Sequel: Come Back To Me

Almost Easy

The Talk

Hollis and Brian walked slowly into Zacky's hospital room. As they stood in the doorway they looked at him, dressed in a normal light blue hospital robes lying on the bed with an IV in his arm, along with a bag of dark red blood, slowly flowing into him. He was as pale as the sheets he was lying on, making his hair look blacker and making his green eyes twice as green. He moved his head to the side slowly when he heard them come in and he gave a weak smile.

"Hey" He croaked out and they both rushed to his bed side.

Brian knelt down beside the bed and Hollis sitting down on the chair that was placed at his bedside.

"Don't ever do that to us again" Brian semi-scolded. "We're were scared to death Zacky."

"We thought we were going to lose you. That's the last thing we wanted to happen." Hollis said, reinforcing Brian's words.

"I...I thought that...it would be easier for you two without me..." He said, his voice weak and soft.

"Don't you ever think that" Brian said, "Why would that thought even cross your mind? Don't you know how much Hollis and I care about you?"

"But...you said that I cause you problems..."

"Zacky, I didn't know what I was saying. I was just angry. I didn't mean it. I didn't mean it at all."

"Zacky, there's nothing you could do to make either of us not want you in our lives." Hollis said, walking to the other side of his bed and taking his hand in her own. "Do you see this right here?" She asked, pointing to the bag of blood that was slowly was flowing into him.

He nodded.

"That's from me" She said with a smile.

His eyes widened, obviously they had not told him that. "You...did?"

She nodded again, "That's how much I care about you. And I would have given more if I had to."

"And if I had been a match I would have given to you in a heartbeat." Brian added. "So don't think either of us would ever want you out of our lives. No matter what."

"...Thank you. Both of you."

They both nodded and gave his hands a squeeze.

"You need to go to sleep now Zacky, we'll be back to bring you home tomorrow morning" Hollis said warmly and Brian nodded, patting him lightly on the shoulder.

"Get some rest man. We'll see you tomorrow."

They got to the door before they heard Zacky's weak voice calling back to them.

"Guys?"

They both turned around.

"You...you should be together. Don't worry about me. You're...meant for each other." He croaked.

"But Zacky..."

"Brian, just listen to me. Hollis is my doctor and there couldn't be anything between us. You can't lose because of me. You should be together."

Neither of them had a chance to react to this before Zacky slowly fell asleep almost mid sentence. They looked at each other and then back to the sleeping Zacky.

"What...what should we do?" Hollis asked.

"Go get dressed and get some food" He replied with a smile.
♠ ♠ ♠
Just a little bit shorter than usual, I'm sorry about that!
I still only have three stars...I don't really know what the deal is with stars cause I've seen stories with like 6 stars and only 8 comments...which I don't get but whatever.
19 subscribers and 39 comments blows my mind!
Keep it up guys!
Hope you enjoyed it!