Jaded by Bright Colors and Faded Walls

She's Jailbait.

“So…” Jade giggled as she leaned over the small cage in the back of the van, sticking her fingers through the bars at the small, ten month old, male, black and white kitten. She giggled as the small kitten nipped at her finger tips gently. “Now what?” She stated, all the widows in the van open as they sat in the parking lot of the last venue they played with Cute Is What We Aim For, Hit The Lights, and All Time Low all at the same time. “Shows over.” She stated staring at the glowing green, digital clock reading 2am in the very front of the van.

“Now we’ve got five days off to get from New York to California.” Oliver muttered as he took a picture of Jade playing with her kitten.

“And that means Alicia and Albert at in charge of the driving!” Jake declared a finger in the air. “Simply because, those two can sniff out the best and fastest way to get to LA better than anyone on the planet.”

“What’s LA?” Jade asked lightly.

“The most amazing city ever.” Alicia gasped dramatically.

“Oh.” Jade breathed, confused, that’s what they’d said about New York City. She didn’t under stand how two cities could be the best city ever if it wasn’t a plural. She shrugged none the less and gave up on the thought as she went back to playing with her cat. “Button.” She stated to the small cat, he looked up at her with big honey colored eyes. “Sit.” The cat sat down with out a problem. “Good boy.” She squealed.

“Why’d you name him button again?” Oliver asked as he watched her.

“Because he’s as cute as a button!” Jade stated in a ‘duh’ fashion. The bus roared to life as she gave Button a treat for doing the trick.

“You’re really good at teaching him.” Jade shrugged.

“Everyone can learn.” She giggled. “Oh my god! Guess what?!” She added throwing her arms up and she tossed her self over the seat in front of her. “We’re going on another tour!” She stated, the giddiness in her chest swelling into every nerve ending in her body.

“I know! With The Academy Is… and Hey Monday.” Jake and Doug gasped back leaning towards her.

“You and Alicia won’t be the only girls on tour anymore.” Jade paused at Dan’s words. “Hey Monday has a female singer too.” He added. Jade squealed.

“Yay!” She yelled throwing her arms up in the air as the breeze though the open windows tore at their hair and cloths. They left them open so the smell of Button wouldn’t suffocate them, the van wasn’t big enough to put a litter box in it for the little guy.

“Wow, I know it’s La and all.” Aaron mused from just behind the driver seat. All the tall buildings glared down at them. “But did you have to break all the speed limits to get here?” He asked lightly. It had taken Albert and Alicia all of three days to get them to LA, they’d even passed All Time Low the first night on the road.

“Yes.” Both of them stated as they peered around at all the buildings.

“We don’t have a place to stay though, not do we have the money to get one.” He added lightly. “So we’re going to have to sleep in the van in the parking lot, at a venue in the middle of LA.” He stated, seeing all the problems that could go wrong with this whole thing.

“So…?” Albert stated, not seeing the problem. “I mean we’ve got little miss Crazy back there. They try to take anything she’ll kill them, especially if we tell her they’re trying to take Button.” Aaron bobbed his head at that. Jade would attempt to kill anyone who tried to take Button from her.

“Still….” Aaron breathed. “Let’s stop at Denny’s.” He added seeing the large twirling yellow sign. Alicia saluted from the driver seat as Albert closed his window. Aaron got up and moved around the benches and everyone sleeping on them to close the windows. There was no way they were leaving the windows open in LA, that was just begging for someone to steal it.

“Whoa! Van with a trailer.” Sisky declared as he peered out the window. Everyone looked up from their food. “A really shitty van.” He added seeing all the dents, the dirt, the scraps and the cute little drawing on them.

“Why ‘re there flowers on the bottom of it?” Chizz asked lightly seeing the bubbly, extremely girly, and brightly colored flowers on the side of it.

“Because they’re awesome?” Butcher asked lightly as he stabbed a pancake viciously off Sisky’s plate and quickly moved it to his own with out Sisky noticing.

“Yeah.” Sisky stated still watching the van. “What Butcher said.” He added as they watched the van park.

“Do you think that’s the surprised Bill and Mike were talking about?” Tony’s head snapped up from his cell phone.

“They better not have bought a shitty van.” Tony growled watching the sliding door swing open and several people pile out. “Thank god, I was going to have to kill them if they did.” He stated sitting back down and going to his meal.

“Who’d you think they are?” Chizz asked, getting shrugs in response.

“Whoa!” Sisky gasped loudly, drawing the attention of all the tables around them. “Tiny ass girl.” He added as the small girl climbed out behind all the boys. Her head was near the middles of their torsos.

“With big bug eyes.” Butcher added with a snort as she looked up, her large emerald green eyes coming into view.

“She’s cute.” Chizz stated with a shrug.

“I agree.” Both Sisky and Butcher stated. Tony looked over and sighed.

“She’s jail bait being that small.” Tony mused lightly looking down at the,

“Kitty!” Sisky gasped making everyone look. He watched as the small girl lifted the tiny black and white kitten in her arms. “Aawww.” He stated seeing the sight. They were adorable together.

