Status: 1/26/11: Someone reported this story so....

Last Regret

Chapter 4

“So wait, you don’t know how to ice skate?” Brendon asks slowly, lacing up his skates.

“Well, I was hoping that I could just watch you skate. . .” I mutter, trailing off.

It had seemed like a good idea at the time, going ice-skating.

“No way, I’ll teach you,” Brendon says brightly.

“No, really Brendon, I’ll just watch,” I say slowly, taking a couple steps away from Brendon.

Brendon sighs, figuring that it was best not push the matter.

“Fine,” he mutters, watching me relax into a corner.

Brendon steps onto the ice and skates away, causing me to sigh.

Part of me wishes that Brendon had forced me onto that ice so I could be as graceful as he was. I’d fall on the ice a hundred times if it meant Brendon would pick me up.

The other part of me is happy that Brendon ditched me for the frigid ice. I could watch him now, spin gracefully along the rink, a dazzling smile on his face.

After roughly two minutes Brendon stops and steps out of the rink and pouts at me.

“You were really good out there...by yourself.”

“Please Alexis! I promise, you won’t get hurt and-”

“I don’t really trust you after this,” I laugh, pointing to the noticeable bruise on my forehead.

“I’m really sorry!” Brendon takes a step closer to me, still pouting.

I try to take a step backwards, before realizing I’m already in a corner. Brendon pulls off his skates before scooping me up in his arms, a huge smile on his face.

“Brendon!” I scream, kicking and punching any body part I could reach.

Brendon lowers me to floor, ignoring the dirty looks we were getting, “you wanna skate now?”

“Over my dead body,” I hiss, crossing my arms.

Brendon reaches to pick me up again, as I hear whispers.

They’re quiet at first, just murmurs, but they quickly increase in volume. I can make out their words now.

"Oh my God, is that him?"

"No way!"

"Who’s that girl?"

"I don’t now, but she looks like a whore."


I flinch and push Brendon away from me, “I'm going to go back home,” I say flatly.

Brendon stares at me in surprise, “but we just got here, Alexis!”

“I’m uh, tired,” I mutter.

Brendon grabs my arm, “what’s wrong?”

I sigh and wrench my arm from Brendon’s grip, “nothing.”

The whispers increase in volume and the girls begin giggling and it’s like a lightbulb flicks on.

Brendon pulls me into a hug and kisses my cheek, as the whispers increase in number.

“Don't even worry about them,” he whispers, “they're just-”

I push Brendon away and he gives me a surprised look. He opens his mouth to say something but I shake my head.

"I don't think we should hang out anymore," I mutter. I head out of the bowling alley, ignoring the nagging voice in my head. The one that constantly reminded me when I had screwed up.
♠ ♠ ♠
Eh...I hope the layout makes up for it.
And yeah this is a panic story now.