City Lights

End

The air was chilly, the sound of engines filled the area. People rushed around, dragging suitcases behind them, some checking the time, others running to catch their train. Magda was seated in the centre of all this bustle. She was seated on an ice cold metal bench, awaiting the arrival of Oli.

The board above her told her that the train was on time and that it would be arriving in a few minutes at platform 2C. Her leg was bouncing up and down uncontrollably. It was a nervous habit that had started when she'd had to sit her GCSE exams two years ago.

She folded her arms and unfolded her arms. Crossed her legs and uncrossed them, opting to stretch them out in front of her, toes pointing to the sky. A loud beep rung throughout the station and a train emerged from the dark depths of the tunnel. The word 'Sheffield' was printed on the front in yellow letters.

Magda's throat tightened, her chest ached. Her lips burned, longing to be attached to Oli's. She shivered, wanting to be wrapped up in his arms. Any kind of contact would be much appreciated. She stayed still, watching as the train came to a halt and the doors opened, allowing the variety of passengers to spill out on the platform.

Oli's eyelids were heavy as he stepped off the train and onto the concrete of the platform. He looked around sleepily, trying to locate Magda. He shrugged upon finding that he couldn't see her and pulled his phone from his pocket, quickly stabbing at the buttons, sending her a text. It might be useless. For all he knew, Magda may have gotten rid of her phone so he was wasting his time.

Although he thought those negative things, a flicker of hope was still alight inside him. It made him believe that Magda still loved him and that she'd be home soon.

Magda's phone buzzed inside her pocket and she pulled it out, accessing the message from Oli. She sighed heavily to herself, glaring at the pixels that made up the screen that the words were displayed upon.

Going home, babe.
I can't wait forever.
Sorry and I love you.


She jumped to her feet and ran, pushing past innocent people in the way, running up the stairs and across the bridge, until she was in the station's foyer. She looked around, surrounded by different faces, none of which she recognised. Letting out an annoyed sigh, she ran through the automatic doors and out into the cool summer night.

Magda's legs were carrying her towards the bus stop. There was a single dark figure standing in the shadows and she knew it was him. "Oli!" She screamed, desperately wanting to be in his presence. It was only now Magda was realising just how much she'd missed him.

It wasn't long before she'd collided with the figure waiting for a bus. Luckily for her, and to spare her humiliation, it was Oli. He looked exhausted, but he smiled at her. "Magda, I - "

"I'm sorry I left without saying anything to you. I'm sorry you had a wasted trip to London to get me and I'm just sorry, and I love you," she said, softly, a tear escaped her eye, which she wiped away quickly, hoping he had noticed.

"It's okay. I understand. Aimee told me," he stopped, taking a deep breath. "She's changed."

Magda looked up at him, a small smile breaking out across her face. "We're hopeless aren't we?"

He grinned. "We're hopeless together, that's the main thing," he slipped his arms around her. "You do still want me, right?"

"Of course I do, I just told you I love you, silly."

"Magda, just promise me one thing. Don't go anywhere without saying goodbye at least, ever again."

"Don't worry, I'm not going anywhere anytime soon. You're stuck with me, Oli."

"Good," he pulled away from her slightly, pressing his lips to hers. "I love you."

Magda smiled, about to open her mouth to say it back when she spotted a bus heading towards them. The number stood out in the sight and she squeal, grabbing Oli's hand and sticking her arm out to make it stop.

The pair stepped onto the bus and paid, taking a seat at the back. Magda cuddled close to Oli, smiling to herself. They were together, never to be separated. She leaned forward and breathed on the window, clouding up the glass. She used her finger to draw the letters 'M' and 'O' with a heart in the middle. Oli glanced at her work of art and smiled to himself.

This was the perfect ending.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thank you for reading and shizz. :)