Jaded by Bright Colors and Faded Walls

creepy meetings

“Guess who!” The door burst open. William jumped in his seat, his eyes lifting from Jade next to him. His eyes instantly scanned the room like Jade’s. Dan was currently on the phone with is girlfriend, Lily, not paying attention to anyone. Jake and Doug were having thumbs war tournaments against Jack, Alex, Sisky, and Butcher. Aaron was talking with Cassadee and Elliot lightly and that took care of all their problems.

“Pete?” Cassadee asked confused by the short man.

“Get out my way.” Pete stumbled as Patrick pushed past him. “Hey guys.” He nodded at them lightly. Everyone muttered a soft hello but Dan.

“Hello?!” Pete yelled in Dan’s direction. “That’s rude…” he grumbled as Dan flipped him off.

“He’s talking to his girlfriend.” Mike Carden laughed softly. Pete frowned.

“What’re you doing here?” Cassadee laughed. Snapping Pete reached in Pat’s jacket pulling out a stack of papers. “Pat’s got papers?” She asked confused.

“Yes… I have papers.” Pat nodded sitting down. His eyes focused on the small woman being dwarfed by Will’s form, even sitting.

“Actually I have papers, Pat just thought I’d loose them…” He stopped as the mumbled of ‘you probably would’ve’ from his friends around the room. “So he held onto them. But this is a contract.” He stated down at Cassadee. “For Six Feet High.”

Dan’s phone instantly snapped shut and his chair rotated around slowly at the words. Pete and Pat blinked slowly.

“That was creepy.” Pete grumbled over at Dan.

“Did you just hang up on Lily?” Jade asked lightly. Dan glanced at her.

“No.” He shook his head. “I’m not an asshole.” Will coughed lightly trying to suppress the words building up in his mouth. “Heard that.” Dan stated over at Will.

“I didn’t say anything!” He gasped.

“No but you were thinking it.” Albert giggled from his spot on the floor painting Alicia’s finger nails. Everyone else frowned at the words.

“Contract for us…”Dan stated drawing the attention back to the main topic. Pete smiled at him. “Hand it over.” His voice completely flat and blank.

“All you’ve gotta do is sign it.” Pete chirped happily.

Pete’s smile slowly slipped off his face at the blank stair and raised brow Dan gave him. He jumped back once he’d handed the contract over to Dan and looked at Pat who simply shrugged.

“His a mob boss.” Alex stated simply with a head nod.

“The band things a cover.” Sisky laughed going along with the believable ploy. Pete looked over at Dan with wide eyes as Dan flipped through the contract.

“Seriously?” Pete asked slowly. Pat slapped his forehead at his friend’s gullibility.

“Seriously.” The rest of the room chorused.

“Not a mob boss, just a very scary person…” Dan deadpanned lightly before pulling out his cell phone. “Hello? Yeah…that’s where those shipments go.” He stated simply. The room went dead silent. “No…don’t ship ‘em.” He sighed. “Alright bye Andy.” Butcher looked up at his birth name, confused.

“Dude…you are a mob boss!” Half the room yelled.

“Danny boy,” Dan hummed lightly at Alicia’s words. “Why can’t you call your dad, dad?” she asked confused.

“Because I can’t.” He stated darkly. “What the fuck is up with this contract.” He stated quickly leaving the room.

“Dude he’s dads in on it?” William asked confused, even he believed the mob boss theory.

“It was probably about merch.” Jade stated softly grabbing her toes and tucking her knees up to her chest. “They keep it at his parents house.” She stated simply.

“Yeah sure…” Zack snorted lightly as he glanced at a few others nodding in agreement.

“Wait… what’s wrong with my contract?” Pete asked standing up quickly. “He’s not going to like…hold me at gun point… is he?” The room went dead silent.

“Nah.” Aaron stated, shaking his dark hair out of his face.

“That’s our job?” Pete jumped at Jake and Doug suddenly standing over him. “We’re the pawns.” Jake smiled sadistically down at Pete.

“Weapon of choice?” Doug asked.

“You know my pick.” Jake stated placing a hand on Pete’s shoulder. “I always pick it. It’s seen good and bad times.” Pete swallowed at the slight raise of Jake’s brows.

“Gah…guys?” Pete stuttered.

“Don’t worry they’re harmless.” William spoke out of experience. Jake turned, smiling his sadistic smile to him.

“Maybe not to you but that’s only because you’re keeping someone happy.” He stated. William swallowed keeping his eyes of Jade. “But he’s,” Jake looked down at Pete. “Making problems for the boss.”

“Shut your gay face.” Jade laughed as she got up kicking him in the back of the shin. “And be nice or I’ll rat on you.” Jake grumbled rubbing his leg.

“To who?” He asked softly. Jade glanced over at Albert focusing souly on Alicia’s nails. “And why would he care?” he asked. No one else had seen Jade’s quick eye movement. “He won’t care about little ol’ Pete.” He stated.

“I’m not that old.” Pete whined childish as Pat tugged him back down into his seat, shushing the grown man.

“Maybe not,” She sighed. “But he’ll care about you flirting with you know who,” Her voice was slightly louder. “When he knows your dating a certain someone,” She hinted lightly. “And he’ll be pissed.” Jake swallowed as everyone in the room watched the two. Albert’s attention had even been caught.

“What’s going on?” Albert asked. Jake shifting his eyes away, lips pursed. Giving a soft flutter of the lashes and a subtle nod

“Nothing…just bluffing Jake.” She giggled skipping away, happy with her control over the man.

“Oh.” Albert turned back to what he was doing as the rest of the room watched her leave.

“Damn shot… evil….ugh.” Jake grumbled pulling his phone out. “Forget the weapons, the evil one’s blackmailing me.” He whispered softly. “She’ll blackmail you too.” He stated softly before hanging up. “You’re off the hook for now.” Jake pointed down at Pete before looking over at William. “You though…” He laughed loudly. “Fucked.” He stated leaving the room.

“What’d I do?” William yelled, his voice several octaves higher than usual. “What’d I do?” He asked looking around the room. Everyone shrugged.

“Alright.”

“Son of a bitch.” Albert yelled as Dan’s sudden bold entrance. “you messed me up you little bitch.” He swore. Dan blinked.

“Sorry.” He stated flatly. “You,” he pointed at Pete. “You,” he pointed at Patrick. “Hallways, now.” He stated. Both got up slowly walking out of the room. Dan slammed the door closed.

“Whore!” Albert screamed as he messed up again. “Sorry.” He whispered softly to Alicia. “That little bitch is dead.” He grumbled.

“You’re an angry man.” Rian noted softly.

“He messed me up.” Albert grumbled removing the nail polish.

“You’re painting her nails.” Cassadee laughed. Alicia laughed as well lifting her right finished hand showing the black polish with detailed pink and white flowers. “Holy shit, he did that?” She gasped moving over to them, watching Albert work. “You’re amazing.” She whispered up at him.

“I know right.” Alicia laughed. “I love having a gay friend.” She giggled as Albert rolled his eyes, concentrating on her nails.

“I bet.” Cassadee whispered. “Albert,” He hummed in a response. “I bow down to your awesomeness.” She giggled. He giggled as well.

“Ew, girl talk.” Sisky laughed with the rest of the room.

William stood leaving, in search of Jade. He nodded at Dan talking gently to Pete and Patrick in the hallway. He swallowed passing them, waiting for Dan to yell at him to keep away from Jade, but it never happened.

Glancing over his shoulder at them his eyes locked with Dan’s. He watched a small smile grace Dan’s thin lips before he looked back at Pete and Pat.

Letting out his held breath William smiled as he moved down the hallway quicker.