Status: In Hold

Love Isn't Always Sweet

Chapitre vingt

Next morning, I woke up earlier than Sasuke.

I immediately got up.

What had I done last night? I could vaguely remember…

Then I freezed just as I was getting out of the room: I had kissed him.

Yuki could never find out about this. NEVER.

I got out of there as quickly as possible, and headed to the bathroom to get a bath.

I quickly went to the kitchen after getting dressed and started getting breakfast ready. Pancakes.

I was just starting to cook the mix, when Sasuke entered the room.

“That smells great” he said.

I didn’t answer. I shouldn’t talk to him anymore.

“Should I help?” he asked.

I didn’t answer again, but I shook my head saying no.

I vaguely heard him start taking out some glasses, milk, and some plates.

I was almost done cooking, when he hugged me from behind. I pulled away.

“Don’t do that” I said almost angrily, but then added “I might burn myself”

He sighed and let go.

When I was done, I placed the pancakes on the table. They were only 5.

“Only 5?” he said.

“I’m not hungry. I’ve got to train. See you.” With that, I took my stuff and left.

I should’ve never said a thing. I shouldn’t have cooked. I should’ve left right after I got dressed.

I shouldn’t have kissed him.

That’s what I was thinking as I was heading to god knows where.

“Fuck me” I said as I stopped and looked around. Then I re-directioned myself towards the training grounds.

I couldn’t stop thinking about him!

Then again, I had kissed him, hadn’t I?

When I got to the training grounds, I saw Yuki and Misty along with Kakashi-sensei. God, I hate Yuki so much right now!

I went up to Yuki and hugged him as if nothing has happened. That whore was going to pay… when I got to know how to heal the curse myself.

“Don’t think I don’t know what happened at night.” Yuki said as we were hugging. My heart sunk.

“What do you mean?” I said while we continued hugging.

“You kissed him”

I pulled away, and then forced a smile. I had to act as if I loved him.

“Can we talk about that later?” I said as sweetly as possible.

I quickly greeted Misty and Kakashi-sensei.

“Alright, let’s start the training” said Kakashi.

*********5 hours later*********

“God!” I shouted as I fell to the ground, exhausted.

Kakashi didn’t seem tired at all. “Tomorrow, same place, same time” he said, and then disappeared with a poof.

How had I endured 5 hours of training? Only God knows.

Yuki sat down next to me. I looked around, looking for Misty to save me. Unlucky me, I didn’t find her.

“So, are you going to explain?” he asked finally after a while.

“Maybe”

“Do you know how I found out?”

“Nope”

“Do you want me to tell you?”

“I don’t really care”

“I’ll take that as a YES.” He said.

I sighed. I really didn’t want to know; it was surely one more of his dirty tricks.

“Alright, I shall be nice and tell you” He said with a smirk.

I looked at the sky; why couldn’t my life be as peaceful?

“The curse isn’t over. It might not have the effects from before, but it still has its effects…”

“Say what?!” I looked at him.

“I can still search in his thoughts, you know?”

“But you had healed him!”

“Now, now… Calm down. He isn’t bleeding anymore, is he? Besides, I never said I would heal him completely…”

“You dirty bastard!” I tried hitting him in the face.

Clumsy me, I moved way too slowly and he caught my fist before it was even half-way.

“Tch, calm down tiger. It’s my way to see if you’re keeping up with the deal” Yuki said “and the way I see it, you didn’t keep up with it…”

“No! I did keep it, it’s only that---“

He laughed. “Ok, I’ll let this one slip by, but just so you know, I’m doing this to torture HIM mainly… and to torture you a bit in the process…”

“You’re making my life miserable, you ass!” I shouted.

He then started crushing my fist that was still in his hand. I grumbled a bit from the pain.

“Now, now… don’t talk to me like that, because I think we both know that I can make your life much more miserable than it already is.”

“Let.Go.Of.My.Hand.” I growled.

“Why should I?” he asked smirking.

“Please”

He released my hand and I immediately pulled it back.

“Now, be nice and I’ll be nice, ok? Good… now, back to the point: why did you do it?”

“I don’t know.”

“Hm… that wasn’t exactly what I was expecting…”

Silence.

“Should I play with you or not?” he asked me.

“I’d rather you’d not.”

