Lost Love

Acting On Anger

Going home was far better than walking to the park. I luckily, and yes, luckily, avoided Nick and Tyson at all cost. Yea I had to cut through a couple of bushes and trees, Carly getting a few cuts from the thorn branches, but it was better than me getting a broken nose, and her having to watch. I could tell about half way close to home that she was getting tired, so I had to carry her this time. She really wasn’t that heavy, which I was thankful for.

As soon as we got home, I abstained from conversing with mother. I tip-toed upstairs as quietly as possible, every creak on the stairs was making my stomach go into 360 mode. Why do we have to have so many stairs? It was true. It was about 35 long, sloping, never ending stairs until you got to your destined location. And as soon as I did, as quiet as I was trying to be, and still holding Carly, I was out of breath. I leaned against the cool wooden wall, resting for a free second, then warily made it to Carly’s room to lay her down on her Barbie bed. I covered her up cautiously, not wanting to wake her up, and made it to my room, to see my welcoming bed, which I gladly threw myself on. No exaggeration. I dug my face in the black pillow-cased pillows, and let out a muffled yawn. I closed my exhausted eyes, laying my arms under the pillows, to make a more comfortable position. I began to go over what Tyson and Nick had done today, and all the other times; and soon enough, I fell into a mind twisting sleep.

A dream only to be meant ‘it’s just a dream.’

“Jadey, Jadey, Jadey.” Came Tyson’s taunting voice. “How’re you today? Miserable I hope.” He laughed and made sure to look back at Nick, who was also enjoying my nervousness. “Aw, c’mon, say something, we’re not going to harm you.” Lie. Nothing but a lie.

“Look, just let me go please.” I asked, or pleaded. Nick stayed a few large steps behind Tyson. Reason for this; he would never help Tyson in ‘harming’ me. Truth was, he was too scared. I glared at him, looked straight through those murky eyes and saw amusement, but also, with a mixture of fear. I felt kind of bad, knowing that Tyson had some sort of hold on him, not that it was intentional surprisingly, and not that he controlled him like you see in all the movies. But there was something there…

“Let you go? Let you go?” He looked at me with mock confusion on his face. Almost as if he were pondering; pondering the fact that I wanted to be let go, but knew I wouldn’t have my way. And I knew that too well. “Why should I let some dipshit kid like yourself just… go?” He laughed and turned around, sulking my, well in his point of view, my stupidity.

My lip started to quiver, but I held it all back. Tyson would sure do much worse to me if he saw me cry. It was bad enough my lip was quivering.
“Well we brought you here for a reason today Jadey.” He stepped closer to me, that same evil smirk, that same cynical stare. “To teach you a lesson.” And he raised his fist, it came closer and closer, the blood in my veins just racing through every course it could. And then…

My eyes bolted open and I still felt my heart racing, even as I was awake. I pushed myself up, shaking my vision back into my eyes.

“Jade, dinner’s ready!!” Mom shouted from downstairs in the kitchen. I let myself fall back down onto the bed and sighed, and I heard something. Guuurglllgge. My stomach growled. I’d slept all the way through lunch… and woke up at dinner time; once again, I pushed myself up and stepped onto the warm fuzzy floor. I rubbed my stomach slowly, and walked tiredly towards the door. When I opened it, the fresh aroma of spaghetti entered my nostrils. Guuurglllgge. The sound interrupted my surroundings again. Grabbing my stomach, I made it fully out of my room, and down the ongoing steps, straight through the vacated living room, and into the aroma filled kitchen. Looking over at the table, I noticed my father sitting down at the round dinner table. Wow, he’s actually home for once. I thought to myself while pulling out a chair.

“Hey, son!” He greeted me, with a smile that told me he was actually happy to see his only boy.

“Hi dad.” I said back, my grin falling with tiredness. I slouched in my chair, and leaned my groggy head to the side. My breathing was slow and steady, almost like I was asleep.

“Tired there Jade?” My dad asked leaning back in his chair as well.

I turned to look at him and nodded. “Yea…” Pushing myself up, I set my elbows on the table, waiting for my mom to bring the spaghetti. Rubbing my somnolent face, I heard the clang of the awaited spaghetti bowl hitting the wooden table.

Mom beamed proudly as her dinner was presented. The colorful Garlic and Herb salad was already resting on the mensal. My father leaned over to grab the bowl of noodles and sauce when my arm, reaching under his, went for the bowl of salad.

“So, what’d you do today Jade?” My dad asked, setting the bowl back down and taking the salad from me as I took the spaghetti. He picked up his silver fork, twirled it within the noodles, and took a bite waiting for me to answer him.

I consumed a bite of salad and looked at him. “Took Carly to the park, which, by the way mom, thanks for making me do that…” I told her with an exasperated sigh, telling her I was completely in the zone of sarcasm.

“Why the arrogant tone Jade?” I smirked at her question. It sounded funny to me, so smart and stern.

I leaned back and stared at her, crossing my scrawny arms. “Well, you see mom. As I have told you before, there’re these two guys that seem to like to provoke me in any way possible. Which, in fact, happened today. I just wanted to say thanks.” Yea, yea, I know, I’m a smartass. She glared at me, opened her mouth about to say something but before she could, dad cut in.

“You know Jade, you just have to learn to fight back. It’s not that hard-“ abruptly I turned to him, anger rising, annoyance breaking through me.

“Dad! How many times do I have to tell you?!” I shouted. “It is hard okay?” His wide-eyed expression told me that he was shocked and surprised by my sudden outburst. “If you haven’t noticed, I’m not the strongest guy out there.” I got out of my dining chair. “And I don’t just mean physically!” Rushing towards the stairs, without looking back, I yelled, “Figure that one out!” Rushing up the steps, towards the top was my little sibling finally getting out of bed.

She looked at me curiously. “Where’re you going?” Rubbing her eyes she stood there and didn’t move ‘til I answered.

“My room. Have a nice dinner.” I left her standing there to watch me wallow all the way to my room, then I heard her thumps down the stairs, and I slammed my door shut, rattling my room viciously.

I stood there for a moment, breathing heavily, my fists clenching so tight my hands were changing colors. I looked around the clean room, searching for things I could slightly mess up. Almost immediately, a burst of irascible energy flooded over me. I went over to my black computer chair and kicked it aside, took all my books and threw them across the room vigorously. Turning around I went for my closet. I chucked all of my clothes off of the rail they were nonchalantly hanging from. I escaped out of that area of the room and went to my desk. Mostly just dvd’s and books on it, I wiped it all off with pique emotions. As it all fell to the ground with the clatters and soft thuds, I heard a clang. Wondering what else I had knocked down, I looked at the ground and saw a picture with a silver keychain attached to it. Flipping it over to envision the photograph, all anger was wiped away.

+++
♠ ♠ ♠
Here's chapter two :]
I hope you enjoy

and I only have another chapter after this one, so you might have to wait longer for it since I'm not sure when i can write the one after that [[chapter four]]
But anyways, read, comment, and i hope you like it :D

--Steph