My Beautiful Rescue

Chapter Eighteen

Billie’s P.O.V

“Billie, you and Mike live in the same house, how can I be early and Mike be late?” Tre and I have now been sitting in my living room waiting for Mike to turn up for the past hour. And Tre had a good point. Where the hell is he?

“You think he’s with a girl?” Tre’s eyebrows did a little dance and I threw a guitar pick at him. “He better not be. If I can’t be with Alice at the moment he can’t be with a girl.” I didn’t bring Alice to band practice just for the fact that I would get distracted and Tre would try and hit on her or something. She seemed slightly scared of Tre. Understandable though.

“He better turn up soon anyway.” Tre stood up and went towards his drum kit and started to play a beat. The beat varied now and again, Tre only hitting the drums lightly not putting so much effort into it. I slowly started messing about with some chords and a rhythm to match Tre’s drumming. Tre’s lips curved into a smile as he carried on with the same beat. After a while I started to play the same riff with the same rhythm. Tre and I carried on with the same rhythm for a while and I came up with some quick lyrics in my head.

”Hey old man in woman’s shoes, I wonder if he knows I think he’s crazy, when he was young did he have dreams of….”

My singing came to a halt.

“Sorry I’m late guys!” Mike stumbled in through the door with a nosebleed. Oh Jesus. I put my guitar down on the sofa and went up to Mike. I led him to a chair and he seemed okay just for the nose bleeding.

“Mike what the hell happened?” Tre got off of his drums and sat on the floor opposite Mike.

“Some dick started on me from school. That weirdo hockey player …Rod or someone? Anyway yeah. He thought I looked particularly similar to a boxing punch bag.” I led Mike’s fingers to his nose and me him lean his head back. “That guy is a weirdo” Tre nodded in agreement. “He plays hockey for heaven’s sake. That’s suicide.” Mike laughed and leant his head back down.

I sat on the arm of Mike’s chair and the guy’s name ran around in my head. “Wasn’t that the guy that hit Rob on his first day in school?”

Mike turned his head around slightly and nodded a little. “Rings a bell.”

“We should throw condom water bombs at him!” Tre exclaimed jumping up and down on the spot. I shook my head and turned my attention back to Mike. “You want to sit this out for a bit?”

“No! Come on then, I’m already late.” Tre sat up excited and I shook my head. “Mike you sure…” Mike gave me a stern look. I swear he’s copied that from my mom. “Mike…stop doing that.”

“Why?”

“I’ll have to start buying you flowers on Mother’s Day soon.” Mike laughed and wiped the rest of the blood off his face with the sleeve of his shirt.

We showed Mike what he had already come up with. We changed a couple of things around and I sat down for a while just writing some lyrics down and practicing them with the music and changing the melody slightly. For some reason, today was okay for writing music.

“It seems so frightening, time passes by like lightening, before you know it you’re struck down, I always waste my time on my chemical emotions, it keeps my head spinning around.”

We all ended the song on a high. A new song in the bag!

“Think this song could be good enough to play at our next gig?” Mike asked rubbing his nose slightly.

I nodded my head and sat down on the sofa. “Mike you want like a bag of peas to put on your nose or something?” Mike laughed and shook his head. Well mom can’t shout at me for trying to help.

“Will you guys be safe at school now?” Tre asked in a motherly voice. I threw another guitar pick at him. “Hey!! Second time today! No fair!” Tre threw his drumstick at me but he missed terribly and it went through the door.

“Aw!” We all stopped laughing and turned around.

Alice came through the door holding the drumstick rubbing her head slightly.

“Ah Alice I am so sorry!” Tre ran up to her and took the drumstick from her hand. Alice smiled at Tre and didn’t say anything. Tre looked at us scared for a while and then looked back at Alice. “I am really sorry, I was aiming at Billie because…he started it!” He pointed at me as if he was some four-year-old child. I stood and went to up to stand next to Tre. “Alice…”

Alice jumped onto Tre and hugged him half to death laughing. “Tre you can throw all the drumsticks on the world towards me and I will still love you!” Tre caught her and gave me a weird glance. “Erm Alice, your boyfriend is over –“

“I got into the art college! I can love who ever I want! That includes you Tre!”

Mike laughed and Alice looked over towards him. “And you Mike!”

Alice jumped off of Tre and tackled me to the ground. I landed on my back but the pain I felt soon faded when Alice frantically kissed me everywhere. “Thanks…to…you…You…are…amazing.” She said this between every kiss.

Mike picked Alice up off of me and twirled her around the room. “Well done Alice!” Alice squealed and started to laugh once more. So much for being scared of my friends. Tre laughed and started dancing around Alice by waving his drumsticks in the air.

“So does this mean I’m forgiven now.” Alice laughed and nodded. “Why not!” I laughed and wrapped my arms around her.

“Well done Alice.” I gave her a small kiss but Alice pulled me back for a longer one.

“We’re now leaving!” Mike announced. “No Mike can we…”

“Tre follow!” Mike grabbed Tre’s sleeve and took him out of the room.

Alice pushed me down onto the couch and straddled my waist. She kissed me so deeply I was sure I was going to pass out from no air. I flipped us around which gave me time to grab some air into my lungs. Alice smiled up at me. I laughed and kissed her nose.

“Thanks so much Billie.”

“Your welcome.”