It Just Doesn't Make Any Sense

The Truth

“So…we’re done?” My voice quivered as I tried to sound strong. The wind passed through my hair, stalling my tears from falling. The night sky covered us, only being able to see the slight glow from out pale skin.

“Yea.” He nodded his head giving me his disappointing answer.

“But…why?” I asked, my eyes blurring with water.

“Because Frank, I can’t take it anymore.”

I started to get angry, rage was building up, and I could feel it burning all over. “Take what anymore?! What the fuck are you talking about?”

“You’re too perfect Frank…” He hung his head down and slowly shook it. I let my eyebrows narrow, my fists clench.

“Too perfect?” I whispered.

“They way you’d kiss me out of nowhere, brush the hair out of my face, always let me win the fight, the way you slept in my arms…” He explained.

“And that’s all bad?!” I threw my arms up in anger, disbelief.

“I don’t deserve you Frank.”

“Why?”

“I just don’t okay?!”

“Some elaboration could help me with this. I’m not a walking genius you know.” The crickets seemed to have gotten louder as my frustration grew.

“Look, I just really can’t stand being with someone whom is so right, and so perfect; like you. Because you have no idea what goes on straight in front of you and you don’t even know. And for me to just sit and pretend everything is okay; it’s just wrong.” I didn’t get his bland explanation one bit. The words fit but the understanding of it just lingered in his mouth and I couldn’t interpret it.

“Oh my god, Bob, just fucking say it already!” My voice echoed into the night, making my heart beat faster, I hadn’t realized how loud I’d been talking.

“Frank…” He sniffed, indicating he was going to start crying. “There’s this girl, her names Nataly. Remember her? The one who was at the movies three days ago…?”

Bob twisted his hands nervously. “Keep going.” I said with an irate tone.

“I’m cheating on you Frank. I have been for the past three months. I’m sorry.”

“Keep your fucking sorry.” I shoved him hard and stormed away.

“Frank wait!” I heard him yell.

“I don’t need your fucking apologies!” My pace got quicker, yet I was still walking. I loved him. My walk turned into a run, my run turning into a meander; I dropped to my knees, hearing a gunshot. Or something of the sort. But it wasn’t a gun, it was my heart, all the pain, memories, smiles, everything. I loved him. He was my first everything, lovewise. My first meaningful kiss, my first intimate moment, my first savior, and now, my first murderer.

Everything turned to a blacker black than the night, and I collapsed to the softly dewed ground, my head unconsciously resting on the Earth beneath me.
♠ ♠ ♠
A very short one shot. I wrote this at the beginning of this year I believe, so i'ts not very new. I apologize if it sucks. And just to clear things up, NO, Bob does not shoot Frank. It's meant to be take metaphorically.

please comment :]
--Steph