Risking It All

Risking It All

"Next up Bilko. This Aussie from Baxter VIC, Australia can really put on a show"

The announcers voice rang throughout the stadium. I stared intently as he started down the ramp. Cliffhanger back flip, kiss of death, he was on his to winning. He headed for the 75 foot ramp. I knew instantly what he was going for. He angled the lip and went for his signature no-handed 360.

I felt the tears began to build up in my eyes. He pushed the bike away but still hit the compact dirt. I ran down the stairs noticing that JeremyLusk and ToddPotter had beat the medics to him and were helping him stand up. I met up with them ambulance/medic center and climbed in next to him. My eyes filled with concern and I felt him reach for my hand.

" 'Liza? It's going to be okay."

I shook my head as we pulled up to the hospital. I sat in the waiting room while they put him in a room and got x-rays. I tapped my foot impatiently while I waited.

"Ms.Britt. Blake wants to see you."

I jump up immediately following the nurse down the to Blake's room. I rolled my eyes to myself; could this nurse walk any slower. She finally reached the door, opening she stepped aside so I could enter. I nearly ran to him, I slipped in the chair next to the hospital bed. He looked over at me; his hair a mess with a mix of pain and adrenaline gleaming in his hazel eyes.

"Blake...are you okay?"

He smiled widely shaking his head 'yes'.

" 'course...although the doc said I should deal with the pain until we get back to San Diego to get a full check on my body. He does now though that I've broken a couple toes and screwed up my knee."

I shook my head in shook. This was about the third full time he had been admitted to the hospital just this year and he took it so lightly. It amazes me; still does.

"Blake,-"

He rolled his eyes

"Why can't you just call me Bilko; like everybody else."

I smirked and sucked my teeth.

"Well I think knowing you for 21 years of your life qualifies me to call you Blake."

He shrugged nodding his head then pulled me in the bed next to him. I sighed curling closer to his body.

"Blake,why do you do this to me?"

I felt his chest move in a sigh, we had this conversation before. I knew he didn't mean to hurt me but it still did and sometimes it was just to much for me to comprehend. Blake ran a hand through my long, choppy hair; he cupped my cheek.

"Elizabeth, you don't think I would hurt you intentionally? You know better than anybody else I live my life risking it all. A prime example is our relationship, everybody told us it would never work. Three years later you're still mine."

I smiled up at him and I did know; nobody 'till this day understand how we've made it work. Me being the unique photographer who doesn't understand dirt bikes. And him being the crazy, daring racer and freestyler. It basically boiled down to:

He loves me and I love him.

I did not make any retort other than kissing him lightly then smirking.

"I am yours."

He laughed,"I can't wait to get back to the States."

"Why?"

He smirked,"Because my bed is a lot more comfortable than this hospital.

I laughed at his goofiness. I could tell he still was in pain but knew he was better due to his humorous remarks.

"Well you were the one had to go around and risk it all and land yourself in the hospital."

He didn't make a remark; just pulled me closer to his warm body that smelled of dirt, fuel, and cologne.

"Blake?"

He rested his head next to mine, "Yea,babe?"

"I love you."

He kissed me, "I love you too..and 'Liza one more thing?

"Yea?"

I was slowly letting my eyes fall shut.

"Will you risk it all and marry me?"

My eyes widened in shock

"Blake?"

His face was completely serious; he intertwined our fingers.

"It doesn't have to be rushed...just...let me know you will."

I wrapped my arms around his neck and pressed my lips to his cheek.

"Of course I will."

A grin spread across his face as we both settled underneath the thin cotton sheets. He laughed to himself and I raised an eyebrow at him in question.

"See now both of us have risked everything today."

I smiled and shook my head and he raised my head kissing me gently.

" 'Kay enough chatting it's late time for sleep."

"Good night, Blake."

"G'Night 'Liza."
♠ ♠ ♠
So, I hope everybody likes this. It's my first attempt at not using italics on speech.