Jaded by Bright Colors and Faded Walls

sneaky, sneaky.

Jade giggled as she sat on the back of the couch watching television with the other girls. They were watching an old movie called Harvey. It was in black and white, which bothered Jade a bit, but it was about a man seeing an invisible giant rabbit named Harvey. It was rather hilarious in Jade’s opinion and the other girls seemed to think so as well, but it wasn’t as hilarious the fifth or sixth time around to Jade, just slightly amusing.

Standing up she moved over the back of the couch and skipped off down the dimly lit hallway. She stopped seeing people on the slopping hill leading up to the asylum.

Tipping her head sideways she moved to the window and watched the black figures. No one would rob an asylum. That was just crazy.

Giggling she turned heading down the hallway to a large white metal door. Looking around she pulled it open and stepped in before closing it. Moving down the small set of stairs, then down the long hallway, around three different corners to another large door she smiled as she pushed it open and exited into the freezing cold air.

Leaving the outside door open a jar she moved down the hill giggling as she went.

“Dude, what’s your problem. We can’t do this!” Was hushed across the grass as Jade moved behind the trees as she followed the shadowed figures with her bright green eyes. “I mean seriously? We can’t kidnap a person from and asylum. First off…”

“Dan if you didn’t want to do this you shouldn’t have come.” Jade’s smile widened hearing the name as the idea of the blonde boy several days ago came into view.

“Shut up Doug, I can’t believe you’re agreeing to this!” There was a scoff from the shadows as the four shadows came together. Jade moved along trying not to giggle.

“Dan, it’s Doug and Jake… they always follow each others stupid plans. But for once I agree with it.” Jade blinked. That was Aaron’s voice from what she could remember. “We need a vocalist.”

“We’ll put up fliers. I’m not kidnapping her.” Jade giggled. Her hands clapped over my mouth. “Hello?” She giggled again and stepped out form the shadows.

“You guys are silly.” They all glanced around at one another. “I saw you from the window.” She giggled pointing at the large windows that repeated every once in a while. “You’re not very sneaky.” She added through fits of giggles.

“We want you to join our band.” Jake and Doug stated quickly leaning towards her.

“Why?” Jade muttered her giggles instantly gone.

“First off, you have an awesome singing voice.” Her cheeks flushed lightly. Thankful for the dark she nodded lightly. “Secondly you seem like shit loads of fun.”

“What’s shit loads mean?” She asked softly looking between the four boys. They stared at each others. Dan licked his thin lips lightly as he looked back at her. All their mouths flopped open lightly. “You look like fish.” She giggled, her hands clapping over her mouth as she did so.

“How long have you been in here?” Dan asked softly. Jade blinked a bit startled. She actually couldn’t tell him the years. She’d never really learned to count, or write, or read to the boys’ level because of how long she’d been in the asylum; she never even finished elementary school.

“Since I was eight?” She stated a bit confused. Dan sighed.

“You don’t know much do you?” He asked as the other three watched the two intently.

“If you’re implying that I’m stupid you’re wrong. Just because I never went to the same schools as you doesn’t mean I’m stupid.” She huffed, glaring at him.

“No, no. I’m not saying your stupid. I never meant that, I meant that… you don’t understand slang, or current events. Which doesn’t mean you’re stupid.” Dan sighed placing his hands on her shoulders. “It just means you aren’t up to date.” Jade nodded slowly. “I think you’re smart you just need to be informed on certain things to make you smarter.” Jade smiled and hugged him tightly. Everyone always thought she was stupid. “Umm…” The other three shrugged a bit confused as well. They never knew anyone to randomly hug them when they tried to kidnap them, and yes they’d tried to kidnap many of their friends late at night for fun and games.

“You’re nice.” Jade stated.

“Why are you in there, because I really don’t want you sneaking out for band practice or letting you stay in one of our houses if you might kill us in our sleep.” Dan stated. Doug, Jake and Aaron looked at each other a bit startled. “Yeah none of you dumb asses thought of that did you?” They shook their heads lightly with sheepish grins.

“I’m in here because when I was eight I was attacked and apart of my brain supposedly doesn’t work so well. The part the helps the way I grow mentally. Abby just says it’s only affected my maturity level so she doesn’t see how the state see’s me as a danger to society.” Jade shrugged as she looked around. “It’s really pretty out here at night.” She hushed looking at all the dark shaded trees with the stars poking through them glittering down at her.

“Yeah.” They all whispered looking around.

“Would you want to join our band?” Jake asked eagerly. Jade paused for a second before nodding quickly.

“Yeah!” She gasped jumping onto her bare toes. The boys laughed. “Sounds like fun!” She giggled.

“Kay, come with us.” Doug muttered waving an arm. Jade nodded. She wanted nothing more than to leave the asylum forever. To live a life of her own, doing whatever it was you wanted to when she wanted.

“Whoa.” Dan stated. “I have a better idea. When’s a time you can sneak out and come to band practice?” Jade paused. “When they won’t noticed you’re gone for say, a couple hours.”

“I can at night after lights out.” She stated noticing that in an hour or so would be lights out and everyone was meant to be in their rooms and stay there, with not locks on any of the doors.

“Any time during the day?” Dan asked. She shrugged lightly.

“Never thought about it.” She whispered. It was true. All she’d ever known was the asylum and she hardly paid attention to the schedule they worked on. But now, it seemed like now was a good time to figure it out.

“When’s lights out?” Aaron asked lightly leaning against Dan, his arm slung around Dan’s broad shoulders. Jade blinked up at them for once noticing how much taller than her they all were. Her short formed dwarfed even more by their massive or average heights. For some reason, the detest and hate she felt for the taller girls in the asylum wasn’t replicated towards them. She seemed to prefer them taller than her; it made her feel like she was right size compared to them.

“Hour or so…” She whispered as she spun around lightly on her toes, arms lifted. Jake nodded.

“I’ll wait outside the gate for you and show you the way to my house.” Jake muttered softly patting her on the head. She giggled and grinned up at him, her arms tucked behind her back as she swayed. “Be out by the gate in an hour or so.” She nodded. “Now go before you get caught my little buddy.” Giggling she ran back up the hill and into the asylum. She closed the door and quickly made her way to her room. She glanced around at the empty room.

Turning around she moved back to the media room where the last part of the movie was coming up. She smiled at them all and moved back to her room.

“Going to bed?” Jade looked up at Victoria glaring down at her. Jade nodded as she rubbed her eye lightly with small yawn. “Tiered?” Victoria stated as she placed her hands on her hips. She nodded as he moved back to her room and crawled between the cold, over starched white sheets. She shivered lightly as she pulled them closer to her and closed her eyes waiting for the lights out check.

She tossed and turned until her bunk mate came in giggling over the movie. Turning over Jade smiled at her, she frowned at her and climbed into bed facing her back towards Jade to show her distaste. A frown slipped onto Jade’s face. One thought crossed her mind before she rolled over and pretended to sleep for the lights out check.

You won’t like that you were rude to me when I’m famous.

She couldn’t understand why she thought it, but she couldn’t help the childish thought from happening
♠ ♠ ♠
comment please. I wanna know what you guys think.