horn and I blush and stumble backwards. Brendon sighs, “we’ll talk later alright?” I nod and he walks back to the car, cursing under his breath.
♠ ♠ ♠
My favorite chapter to write so far!