Jaded by Bright Colors and Faded Walls

new things

Jade walked up the bright yellow, orange, pink, green, and purple bus steps.

“You had to let Jade pick the bus colors, didn’t you?” Dan grumbled over at the others who’d picked Aaron to pick the colors who then handed it over to Jade due to his lack of artistic abilities. “You just had too.” He sighed softly.

“The bright bus going to mess up your drug dealing killing way?” Pete asked completely straight faced. “I mean you now stick out like a sore thumb.” He laughed looking up and down the bus. Screaming he froze at Dan standing over him with wide eyes.

“No one will suspect I got rid of you. I mean we just signed to your label, why would I do a thing like that?” He hissed down at him, watching the color drain from Pete’s face. “Ashlee would be the suspect. I mean she just gave birth. Women and their hormones can get out of control.” He added before turning and walking on the bus, past Jade looking at the steering wheel and seat for the bus in wonder.

“Dude, I think you just gave Pete a heart attack,” Jake stated softly watching his new boss stand perfectly still, pale faced, wide eyed, and looking like he just shit himself. “He’s not moving.” He added softly heading on the bus with Doug, Albert, Alicia, and Oliver.

“You know, he couldn’t hurt a fly right?” Aaron mused softly. “I mean he just doesn’t like people walking all over him.” He stated simply. Pete looked up at the tall man slowly. “He’s trying to prove to himself and to his dad he’s not weak, he’s not a pussy or a pansy and that he doesn’t let people walk all over him.”

“What does his dad have to do with scaring the shit out of me?” Pete gasped as Jade skipped off the bus and over to them.

“Let’s put it this way. Dan’s dad is an ex-navy seal,” Pete grimaced. “And thinks music is a waist of time and all Dan’s life his dad’s walked over him and told him what he could and could not do. If that was your dad, you’d come out like a mob boss styled guy too.” Aaron mused softly. Pete nodded slowly. “Even knowing that, which you can’t let him know I told you, he’s still going to scare the shit out of you day and night.” Aaron walked up the steps of the bus and looked around. “Holy shit we have a fridge.” He gasped moving towards the little kitchen area in the front of the bus.

Jade smiled up at Pete lifting her hand. Slowly he gave her a high five, going over what Aaron had just told him.

Turning Jade skipped onto the bus smiling at every thing.

“Pick a bunk.” Dan yelled. Everyone moved to the back. “Go.” He stated. “My shit’s already on mine don’t move it.” He added thinking about it as he looked at Jade. “Go pick a bed.” he laughed. Walking to the back she looked at the other’s laying inside small little compartments with beds.

Giggling she picked a lower one she could easily slid into near the back. Dan walked through looking at everyone.

“Well put your shit in ‘em.” He laughed climbing into his bunk and settling into it. “Oh I love beds.” He mumbled into his pillow. Jade giggled heading off the bus to grab her few items.

“Here.” She smiled at William picking the bigger bag up. “So you liking your blindingly brightly colored bus?” he asked eyeing the massive amount of color on it. Nodding Jade giggled. “You picked the colors didn’t you?” he asked following her on the bus.

“That’s a duh question.” Oliver stated as he moved off the bus.

“Yeah. I like them they’re the same colors as our equipment.” She stated tossing her bag into her bunk and smiling up at William as he slid the bag he had in as well. Nodding he looked around at their bus. It was extremely nice and had the new bus smell. “Our bus is really clean compared to yours…” she trialed off as William watched, waiting for what was to come next. “Oh my god! We get button back!” She gasped taking off past him.

“Took you long enough.” He laughed. Stopping she frowned at him. “Just saying.” He stated. Huffing she slapped him in the arm rushing off the bus. “Ow.” He yelled holding his arm.

“Yeah she hits like a man.” Doug stated examining the fridge. “We need to put food in this.” He added as if it were a brand new magical idea.

“Dude…” Jake gasped slowly as if completely and utterly amazed by the statement. William laughed as Dan looked between the two from his bunk.

“Why do I surround my self with idiots?” he questioned to himself before pulling the curtain closed on his bunk.

Laughing loudly William walked off the bus still rubbing his arm, he was sure he was going to have a bruise. He made a mental note not to really piss Jade off. He’d end up with broken bones.

“What’s she freaking out about?” Pete asked “and why did it involve going to your…KITTY!” He screamed watching the cat jump off The Academy Is…’s bus, followed by Jade carrying a large cage.

“It’s her cat but there was a threat on her, Cassadee, and Button.” Pete frowned. “It’s the cat’s name.” Whistling William watched at cat look at him. “Come Button.” He stated gently. The cat began bounding over to him as Jade ran towards him as well with the massive cage. Laughing he watched in amusement.

“The cat’s trained?” Pete whispered.

“Yeah, Jade trained him.” William sighed picking the cat up as it stopped at his feet.

“You think she could train my kid?” Pete asked hopefully. William frowned.

“Good luck with that.” He laughed heading onto the bus. Pete followed with a small frown.

“Put it in one of the unused bunks.” Dan shrugged form his high perched bunk down at Jade. “Just make it a lower one so he can get in and out of it easily.” He mumbled. Nodding Jade moved towards the back bunks and put it in a low one. William followed her and put Button down on the bunk. The cat purred happily as he rubbed against Jade.

Squealing with delight she scooped the cat up rocking him back at forth. William smiled at her love and devotion to the cat. He just wished she’d hug him like that, but instead her nerves got the better of her and she gave him timid hugs.

“Happy you got your cat back?” He asked softly. Nodding Jade scratched behind his ears.

“Hey dudes, not to burst your bubbles.” Alicia huffed from the front of the bus. “But Albert and I aren’t going to load everything onto the bus.” Grumbling the guys all got up and left the bus to help. “Come on Jade.” Alicia huffed kicking Jake in the ass as he passed her.

“Ow, what was that for?” he grumbled, rubbing his near. Alicia shrugged.

“Because sadly I’m related to you.” She frowned. Jake grumbled an ‘only by paper’ as they jumped off the bus. Sighing Jade patted Button’s head and set him down.

“Stay.” She stated standing. Laughing she patted William’s head as she passed him. Smiling he reached out pulling her back to him. “No! I said stay, I didn’t mean me.” She giggled kicking her legs as William wound his arms around her.

“But I don’t wanna be left with button. I see him all the time.” William whined at her holding her small form to him easily.

“Well I’ve gotta help. I’ll see you after words.”

“You’re lying.” William frowned at her. Shaking her head she laughed loudly as she struggled against his arms. “You promise you’ll see me after wards?” He asked in a small voice.

“I promise.” She laughed still kicking her legs and trying to fight his grip. “I really, really, really promise.” She added.

Pete smiled at the two before heading off the bus to help load up the gear so they weren’t one person short. Though he didn’t see how Jade’s tiny stature was of much use moving things anyway.