Status: In Hold

Love Isn't Always Sweet

Chapitre dix

I was already ready when the puppet charged at me.

I took out whatever came to my hand first from the side bag, which happened to be a shuriken.

Can you believe it?! I take out something to defend myself from a kunai, and the best I can take out is a shuriken!?

I instantly looked at the shuriken and cursed myself for my dumbness, but tried to defend myself anyways.

Good luck for me, the puppet wasn’t trying to kill me, it was just slashing with the kunai over to my arms and legs, sometimes it would go against my stomach, but if it was close to hitting my stomach, I would see Pein glaring at Sasori and the puppet would focus on my arms.

I was barely defending myself with the stupid shuriken I took out, and when the puppet accidentally crashed into the wall when I moved away, I took out a kunai.

Suddenly after a while of fighting, I felt everything go numb.

“What the fuck is going on?!” I thought.

I tried to open my eyes but when I did, I saw that everything was red and black.

Then I realized something…I had accidentally looked at Itachi right before going numb, but not only to Itachi, but to his eyes.

Holy shit.

Me: “Itachi! Let go of my mind!”

Then I saw him appear:” maybe if you just black out you will see why I stopped you from the fight.”

“What the fuck am I doing wrong now?” he had already stopped me during his own test, the same way, and it had been because I wasn’t breathing properly and I was getting tired too fast.

Itachi: “why don’t you think for once, and discover it by yourself?”

I glared at him. I was fighting pretty well, if I can say so myself, so I couldn’t see what the fucking problem he was talking about was! I closed my eyes and replayed all the fights I had seen in the TV show.

In all the fights, whoever was fighting, not only fighted to survive, but to discover the other’s weaknesses. And then what was I doing wrong?

Then I realized I had just said it myself: I was only fighting to survive, and I wasn’t even trying to find a weakness to the puppet!

Me: “maybe it is because I am not fighting properly?”

“Maybe. Explain yourself.”

Me: “I just realized that all ninjas not only fight to survive, but they also try to find a weakness to the other person they are fighting. And finding the weakness is what I am not doing well.”

Itachi: “Really? Cause I saw you fight a kunai with an effing shuriken.”

Me: “I thought you had stopped me because I wasn’t trying to destroy the puppet!”

Itachi: “No. I stopped you because of the shuriken-kunai problem.”

I sweat dropped. “Can I go back to the battle now?”

Then I saw myself again in the real world. I quickly looked over to Itachi who was looking at me, and he was smiling. Wait, he was smiling?! Well, it was only a little smile, but that doesn’t matter!

Then I realized something: I was in the middle of a fight, and I had gone to Lala-land and it was Itachi’s fault!

I suddenly felt something hit me in my left arm; it had been the kunai the puppet was slashing. I winced in pain, and suddenly I saw that there was chakra running from the head towards the rest of the body. Yes! I had finally found its weakness!

I quickly slashed the kunai across the neck of the puppet, and it stopped moving; or at least its body did. Suddenly I saw the head of the puppet floating. I looked at it strangely. It’s not everyday you see a flying puppet head in front of you…opening its mouth widely… and preparing to shoot fire at you. Oh, fuck.

I then realized that I was about to get fried. I closed my eyes tightly and hoped that someone shooted water at the puppet and kill it miraculously.

I heard Pein shout something about stopping right there, and Sasori shouting back that he had stopped right when I cutted the head of the puppet.

Oh shit.

I heard a rush of water come from behind me, and hit the puppet, somehow killing it, and stopping it from killing me.

I slowly opened my eyes: “What the fuck just happened?” I looked at Sasori: “you were trying to kill me!” he rolled his eyes.

“If anyone here wanted to kill you, they would have done it a long time ago.”

He was right.

Me: “then who saved me?”

They all looked at each other. I knew what that meant: No one had saved me. Then who did?

Konan: “you were right Pein; this girl has got a talent inside of her.”

“What?”

Pein: “I think she accidentally saved herself.”

“What?!”

I was shocked: I saved myself? This was the second time this happened!

Then I heard Pein say: “whatever. Let’s continue, Kakuzu.”

I saw Sasori get out of the arena and Kakuzu get in front of me.

“Don’t worry, little girl. It will not hurt much.”

Me: “what do you mean it will not hurt much?!-“

Suddenly I felt strings and ropes get around me and pull me tight. I couldn’t breathe easily.

Kakuzu: “escaping skills. You should have seen them if you ever went to the academy.”

He said, referring to the headband that I was wearing around my right thigh.

Me: “but…I never… went to…the-“

“Oh, well. Too bad.”

I glared at him. I hate Kakuzu from now on. Oh, well, I had to try and get my hand to the side bag to cut the ropes with a kunai and then see what happened to the strings, cause I somehow had the feeling that when I cutted the ropes, the strings would activate and get chakra so that it would be more difficult for me.

I then remembered that I still had the kunai in my hand!

I held it tight and started cutting the first rope I could. When that one was cutted I struggled and a little part of all the ropes got off. I continued cutting the ropes, until only the strings were left. I was about to cut them, when I heard Kakuzu say: “stop right there. It took you long enough to cut the ropes, so now the real challenge: the strings.” He said while looking at a chronometer and stopping it, and writing down the result, and when he finished, he, as I expected, put chakra to the strings.

Well, this wasn’t going to be as easy as the last one, cause chakra strings don’t get cut by normal kunai.

I tried to concentrate chakra in my hands, so that I could cut the strings.

After what seemed like eternity, I finally was able to concentrate on the chakra and moving my hands, and I cutted the ropes in one swift move, and got free.

“Next is Hidan.”

I sighed. I was tired. And the only thing I could hope for was for Hidan to not make me work too much.

Kakuzu got out of the arena and gave back the results to Pein, while Hidan entered the arena.

Me: “so, what’s it going to be?”

Hidan: “don’t worry, you little bitch, it won’t take as long as Kakuzu’s fucking test.”

I glared at him.

“Yeah, yeah, whatever you say, you little bastard.”

If he treats me like shit, then that’s how I’m going to treat him too.

Then I heard Deidara say: “well, she isn’t much of a lady, un…”

Me: “Look who’s talking! The guy who looks like a girl!”

“What?!”

I saw him trying to jump and kill me, but the others held him back. “Just let her do her test.”

I smiled and turned back to Hidan. “Really, what’s it going to be?”

“A sacrifice to Janshin.”

“What?!” then I kind of wanted myself to think about what he had just said. “Oh, yeah. Sure. A ‘’sacrifice’’ to Janshin, I get it! Hahahaha…”

“I really mean a sacrifice.”

I stopped laughing. Then I started laughing again. “OMG! Good one, you almost got me!”

Kakuzu: “he means it, Umi.”

I then really stopped laughing. “And who’s the sacrifice?”

“You.”

I stared at him wide eyed. “No you aren’t” “yes I am.”

Then I started running away from Hidan; I was about to be a sacrifice to a god that does not even exist!

Suddenly I felt him holding me from the back of my t-shirt. “Ugh. Don’t be such a cry-baby!”

Me: “ But I don’t want to die yet!”

Hidan: “Ok, tell you what: We spar and if I manage to take blood out of you in less than 5 minutes, you become a sacrifice, and if I can’t, then you will be free to go, plus, you will pass the test.”

Me:” but 5 minutes is too much! How about 3?” I said while smiling a little.

“Ok.”

He put me down. “well, let the test begin….”
♠ ♠ ♠
:P