Jaded by Bright Colors and Faded Walls

rules of the mob

“What’s going on?” Pete yelled his small form not much taller on the couch. The bus was stopped for a moment while Jake and Doug carried large heavy, hard, black cases onto the bus. In a moments they’d be heading back towards the other bus. “I need information. I’m drunk and I’m supposed to be in charge.” He stated boldly. “Okay…second in charge because Dan’s glaring at me like I’m dead.” He stated.

“First off. I’m second in charge right now.” Aaron stated taking one of the heavy cases.

“Two, shut up and a sit down before you hurt yourself.” Dan finished. “Do we have the…”

“Yes.” Jake stated lifting the case in his hand. “Go.” He added to the driver. Nodding the bus driver did as told.

“I fell like we should call the cops.” Butcher stated scratching his head lightly.

“Probably but I’m a mob boss.” Dan stated opening one of the cases and peering inside before closing it. “And I don’t like pigs.” He smiled at them dragging the case to the back. “How sober is Oliver?” He asked lightly. Doug opened the bathroom door. Oliver’s loud yells of ‘it’s cold’ rang out of the door.

Shrugging lightly Doug closed the door, only muffling the sounds.

“Good.” Dan stated sitting down in the back room.

“Bye guys.” Jake waved slamming the door and locking it.

“I know I’m drunks…” Cassadee muttered while leaning into the couch. “But that was kinda hot.” She slurred. Everyone frowned looking at her.

“Wow you are drunk.” Sisky laughed.

“I’m scared for my life.” Patrick stated simply.

“Not yet your aren’t.” Albert slurred as he leaned into Cassadee, Alicia giggled nodding from her spot on the floor. “If this is serious, and it seems that way. Then you’ll be shitting yourselves.”

“We should call the cops.” Tony stated.

“I wouldn’t, you don’t want to make them angry.” Patrick reasoned. “I mean…what if this is something only they can handle? I mean it’s something to do with Jade they know her best.” Tony nodded slowly at Patrick’s wise words. “Let’s just sit down and calm down. Let’s let them do their thing.” He forced a smile despite how hard his heart was beating and how terrified he was. Dan didn’t seem like the kind of guy to easily get his feathers ruffled, meaning Dan looking wide eyed and worried bothered him to the core. He’d only known the man for a few days, but in a few days he’d gotten to know the drummer pretty well. Atleast he assumed he had.

“Okay, what’d you think it is?” Michael asked softly.

“Will?” Mike asked. Everyone groaned at the idea. “Maybe he fucked up and did something, freaked Jade out and called to confess it because he feels bad?”

“Dude he’s dead if he did.” Tony sighed lightly. Everyone nodded. They’d all learned you don’t fuck with Jade.

“What if it isn’t Bilvy? What is something else is happening and Bilvy’s not sure what to do because if it. I mean Dan looked started and said ‘what’d you mean you’re not moving?’” They all nodded pointing at Sisky’s brilliance. “So it could be Bilvy’s freaking out too and Dan’s a scary man that knows how to get things done and when he says he’s got it handled you believe the guy.”

“Yeah and he does stick to his word.” Pete stated lightly as the group ignored the three still completely drunk people in the corner laughing and talking while still drinking. “I mean is the guy if I get stuck and I need help, I’d want someone like Dan to help out.” Everyone nodded again.

“Even if it means his drug trafficking goes through your house.” Butcher teased. Pete shrugged.

“As long as he doesn’t get my kid hooked, we’re good.” Pete laughed back. The whole group laughed lightly.

“You’re okay, you’re okay.” William muttered softly stroking her hair. Jade was crying tears into his chest. She couldn’t get her old memories to go away, they were just there with her and him in the dark, terrorizing and haunting her. “Dan’s coming.” He tried she just whimpered. No one else needed to get caught up in her past. “I promise nothing is going to happen.”

“Hey guys.” Everyone muttered as Aaron, Dan, Jake and Doug exited the back room. Dan instantly went to the bus driver and began whispering. “So?” they all asked lightly.

“Okay, the formalities.” Aaron clapped his hands and rubbed them together as if to warm them. “The worse part about being number two.” He smiled at them. “First off, none of you are allowed to leave the bus until further notice. Secondly none of this goes in a blog, video or hits anyplace media or anyone else can find it. It’s a big secret. You can joke about or mob like ways but you can’t actually tell anyone we are actually like a mini-mob. Because talkers end up walkers with cement shoes.” He joked despite the fact no one saw it the way he did. Everyone paled slightly. “Thirdly this could be highly dangerous.”

“We’re going in hot and silent.” Dan called.

“Got it.” Oliver yelled from the back.

“And thus being dangerous we’re not going very close to the mark.”

“You sound like your killing someone.” Patrick stated.

