Such a Paradox

A Second Chance To Make A First Impression

"Craig, wake the fuck up!"

I groaned as the curtain to my bunk was pulled back abruptly. I rubbed at my crusty eyes and clutched my head. Worst hangover ever. I squinted at Jason and mumbled disjointedly at him. He laughed, "I have no clue what you just said but you obviously drank way too much last night. Get up anyway."

I turned so my back was facing him and growled, "No."

He snapped my boxers and pulled on my shoulder, trying to move me out of bed. "Come on, buddy. I have someone I want you to meet, the friend I told you was going to stay with us for a while. Remember Craig? Remember, remember, remember!?" He bounced. I turned my head back towards him and glared. He obviously didn’t drink a lot last night.

"Yeah, why is she here so early?" I grumbled. Jason laughed and put his phone in my face. My eyes crossed and I pushed the phone back a few inches so I could actually read it, "Oh, damn never mind, it's already two thirty." I rubbed my forehead, "Wait, aren’t we playing The Roxy tonight? At like, six?"

"Yeah, so get the fuck out of bed and brush your teeth- please, mister alcohol morning breath man- take a shower and come meet Camz." Jason pleaded, pulling me off my top bunk. I agreed and walked into the little bathroom cubicle we had. I took off my clothes and stepped into the hot shower, thinking about what happened last night. A lot of it was blurry or completely forgotten but I remembered having sex in a bathroom. Ironically, I could remember the girls face but not her name. It was usually the opposite for me. I brushed my teeth while in the shower, I kind of won at multi-tasking.

I put on a pair of white jeans and a grey v-neck sweater on top of a Dr. Dre t-shirt. I walked out of the bathroom with wet hair and bare feet and into the main bus compartment. Derrick was talking to a girl with long blonde hair. The girl's back was to me but Jason turned her around, happily stating that "This is Craig!"

I stopped in my tracks as I saw her face. Big green eyes, full lips, a straight nose, and long dirty blonde wavy hair with bangs. Oh shit, this was the girl I had sex with last night at The Roxy. "Oh, um, wow, hi." I stuttered out. She looked just as shocked as I did; her lips parted into a little 'o' shape. Jason looked noticeably confused.

"Um, Craig this is Cameron," I nodded and she put a hand to her mouth. "Hold up a second, why do you both look so weird? Do you know each other?" Jason asked, walking towards me, away from Cameron. I half nodded, half shrugged and she let out a little sigh. "Tell me now." Jason said, looking at me dead in the eyes.

I started talking before she could, "We met at The Roxy last night. I uh, danced with her." Cameron nodded in agreement, her green eyes not straying from my face. I was scared she was going to faint. Jason looked more confused than before.

"Wait, but you don't ever dance, Craig. Oh. Oh shit! That kind of danci- eww, sick, Camz and Craig, really? Damn." Jason said, thinking too fast for his mouth. Derrick, Pat, Matt, and Brad all looked from me to Cameron to Jason trying to figure everything out.

Cameron shrugged, "It wasn’t a big deal at all, right Cr- its Craig, right?"

"Craig, yeah, and nah, it wasn’t a big deal. Nope, not- yeah not a big deal at all," I answered nervously. It was the truth though, I didn’t know a thing about this girl and I wasn’t ever expecting to see her again. The fact that I was going to be living with her for a while was going to complicate the whole 'one night stand' thing a bit, but I could live with it. Nothing was going to be awkward at all. Yeah, right, says the awkward, six foot tall, blonde singer from Michigan.

Not at all.
♠ ♠ ♠
comment + subscribe PLEASE