Jaded by Bright Colors and Faded Walls

let the show begin

Jade played with the ends of her hair as she stood on the stage waiting for the guy to tell her to sound check. She sighed lightly as she walked in a circle a bit unsure of what to do till then, they guys were all just standing around as well.

“We love you.” Jade stopped looking down at Jack and Alex leaning against the metal barrier a foot from the stage. Giggling she waved at them as they stared up at her. She went back to walking in a circle.

“Vocals.” Jade spun and walked up to her microphone and began signing Dear Maria into it. The guys snorted with laughter as they watched Jack and Alex’s mouths drop out in pure amazement.

“Left vocals.” Jade stepped back as Jake stepped up.

“Yes, she like All Time Low, don’t look so surprised.” He stated down to the two watching them as Zack and Rian burst into laughter in the shadowed back at the thought. “Close your mouths, come on you can do it.” There was thud in the back.

“Oh my god, man down, man down.” Zack laughed as Rian lay on the floor. Jade giggled, her hands slapping over he mouth as she hunched over lightly. Alex and Jack snapped their mouth shut as they stared up at Jade.

“Right vocals.” Aaron stepped up to the microphone and sang a few notes before stepping back. He didn’t like doing sound check simply for the reason, he wasn’t much of a front man only a back-up and that’s how he liked it. “Right guitar.” Jade went back to walking in circles as they sounded checked everything else on stage. “All together.” They began playing apart of That’s What You Get. “Good.” The man stated.

Jade wandered off the stage with the others. Instantly she rushed to Jack and Alex, poking them both in the stomach before skipping to the back. She stood over Rian laying on the floor.

“are you dying?” She asked in totally seriousness as he choked on his breathing. Zack snorted back more laughter. “I think he’s dying.” She gasped being over dramatic as she put her hands on the sides of her face, staring down at him with large green eyes.

“He’s not dying.” Abby laughed and rolling her eyes.

“Okay, good, it’d be horrible is he did.” She stated nodding her head as the others wandered over. “Rawr!” She yelled turning to the two behind her before she giggled at their stunned faces. “You’re so cute!” She gasped up at them and their shocked faces. Both squealed and pulled her into a tight hug.

“She called us cute!” Alex gasped.

“Woo us!” Jack gasped back as they pulled back from the hug and high fived.

“You’re strange.” She giggled lightly looking up at them.

“Look who’s talking.” Alex teased.

“That’s a lot of people.” Jade whispered softly as she stood on the side of the stage staring out at all the people pressed in behind the metal barrier keeping them form the stage.

“Yup.” The guys all mused lightly nodding. “Think you can do it?” She nodded lightly.

“What’d I care what they think?” She giggled lightly. It was true, they’d either like her or they wouldn’t but she couldn’t help pick for them she could only be her self and let that be apart of their decision.

Frowning she watched as more people came in, her eyes instantly darted to the clock. She wasn’t going to be able to stay to see All Time Low play, or anyone else after them. It was a bit disappointing that she couldn’t see a band she liked a lot but she wasn’t going to tell them why she couldn’t, she wasn’t sure she trusted them with that just yet. Sure they were nice, awesome and completely and utterly cute, but still… they could accidently let it out and Victoria could find out. That’d be bad.

“Now, who’s ready for the first band?” Rang out threw the venue, several kids screamed. “They’re local.” They stated as Jade shrugged out of her Jacket and gave it to Abby as the lights went down. The others walked out. “Do you know who I’m talking about?” Jade walked out and stood up on the small box on the front of the stage to make her self taller. She took the microphone in her hand and gripped the stand with the other hand to keep her balanced. “Six Feet High!” The people screamed and the lights came on as the guys began playing and Jade began singing.

She jumped back off the box and folded at the waist as her lips formed the words. She smiled at the group of kids in front of her, a few singing along with her. She moved around the stage, the hot stage lights glaring down on her as they others moved around as well. She stood on the left side of the stage and leaned out to the crowd as the kids reached for her. She stepped back and moved to the other side doing the same.

The crowd watched as she moved around more than they’d seen form any other band, she didn’t stand still for one single seconds. She danced, jumped, bounced, skipped and ran around the stage, her lips forming the words as her voice carried out of the amps with the other instruments. No one seemed to stand still, Jake and Doug were constantly moved around the stage and jumping around, Aaron teased the girls in front of him with a small twisting on his behind his guitar and he jumped in place, though he didn’t move much from his spot on stage and Dan, well, Dan was stuck behind his drum set every limb moving as he played. They all played their hearts out and it showed in their stage performance.

“So…” Jade giggled as the crowd screamed, she leaned on Jake as she stood on the kick drum. Giggling she hid her face into the crook of his neck. “You guys are crazy.” She giggled into her microphone. “But sadly…” She sighed frowning at them. “This is our last song, and then I gotta go.” She stated looking over at Abby who nodded.

The crowd awed.

“I got stuff to do, and I’m already kinda late.” She giggled at them. “So this is out last song.” She stated as they went into the song. The second it was over she waved and moved off stage. “Ready.” She stated up at Abby as the guys of All Time Low frowned at her. “I’m sorry.” She muttered softly. “I’ve got stuff to do.” She whispered. “Like major important stuff!” She gasped throwing her arms up as they all nodded.

“Can we get pictures?” Alex asked holding up a camera. Giggling she nodded. “Sweet.” Jade took pictures with each one of the guys and as a group. “Thanks.” Alex stated. She nodded waving at them.

“Let’s go.” Abby stated as they moved outside, handing their passes back to the guys at the venue as they left.

“I’ve gotta go.” Jade stated as several kids followed trying to talk to her. “I’ve seriously gotta go.” She stated they nodded. “but don’t worry we’ll play another show real soon!” She stated as she slid into the back of Alicia’s car with Abby. Alicia backed out and drove them back to the store. Albert looked back at them from the passenger seat and smiled.

“You’re popular little lady.” He teased as she nodded her head. “How are you going to explain why she’s all sweaty?” He asked. Abby rose a brow.

“Have you never met her?” Albert laughed and nodded. “It won’t be hard.” He nodded as Alicia drove quickly. “Thank-you for doing this for her.” She added softly as they pulled up at the store.

“No problem, anything for my little Tinker-bell.” Jade giggled at the nickname, it was original to her and you loved it.

“She more like a Stinker-bell. She’s such a handful.” Abby grumbled as the all got out.

“Then that’s what I’ll call her.” Albert laughed as Abby and Jade rushed in and got changed. “Bye Stinker-bell.” He laughed as Alicia pulled away from the curb. Abby took hold of Jade’s wrist and pulled her down the street to the last pastel selling clothing shop on the block.

“Back I see.” The man laughed as the entered. “Looks like you’ve had quite the struggle.” He added noting Jade’s slightly sweaty form.

“That and she decided she wanted to play in the show.” Abby grumbled as Jade giggled at the thought of playing in the snow, it seemed like a nice way to cool off. “The regular since I know she won’t find anything she’ll actually wear.” Abby huffed as Jade frowned at her.

“I don’t want the jacket!” Jade huffed crossing her arms over her chest as she glared at the ground. “It’s ugly, and itchy, and I hate it.” She nodded lightly as the man went and got the jacket from the hanger and rang it up. Abby paid and they left, she forced Jade into it and pulled her back toward the asylum.

“Look you’re so warm your sweating.” Victoria laughed as they entered.

“Actually she decided to play in the snow before hand.” Abby sighed as Jade took the jacket off and threw it on the ground before running off to her room and hiding in it. She wanted to see All Time Low play, it wasn’t fair that she couldn’t and the others could.