“With what we have for intelligence, though at the moment intelligence is a scared, crazy girl,” he shrugged, debating the information in his head. “They might be.” He smiled. “I’m not, I’m second in command, I’m staying here because Dan likes to front lines.” He stated.

“Okay we need to call the police.” Tony stated standing up.

“Do it and die.” Dan deadpanned, a blank look on his face. “Now I need the drunks to the back right now because that one,” he pointed at Cassadee. “I don’t trust drunk like that. Bye.” He waved at them. Stumbling to the back they giggled as they fell over each other. “Okay, this is something that if you tell anyone outside this bus. I’ll personally hunt you down and smash your skulls in for. Okay?” he asked a forced smile on his lips and a falsely chipper tone to his voice.

Tony sat down slowly.

“No one will speak while I speak so I can get this out, okay?” He asked they all nodded. “Jade was an a patient at an insane asylum. She was only there because at the age of eight her father tried to kill her by beating her with a bat. The state of Maine and out city saw her unfit to live a life outside the asylum walls till recently when we got a hold of her. Skipping over minor details how we got Jade and skipping to now she told me ‘it’s him’ so I’m assuming it’s her crazy father with possibly a baseball bat or some other weapon to hurt her with. But I’m also assuming its just Jade being afraid of the dark and alone with someone who doesn’t know. But assuming she is right we’re going to go in and see if he’s there. If he is there we’ll come back here and call the police.” He nodded. Everyone blinked startled by what was just said. “And so everyone knows. I was raised by a skilled and trained killer. Guess what I a know and if you tell you’ll find out.” He stated as the bus came to a slow halt. “Go.” He stated waving Jake and Doug off the bus before following them.

“Holy shit.” Everyone whispered.

“Well if I need anyone killed I know who to call.” Pete shrugged lightly. Everyone stared at him shocked. “What you can’t be surprised that Jade’s mental. I mean…she’s not exactly right in the head. I’ve known her for three or four days and I thought something was up and I’m not the most observant fucker out there.” He stated.

“This is true.” Patrick mused softly. Pete frowned at him. “Hey, you said it.” Pat smiled.

“That explains why Jade’s always confused about things and why she doesn’t know about recent events or movies. She was completely blocked off from it.” Michael stated.

“Okay you guys are all mental.” Tony stated. Everyone looked at him. “Was I the only one to notice they had guns on them?” He asked lightly watching everything drain from each one of their faces. “Or that it looked like they had built proof vests on?”

“Oh shit, they’re not calling the cops even if he is there.” Sisky whispered.

“Well…I think we just learned what Dan knows.” Mike mused softly. Everyone nodded slowly.

William’s arms wound tighter around Jade as her nails dug into him. The bus shifted slightly.

“Don’t let him get me. Don’t let him get.” Jade cried. Her whole body trembled as she sat there holding to William as tightly as she could. She could see him in her head. Raising the bat up before bringing it down to her level, the laugh he had every time he hit her. She could smell the old stale blood that had coated in her bedroom floor again along with the dust. She didn’t want to be back in her old house, with him. She wanted to be back on the bus with William watching a movie and just sitting and talking. “Please don’t let him get me. Please.” She cried.

William’s heart felt like it was breaking. He’d never seen her so terrified before.

The door opened. Hugging Jade tighter his breathing stopped as the lights flicked on. Jade screamed, crying harder. He could see her now. Even in her head he could see her.

The held breath Will had left his lungs at the sight of Dan smiling at him.

“Hey. You’re okay.” Dan stated. Jade turned at the voice, looking up at him.

“He was here, I know he was.” She cried.

“Did you see anyone?” Dan asked softly. William shook his head knowing the question was directed at him. “Come on.” Jade screamed and clung to William more as Dan reached out for her. “I think its best we get her off this bus and away from whatever it is she’s seeing on this one.” William nodded standing up. “I also think it’s best if you stay with her.” He added.

“Yeah.” William whispered. Dan could hear the worry in William’s voice.

“You’re not going to run for her are you?” Dan asked watching Will turn to him. “You seem reluctant to want to be with her.” He stated softly.

“Actually I don’t want to be away from her. I know where she comes from. She told me, before this I just don’t know what to do or say to make any of this or whatever’s bothering her go away and that’s all I want to do. I wanna make her pain go away.” William smiled heading off the bus, carrying Jade to the other one parked several yards down the road.

“Good.” Dan nodded to himself as he headed off the bus himself. “Nothings here.” He stated to Doug staring up at the side of the bus.

“Actually…” he waved the flash light at the side of the bus. “I think she’s being followed.” Dan frowned at the words on the bus. It simply said. you took all the fun out of my game, I just want Dorothy now.
♠ ♠ ♠
so I felt like going a little CSI on this update.
who knows what'll happen next.
Enjoy and comment please. :]