Jaded by Bright Colors and Faded Walls

That feeling

Will laughed lightly at Mike playing with his food and giving them smile voices. Reaching down he gripped one of his fries and stopped. A small tingle ran up his spine as the feeling of eyes fell on him. Over his years in the band and the near kidnap and rape moments of his tour life he’d gotten pretty good at noticing when someone was looking at him. Slowly he shifted his gaze in the direction it felt like it was coming from. He looked to his side a couple tables over from them.

His eyes fell on the small girl… well woman, in the oversized White Sox shirt. His caramel orbs locked on her large green ones. They were a beautiful shade of green. He sat up a bit surprised as she looked away quickly. He watched her as her shoulders seem to tense, she looked more afraid now than she did when she came in. Licking his lips he just watched as she sat there, the table up to the middle of her chest as her bare feet planted to the ground.

“Will?” His head snapped to Chizz staring at him. “You okay mate?” He asked sipping his soda. Will nodded slowly and picked at his fries a bit.

“Doug!” His head snapped up to the table, everyone standing and waving their hands in front of their faces as one boy laughed at them. Instantly he began looking for the girl he couldn’t see her, it worried him that he couldn’t see her, she was so tiny she probably got hurt easily.

Will sighed as he watched them all climbs back into the booth and the boy with glasses step over her and climb into the booth before she stood up.

“We do not smell pretty.” The boy with glasses huffed. She nodded at him. “Do not.” He snapped. She laughed softly.

“Do to. You just don’t wanna admit it because you think you’re big, scary, burly, smelly man and you’re not.” His hand covered his mouth as he laughed at her, she was hilarious and William just couldn’t help but laugh at the comment. She turned as other’s laughed a lot with William. “They’re not!” She gasped throwing her arms up. “They can’t even handle cat poop.” She gasped. The boy with glasses pulled her down into her seat roughly glaring at her.

William’s shoulders rocked as he tried not to laugh, he couldn’t help it. It was rather hilarious and it didn’t help that she said it like a frustrated little kid.

“She’s a little spit fire, ain’t she?” Mike snorted as he watched the group from over his shoulder. Will let out a loud howl, his hand covering his mouth in the process, while Chizz let his head slam loudly again the table top to keep from laughing, Chizz’s hands even clutched to his side to keep his laughter in his chest. “You two okay?” Mike asked a bit surprised by both of them. “I know I’m hilarious and what not but Jesus.” Mike laughed at them as William leaned forward as his laughter shook his shoulders. “Bill, Bill,” Will lifted his gaze to Mike as his eyes watered slightly. “Breath.” Mike laughed lightly as he lifted his hands at Will to calm him. “Chizz, Chizz,” Mike muttered moving on once Will nodded and took in several deep breaths. “Chizz are you even still alive?” He gasped as Chizz lay on the table, not even moving. “I think he’s dead.” Will snorted and got up form the table leaving the restaurant quickly. The second he got out the door he startled laughing as he stumbled toward the bench in front of the restaurant. He hadn’t laughed like this in weeks.

Jade watched as the guy got up rushing from the building, his long legs carrying him out the front door quickly, the other guy poking the blonde man with his head on the table.

“Well,” Jake sighed. “They’re weird.” He stated as he reached over poking Jade’s balancing act, it clattered to the table.

“Thanks jerk.” She breathed picking it up and balancing it again. He just shrugged and went to eating with the others. Jade sighed lightly as it wobbled, but didn’t fall. “I’m going back to the van.” She whispered standing up and leaving the restaurant. She stopped as the door closed behind her, the man was leaning over the bench gasping for air. Slowly she walked over to him. “Are you okay?” He looked at and nodded slowly, swallowing he took a few more deep breaths.

“Fine.” He choked out as he wiped at his eyes. Jade nodded slowly as he stood up, instantly she frowned at his height. “Are you okay?” He asked seeing her frown.

“I hate being short.” She whispered, he sighed climbing over the bench and sitting down. “Just flaunt that you’re tall.” She grumbled at him. He took a few more shaky breaths and smiled at her.

“I didn’t mean to.” He stated. “So, what are you guys doing here so late?” She shrugged lightly looking around for the van. She wanted to know where it was exactly.

“Eating.”

“Oh, would have never guessed that.” He stated, she frowned at him as her hand moved up into hair and pushed it lightly. Will frowned at the sight of her playing with the hair on the back of her head. It was weird the way she pushed her brown locks up and leaned back slightly as the hair twisted around her fingers.

“You asked.” She whispered softly. “So I answered.” Will smiled at her, she sounded so childish.

“How old are you?” He asked. Instantly her eyes darted back to him and narrowed.

“What do you care?” She countered. He shrugged.

“I don’t know you seem pretty mature for being around five foot.” She gasped at her, her eyes going wide and a small twinkle appearing in them.

“I wish I was five foot. That’s be fantastic!” she gasped. He snorted lightly, his hand slapping over at him.

“Sorry I don’t mean to laugh.” She shrugged.