“She better not bring it in here.” Some lady snapped as she watched as well.

“Oh, be nice.” Sisky snapped. “She’ll bring it in if she wants.” He stated not wanting the kitten left out in the van with all the windows closed.

“If that’s not Bill and Mike then where the hell are they?” Chizz muttered bringing up a very good point.

“I deuced Bill is still sleeping.” Butcher muttered stealing a piece of Sisky’s toast. “And Mike is at his girlfriend’s house.”

“Hey! That’s mine you thief.” Sisky gasped.

“You’re not eating it.” Butcher muttered as he crammed it into his mouth.

“Not at the moment but I was going to… where’d my last pancake go?” Sisky stated as he lifted his fork, ready to devour the missing pancake. Everyone shrugged.

“did you eat it already?” Tony asked. Sisky scratched his head with a soft maybe. “I’ll call Bill and see what’s up.” He added leaving the table. “And touch my food, either one of you and I’ll break something. Got it?” All three of them nodded in response. “Good.” Tony smiled leaving them to their food.

“Please, he won’t get in the way I promise.” All three looked back towards the door at the small, cute, little voice. “He’s a good kitten.” The girl nodded. “Please? I can’t leave him in the van the windows don’t open.” She added.

“Wow, that is the best puppy dog face I’ve ever seen.” Butcher whispered seeing her mastered puppy dog face with her full lips and her big eyes going to work on the lady behind the counter.

“Fine.” The lady caved.

“Thank you.” The girl giggled up at her smiling.

“This way.” The lady sighed walking to the back tables near the guys.

“Did you have to teach her that?” The blonde man snapped at the man with black, green and blue hair.

“I didn’t teach her that, blame fashion thing one and fashion thing two. They’re teaching her the ways of the dark side.” The tri-colored haired boy stated nodding at the boy and blonde girl just behind them.

“She doesn’t need to be taught any of that. She’s pure evil in that tiny little form anyway. She just knows how to channel it, like when she almost made the venue owner shit himself two weeks ago?” Butcher and Sisky glanced at each other as the group passed them.

“Hi.” The blonde girl waved at them as she passed. All three of them waved back.

“Um wait!” Chizz stated quickly. She stopped and walked back. “Who, are they?” He asked. “Like band wise.” He stated, correcting himself.

“Six Feet High.” She stated. “I’m Alicia. Sadly I’m related to one of them.” He laughed as the guys smiled at her, not seeing the humor in it.

“So they have a ten year old singer?” Butcher asked looking back at the small brunette holding the cat.

“She’s eighteen actually.” Alicia laughed at their stunned faces. “She’s just really tiny and it doesn’t help that all the guys are over six foot three.”

“Holy crap they’re taller than Bill.” Sisky gasped.

“Yeah.” Alicia laughed. “But it was nice meeting you guys.” She added walking off to the table with the rest of them

“Should we introduce our selves?” Chizz asked lightly. “I mean we are going to have to soon or a later.” He added.

“Do what?” Tony asked lightly sitting back down.

“That’s the band Six Feet High.” Sisky stated lightly. Tony looked up startled. “And that tiny little girl is eighteen.” He added.

“There is no way she’s eighteen.” Tony stated.

“That’s what the blonde girl says.” Chizz and Butcher muttered.

“Jinx you owe me your toast!” Butcher gasped quickly, pointing at Chizz.

“Damn.” Chizz growled passing him the two pieces of toast.

“Haha!” Butcher gasped victoriously. “So where’s Bill and Mike?” He asked on a side note and stuffing the toast in his mouth.

“Bill's stuck in traffic and Mike is at his girlfriend’s.”

“I was right!” Butcher declared, forcing his arms in the air.

“Button sit.” They stopped looking back. The watched the small cat sit a few feet from the table. “Button come.” The little girl stated. The cat got up and turned around walking back to their table.

“She’s trained it like a dog.” Sisky gasped. Butcher glanced at his friend and smirked.

“Maybe you should try and teach Baby that.” He suggested knowing even Sisky would get torn apart by his own cat for trying to teach it to listen to him. Baby didn’t listen; Baby did what ever the hell Baby wanted to when Baby wanted to, no exceptions.

“Pfftt.” Sisky snorted. “Thanks I like living and having my cat love me.” Sisky added. Butcher shrugged.

“Stay.” The girl stated leaning down to the cat as she sat on the end of the rounded booth seat. The cat laid down and she giggled. Looking up she smiled at them and waved. All four waved back at her before turning around or looking away.

“Okay,” Tony sighed. “So she’s weird.” He mused.

“So are we.” Butcher and Sisky stated pointing at the other. “Jinx!” They both called. “Crap!” They stated. “Jinx!”

“Jinx I get my last piece of toast back.” Chizz shot in, quickly reaching across the table.

“Damn you Australia.” Butcher huffed at him. Chizz smiled taking a bite of the delicious toast.