Contradicting the Truth

The fright of her life

Waking up, Lianne realised she was still in the park, and it was still dark, very dark. She looked at her watch shrieking. It was two minutes past twelve, without knowing, Lianne muttered a few words of fear. And by the looks on her face, she was scared. A hundred different thoughts blared out at once. I mean you don’t expect a fourteen year old in the park, at night, alone, with no phone! Lianne got up terrified, she didn’t want to go home. Just thinking of going home frightened her. She looked in her bag, a twenty pound note, an oyster card, and her i-pod will have to keep her alive, and maybe she’d think about going home in the morning, pretending she was asleep at her uncle’s house.
She closed her favourite shoulder bag, and set off, not knowing where her feet would lead her. She walked towards the parks’ exit, and spotted a group of people ahead. She’d have to walk right past them. But because of fright, she turned back; she had heard lots of little stories about ‘groups of people’. But it was too late, the people spotted her, and they were making their way towards her, Lianne stood there without moving, she was terrified.
‘What’s you’re name, lil girl,’ laughed the man with the two wine bottles in his hand. The rest of the group snickered.
‘Eerm, Lia.’ She replied in such a tone, anyone would have known she was frightened out of her pants.
‘So you’re frightened, don’t worry, we won’t hurt you, we love people like you, aint that true people?’ said the same man, making the crowd laughed again, but loader this time, and with more passion.
‘I think I have to go, I’ve got to get home and erm… well, finish my homework.’ wailed Lianne.
‘We have a good one here, so, your going to be a doctor in the future, well, one thing you should know is that we hate doctors, and another is that you might have no future, not when you’re with us.’ And this time the people laughed so hard you might think it was the funniest joke in the world.
‘Anyway, girl, your coming home with us to have a cup of coffee, it will warm you up a bit, especially on a day like this.’ sneered the man that did all the talking, and then he suddenly grabbed one of his wine bottles, and smashed it on the floor making Lianne jump. Lianne was so horrified she’d rather have been dead, than suffer all this, and then suddenly she had a plan, and she felt overwhelmed, she gathered up all her courage.
‘Excuse me sir, can I have a bit of that drink you have in your hand, you see im very thirsty.’ she said using all her strength.
‘Well, Of course. Sure, why not, we’ll rather have you drunk.’ he said handing her the bottle and laughing some more. Seriously, you’d think this was a comedy show, but it seemed like a nightmare to Lianne.
‘Thanks.’ she said gleefully.
All of a sudden, Lianne threw her bottle at the crowd, and ran for it, going as fast as her legs could take her. Lianne could hear the people’s reactions, and it seemed like they were furious.
‘She’s hurt me, GET HER!’ she heard someone scream.
But she didn’t give up, she ran out of the park, and into the streets, surprisingly, there was no one there, and therefore she couldn’t get any help, her plan had failed. But she still ran without stopping, she looked behind her. She could still make out the figures of the people she had seen running towards her.
Light was emerging out of the blackness in the streets, she could make out a big vehicle coming, it was a bus she looked ahead, she could make out the shape of a bus stop ahead, but she’d have to keep running to catch the bus.
And that was what she did. The N7 was coming, but she hadn’t got to the bus stop yet, and the bus had, but running, the driver knew someone was trying to catch the bus, he waited some time he hadn’t shut the doors until Lianne was on the bus. Lianne was saved.
She took a deep breath and said to the driver ‘there’s drunk people following me, they were about to take me, but then I ran, and thanks, you saved my life.’ She cried.
‘That’s my job, don’t worry girl, where did this happen.’ questioned the driver.
‘In the park.’ uttered Lianne.
‘Do you have a clue where they are now?’ asked the driver.
‘Well yes, they gave up running two minutes ago, I guess they are about a five minutes walk from here.’ She described.
‘Ok, I’ll phone the police, your safe now girl, do you know where you’re going?’ asked the driver.
‘Yes, sure,’ lied Lianne, ‘yes, I always…eerm…go home from…errmm…my friends…but today…we…errm…watched a movie and you know time flies.’ lied Lianne again.
‘Very well, don’t worry, get on the bus, and you’ll be safe.’ the driver was calming and it’s exactly what Lianne needed.
‘Thank you.’ She managed to say.
♠ ♠ ♠
very very straight to the point...right
still only 1 suscriber and 2 comments!!
i will go nutsss.... :S