“Why are you sorry, there’s nothing wrong with laughing, I do it all the time.” She stated nodding her head. He nodded back. “But I wish I was that tall.” She stated leaning back a bit more. Will nodded slowly at her eyeing the White Sox’s jersey. The blue striped running down it the black gothic letters spelling Sox on the front right side, a 25 on the left side meaning above the large 25 on the back was the name Thome.

“So you’re a Sox’s fan?” He asked pointing at her shirt. She looked down at her jersey and shrugged as he stomach twisted and turned.

“I don’t know who they are.” She stated honesty. Will’s brows narrowed at her. “I stole this from Aaron.” She stated truthfully as well. He nodded slowly; if Aaron was one of the guys from the table then it made sense to why it was so big on her.

“They’re amazing.” Will sighed as he leaned on the bench more, watching her. She smiled at him.

“That’s what Aaron said.” She mused, Will nodded. This Aaron must have been her boyfriend.

“Hey Jade.” Will looked over his shoulder at a guy walking over as he pushed his brown hair out of his face. “What’re you doing?” he asked. She shrugged lifting her hands near her head, the long sleeves of the jersey falling limp past her finger tips. “Hey, I’m Doug.” The guy stated holding his hand to Will.

“William.” Will muttered shaking his hand.

“Jade!” She chirped putting her arms all the way over her head. Will smiled at her. She looked down as he cheeks grew hot.

“Nice to meet you.” He stated. Jade nodded lowering her hands as she looked at the ground.

“You too.” She mumbled lightly. Will blinked a bit confused by the sudden mumble out of her. Her heart was hammering away in her chest as she mashed her hands together in front of her.

“By the way, don’t wake Albert he’s in bitch mode.” Doug warned as he passed her heading into the restaurant. Will and Jade staring after him.

“I don’t even know what that means.” She huffed and placed her hand on her small hips frowning at the door. “Oh well.” She whispered turning around and heading in the direction Doug had come from.

‘Umm… bye.” Will called waving lightly. she waved over her head calling a bye back at him. Shrugging he got up heading inside as she climbed into the van.

Jade climbed on top of Alicia and tapped her on the nose.

“What?” Alicia growled lifting her eye mask up to see. Jade waved at her. “What?” She asked a bit softer, a little worried Jade was waking her.

“I got that feeling.” Jade whispered. Alicia’s brows narrowed as she pulled the black mask fully off her head and sat up slowly. “My stomach got this weird fluttering feeling, my hands shook and got kinda sweat and my heart wouldn’t slow down and my face felt hot.” She whispered. Alicia blink as Albert sat up on the ground in front of the bench they were on. “Sorry Albert I didn’t mean to wake you, Doug said you were in bitch mode… I don’t know what that means.” She added as he rolled his eyes.

“Did you get his name?” Alicia asked. Jade nodded slowly. “Well, what is it?” she urged rolling her hands at Jade from the information. Jade’s mouth flopped open like a floundering fish.

“I can’t remember.” She whispered nervously. “Is that bad?” She gasped quickly, not sure what to do with herself.

“No, no it’s fine.” Alicia laughed as Albert patted her leg. “What does he look like?” She asked. Jade quickly described him to a T and smile as she finished her long and breathy explanation. “Oh he sounds cute.” Jade nodded.

“He’s really cute and he’s nice. We talked out front, I thought he was having trouble breathing but he says he wasn’t.” She stated nodding her head and pushing her hair out of her face.

“Hey.” They guys all stated as they climbed back in moments later.

“Hey, did any of you see who Jade was talking to out front?” Alicia asked quickly. Doug nodded.

“Ya she was talking to William Beckett.” He stated as he curled up into blankets like the others.

“Of course her first crush is William Beckett.” Albert snorted. “What girl’s isn’t unless it’s Gerard Way or Ryan Ross?” He laughed laying down and rolling over to go to sleep.

“So a lot of girls like him?” Jade whispered softly. Alicia nodded slowly. “Oh.” Jade whispered softly as she got up and moved to the back. She grabbed Button form his cage and took him outside and let him go as she sat on the ground. Alicia tossed her a pink marker as she climbed out. Jade went to drawing flowers on the van as Alicia stood next to her, watching her.

“It’s okay that a lot of girls do.” Alicia whispered as she sat down next to Jade. “It’s not a bad thing.”

“But if a lot do, then that means he won’t like me. He’ll pick a normal one.” She whispered softly as she stood up moving to the trailer.

“No it doesn’t.” Alicia stated following her. She watched as Jade opened the side door and went in pulling out her box of art supplies. “What are you doing?” She asked a bit surprised as Jade began digging through the box.

“Painting.” Jade huffed. She painted or drew to get out emotions. Alicia just nodded and watched as Jade set up her paints before going to work on the side of the trailer. The sudden bold splash of green made the trailer look prettier already to Alicia. Jade frowned at the trailer as she moved the brush along. “Can I have the stool form in there?” Alicia nodded and got it for her. Jade reached the top of the trailer and began painting the top more.