“Let’s toy with you a bit: do you know how HE felt when you kissed him?”

“How?” I asked a bit too quickly. He got me, and he knew it… he smirked.

“I thought you didn’t want me to toy with you, yet, you’re asking about it.”

“Just tell me!”

“Maybe I will, maybe I won’t…”

I got up, annoyed.

“You know what? I’m leaving then.” I told him.

“Tch, you can’t stand anything. Besides, I think deep down, you know how he felt…”

“I don’t! That’s why I’m asking you!”

“He had already told you back at the Wave village, hadn’t he?”

“That he loved me? Yeah, right! He’s now going out with Sakura. It’s obvious that he was lying.”

“Was he?”

He’s right: was he?

No! I can’t let him toy with my head!

“I’m sure of it, Yuki.”

“I thought you didn’t know!”

“Argh! I’m leaving! You’re so exasperating!” and with that, I turned around and left. Yup, he did not even try to stop me.

I started walking towards Sasuke’s house…

Did I really know how did Sasuke feel when he kissed me?

What had <I> felt when I kissed him?

I sighed and continued walking, then I stopped by the river.

I sat down at the edge, and looked at the water: I wasn’t even pretty, why had he kissed me?

“I’m so stupid” I said to myself while closing my eyes.

“No you’re not.”

I turned around and saw Sasuke.

“What are you doing here?” I asked him.

“I was looking for you ever since you left the house… I guess I had to find you someday.” He sat down next to me. He actually looked relieved to find me. Was he concerned earlier?

“Have you been following me?”

“I even saw your training…” Had he heard what I talked with Yuki? “Actually, I think I have some doubts about that…”

“What do you mean doubts?” I asked a little too nervous.

“Well… maybe I’m just…” He stopped for a while and thought about what he was going to say. “no, maybe it’s nothing.”

“If it’s bothering you, it can’t be nothing. Tell me.”

“I don’t even know why I’m asking you this but… are you still going out with him?” He obviously meant to say Yuki.

“Well… I …” Do you want to risk his life? Do you want to see if Yuki is willing to kill him? “I am, actually”

Silence. He got up. “I see…”

I got up too. “Where are you-“

“I’ll see you home.” And then with a poof, he left.

Had I said something? Did it really hurt him to know that I was still dating Yuki?

Maybe he was just thinking I was a skank for kissing him while dating someone else.

Maybe he really did love me after all.

I was about to run home and explain everything… well, I really couldn’t do it. Yuki would know.

“Hey, bitch!”

Oh, great. Just what I needed.

I turned around and saw her. The girlfriend of the guy I had kissed last night: Sakura.

“What did you call me?” I said while glaring.

“You heard it. Don’t you think I don’t know what you forced Sasu-chan to do last night.”

GOD. I bet at least half Konoha knew about this already.

“Oh yeah? “ I said “Well, what did I supposedly force him to do, uh?”

“You kissed him!” She said. I could see she was having a hard time not punching me in the face. “You obviously lured him into kissing you! He would never cheat on me, especially not with you!”

“Well, sweetheart, I’ve got some news for you: he cheated on you with me, and he enjoyed it. Deal with it.”

I just let hell loose.

But since this is Sakura we’re talking about, she couldn’t think of a better thing to do than to call me names, and then… pushing me into the river.

Now, guess who doesn’t know how to swim? That’s right: me.

I tried keeping myself on the surface, and I tried breathing, but all I could see was water everywhere.

I remember that after a while, I was able to reach the edge of the river again, I felt a foot step on my hand; I looked up and since I couldn’t see clearly, I just saw blond hair and purple clothes. Ino? I was saved!

Or so I thought.

Suddenly the foot stepped more on my hand, and I had to let go of the edge. Whoever it was, that person sure wanted me dead.

That’s when I reached the conclusion that it couldn’t be Ino… could it?

I closed my eyes and stopped struggling.

If I was to die, I would die.

If destiny wanted me alive, I would live.

And that’s how I gave up a bit in life.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry for being gone for soooo long! ): i know i always say this, but this time, i really mean it.
I hope you like this... i really do!
With so much drama going on in my life, i kind of feel related to Umi in the last part...
I hope i'll be able to post another chapter soon... :) Toodles!