Status: 1/26/11: Someone reported this story so....

Last Regret

Chapter 12

Brendon convinces me to come. By convincing me, I mean he pouted and I instantly agreed. Ryan glares at me for being such a push over. I ignore it. The band consists of Brendon, Ryan a guy named Jon and a guy named Spencer. Jon and Spencer are nice enough, but they never stop asking questions.

They ask about my family, my friends and my job and I lie about all of it. I tell them that my parents are still together, that I have too many friends to pick just one best friend and that my singing career was really taking off. They seem very impressed. We all pile into Brendon’s car and head to the bowling alley.

We stop at a modest bowling alley just on the outskirts of town. The place is called Lucky Strikes and looks rather empty. Everyone gets out of the car and I find Brendon waiting for me on the sidewalk. He smiles a bit nervously and grasps my hand in his.

“I’m really glad that you came tonight. I know that you had work to do and bowling isn’t exactly productive or educational and spring break is almost over and-” he rambles.

“It’s fine, I swear. I can study tomorrow,” I say, although I’m certain that Brendon will come by tomorrow as well. Brendon studies my face for a few seconds before squeezing my hand and smiling.

“Let’s catch up with everyone else,” he says, before pulling me along. When we get inside, Brendon and Jon head off in search of food, so I’m left sitting with Ryan, Spencer and some other guy.

As a precaution, I sit as far away from Ryan as possible, but he moves his seat regardless. “So you’re a singer?” he asks, and I furrow my brow.

“What?” “That’s what you told Jon,” he clarifies.

“Right well, I may have embellished,” I mutter and Ryan glances over at me smugly.

“You know, Jon and Spencer don’t care if you have nothing and no one,” Ryan says after a minute.

“That isn’t true,” I hiss.

“Then why did you lie?” he prods.

“That isn’t your business,” I say briskly, before standing up.

“Why are you getting angry?” Ryan asks, standing up as well.

“Why are you trying to figure me out?” I counter.

“Because no one else will,” he retorts and without even thinking, I slap him. I slap Ryan Ross across the face and get the fuck out of that bowling alley.
♠ ♠ ♠
I know it sucks, sorry. Writing this is becoming increasingly hard as homework starts to pile up...