Jaded by Bright Colors and Faded Walls

Mr. Alex?

Jade kicked her feet up on the table and picked at the whole in her jeans. She could hear All Time Low sound checking on the other side of the venue. She didn’t look up though, she wasn’t sure why she didn’t, but she just didn’t. She could say she was preparing herself to only see them on stage as they actually played their set later in the night. But almost everyone would argue that she was too busy making the whole in her jeans bigger to even really notice anyone was sound checking.

“Here.” A small silver object dropped into Jade’s lap. Her hands stopped and lifted the small device to her face. She blinked at the square, silver object. She rolled it in her hands a bit confused. “It’s a cell phone, keep it.”

“I know what a phone is.” Jade mused as she looked up at Doug standing on the other side of the merch table from her.

“Well it’s a portable one. It goes anywhere you go and works for the most part.” He stated she nodded. “I’ve put us in there already.” Jade gasped as the top of the device flipped up revealing the slick smooth keys, their numbers etched into them. “Green button to call after you’ve already dialed or selected the number you want, then red is to hand up or turn the phone off.” He stated with a small shrug. She nodded letting her eyes scan the keys more before they wandered up to the glowing screen. A small rubber duck was on her screen. She giggled at the sight. “So,” Doug climbed over the merch table.

“Hey I just set that up.” Albert huffed at the sight, his arms crossed tightly over his chest.

“See this button that says menu?” Jade nodded at he pointed at it. He pushed it and several options came up. “Everyone’s numbers are in phonebook.” He stated using the button to scroll; up or down before clicking on it. “So you’ve got, me, Albert,” he hissed up at Albert as the man tried to fix the t-shirt tapped to the plastic prop up table. “Jake, Dan, Aaron, Alicia, Oliver, you’ve got Abby’s home phone so you can call and talk to her,” Jade squealed with excitement at the thought of still talking with Abby. “You’ve also got Jack, Alex, Rian and Zack because they insisted I do so.” He stated

“You put all your last names in too.” She giggled seeing them. Doug nodded.

“Just in case you met any other Doug’s or Alex’s, ya know.” He shrugged. Jade nodded as she closed out of the phonebook and menu. Another giggle escaped her lips as she looked at the yellow rubber ducky.

“Get your dirty, nasty feet off my table.” Albert snapped pushing Jade’s feet of the table. “That is seriously gross, wear shoes and wash your damn feet.” He huffed as he brushed invisible dirt of the poster that had been under Jade’s feet.

“Shoes are weird.” She gasped dramatically.

“You’re weird.” She looked up at Jack walking over and sitting in her lap. “But I love you anyway.” Giggling she hugged him tightly.

“I love you too!” She chirped up at him. Alex frowned in the background as Jack gave Jade a tight squeeze. “You’re hurting my legs.” She laughed lightly. Jack gasped getting up.

“I forgot you’re tiny.” He muttered softly as he hung his head ashamed.

“Is okay, you didn’t mean to.” She stated swatting at him lightly. He nodded with a laugh as well. She turned her head to quickly her hair fluttered and her neck cracked slightly. “And where is my hug Mr. Alex?” She snapped at him playfully, hands on her hips.

Squealing Alex jumped over the table and scooped her up in hug, lifting her out of her chair. Jade giggled and wrapped her arms around his neck. He set her down just as quickly as he’d scooped her up.

“So are you staying to watch the show tonight or are you bailing like a couple weeks ago?” Rian asked. Jade giggled.

“Here to stay. You’re never getting rid of me now.” She stated as her knees pulled up to her chest her feet resting on the bottom of the chair, her hands up in the back of her hair while she giggled at them.

“She’s so adorable!” Jack and Alex squealed as they clung to each other. Zack looked over at the two and took a step away with a raised, confused and slightly disgusted, brow.

“Okay, chill out.” Zack stated waving his hands at them to calm down.

“Never!” Jack declared. “I’m had a Redbull.” He stated. Alex nodded.

“I watched him drink it.” Zack and Rian groaned, hands slapping over their faces in annoyance. “I also saw his penis, I think it shrank.” Alex added as an after thought. “Just like his brain.” Jack frowned.

“I’m very smart, thank you.” He snapped, slapping Alex up side the head. Jade watched the two, highly amused by their stupid antics. She couldn’t believe she was going on tour with them. Right now it was All Time Low, her band Six feet High, Hit The Lights and Cute Is What We Aim For. Jade hadn’t met Hit The Lights or Cute Is What We Aim For yet, but she was planning on it.

“So how longs this tour?” Jade asked with a smile. The guys looked at each other.

“Two weeks left in it, it was two months though.” Rian stated with small head bob. “But we’re also going to do what we call and tour jump.” He added. “In two weeks our band and your band will be jumping into a tour with Hey Monday and The Academy Is… while We The Kings and Carolina Liar jumped to this tour, in a sense with Hit The Lights and Cute Is What We Aim For.” He finished with a clap of his hands and a small head nod at everyone, to see if they understood the whole plan.

“Why us?” She questioned softly flipping her phone open and closed. It was keeping her entertained and the soft snapping it sound as it closed caused her to giggle for all of two seconds every time it did it.

“Because they picked you guys, hey,” Rian held his hands up as he sat up perfectly. “Straight we’re not complaining, before it was Hit The Light and Cute is What We Aim For going with them. Then you guys added to this bill and it changed.” He shrugged.

“Yup yup.” Alex stated with a small smile as everyone beamed at each other.

“Cool.” Jade giggled at the thought going from one tour straight into another, still spending nearly every night on stage.