Jaded by Bright Colors and Faded Walls

Saw and Button

Jade stood up and followed William into the crap packed room. She grabbed his hand as Jack screamed and flew over her head. People laughed at the sight before going back to fighting.

William loosely held her hand as he moved to the couch and sat down. Jade sat next to him and squeezed his hand as the fight went physical. The lights dimmed and everyone stopped and music began playing.

“I win!” Alex Gaskarth yelled falling into the seat next to William. Everyone groaned and took their seats. Jade watched the movie with large wide eyes, like everyone one else in the room. As it finished Mike got up and changed the DVD’s before any one could say a word and hit play.

“What are we watching?” Jake asked as he glanced down at Jade, a faint smile on his face as he noticed her hand enclosed in William’s.

“Saw.” Mike stated. It was his attempt to scare the large group out of the bus so he could get a few more hours or sleep before sound check. Everyone sat perfectly still and watched the screen with out a problem.

Jade got up a few minutes into the movie, her hand pulling out of William’s roughly as she left. Her heart racing in her chest as she quickly left the bus.

“Jade.” She ignored the person yelling for her and quickly moved to the van.

William glanced down at his hand and moved his fingers. His hand felt oddly empty with out hers. His eyes darted to the screen at the scream. The little puppet was talking.

“What was that?” William asked as Jack and Jake moved to the front windows to look outside. Standing he moved to the windows as Jake bolted out the front door of the bus. “What’s going on?” He asked concerned at Jack shrugged.

“He just took off.” William nodded and followed Jake out of the bus and began running behind him.

“Jake!” William yelled, he glanced over his shoulder at the others following as well. “Jah…shit.” He whispered slowing down to a stop just behind Jake. Jade was sitting on the ground her head hiding in her knees. “Is that blood?” William whispered softly seeing the writing on the side of the van.

“I don’t know.” Jake whispered as he stepped up behind Jade and placed his hands on her shoulders slowly. She jumped and screamed. The same scream that had echoed through the bus moments later. “It’s okay. It’s okay.” Jake mused as William’s eyes scanned over the writing on the van.

“Is that blood?” echoed from behind him. Turning he looked at not only everyone that had been in the bus but a bunch of fans as well. He shrugged looking back at the van.

“Where’s button?” William swallowed lightly looking at the note. Licking his lips he looked around.

“What?” Jade choked looking up at him. Her whole form trembled under Jake’s arms while he held her. “What? What does button have to do with this?” She gasped. William glanced at her and frowned.

“It says ‘I’ll get you and your little dog Toto too.’ I think they’re referring to the only pet you guys have, being button.” He sighed, he felt bad for bringing it up. She seemed so fragile and to have Button in the line of danger along with her. She didn’t need to deal with that, being threatened and Cassadee being a bitch to her. “Wait a minute.” William gasped walking off, everyone watched.

“What’s his problem?” Albert asked softly. Michael and Sisky turned and quickly followed him calling after him. “Okay that wasn’t helpful. Did anyone,” He asked referring to the fans gaping at the van. “See anything, or see anyone with what looked like blood on their hands or cloths?” He asked, they all shook there head. Jade sniffled into Jake’s chest still shaking.