Jaded by Bright Colors and Faded Walls

make me

William scratched his head as Jade sat on the planter before him. He wasn’t sure how to answer the question. His lips pursed out in a way Jade found completely and utterly adorable as she smiled up at him. It wasn’t a hard question to answer in her mind.

“I don’t know.” He shrugged lightly. “I just really like the white sox.” He lifted his hand confused before adjusting the sunglasses over his warm brown eyes. Jade sighed.

“How come you like them and not another team?” She asked confused. She didn’t understand how he could pick a favorite out of all the same thing.

“I don’t know. I was raised liking them so I like them.” He shrugged lightly. Jade nodded slowly. “It’s like you like to draw only because you’ve been doing it for so long. I’ve been watching them play for so long I want them to win.” Jade nodded slowly as he reached up grabbing his shirt and pulling him closer. “What?” He laughed as she patted on his taught stomach. “What?” He laughed against grabbing her wrists gently.

“I dunno.” She giggled at him. She just liked being around him and touching him. Knowing he was actually there, talking to her, looking at her and wanting to be around her.

Laughing loudly he reached out ruffling her mousy brown hair.

“Your silly.” He smiled at her cute pout as she quickly began trying to fix her hair. “Albert and Alicia have corrupted you.” He sighed deeply as he watched her. “What happened to not caring what you look like?” He asked gently. Jade looked up at him through her messy hair.

“I don’t.” she stated honestly. “But I’d like to be able to see.” She huffed pushing him away as he reached out messing her hair up again. “Stop it!” I huffed while leaning back from him, her feet pressed into his stomach as he reached for her, easily reaching her head. “Stop!” she laughed loudly swatting at his hands.

“Make me.” He laughed loudly messing her hair up wildly.

“I’m trying!” She huffed at him, as he leaned up attempting to bite him. Squealing slightly he jumped back, clutching his hand to his chest. “HAHA!” She declared while standing up quickly and pushing her hair out of his face. “I win.” She pushed her fist into the air as William frowned at her.

“Yeah…no.” he laughed picking her up and holding her against his chest with one arm tightly. Laughing she wiggled as William ruffled her hair. “No.” He laughed wrapping his free arm around her waist to keep her pressed against him.

“Stop, stop wiggling.” He laughed as he stumbled. “Shit.” He yelled as they fell in the grass, Jade pinned under him. “You okay?” He asked gently as he pushed him self up.

Jade blew her bangs out of her face as she peered out through the long blade of grass.

“Jade?” He asked gently as she reached up, pushing her hair out of her face.

“You’re heavy you know that?” She giggled lightly. “And your belt buckle hurts.” She headed. William lifted his hips.

“I’m not wearing a belt.” He stated as he reached into his pocket pulling his phone out. “It this it?” he asked as he lowered his hips and waved the phone in her face.

Huffing she took it and flipped it open before throwing it across the grass.

“You’re getting it.” William stated looking down at her. Jade groaned, slamming her head into the grass as she wiggled under him. “Will you agree to get it?” He asked laying on her.

“Never.” She hissed. William sighed.

“I’m not letting you go till you agree to get it.” He teased lightly as he leaned down, his head pressed into the grass next to her. “P.S. you smell really good.” He whispered in her ear making her shiver. “I mean really good.” He added lightly.

“Stop sniffing me and go get your…thing.” She waved a hand in the direction of the phone.

“I’m not sniffing you and it’s a phone.” He laughed as she wiggled underneath him trying to get free. “Stop fighting it, you know you wanna get my phone.” He whispered in her ear. “Ow.” He gasped as her head lifted up into his.

Rolling off her he held his nose as Jade sat up quickly.

“I’m soo sorry!” I’m soo sorry!” She gasped sitting on her knees, looking down at him as he lay in the grass holding his throbbing nose.

“Your head is like a brick.” He laughed through his pain. His brown eyes watering as he opened them to look up at her worried face. Forcing a smiled he pushed himself up on one of his elbows, the other hand still holding his nose tightly.

“I’m soo sorry.” She stated getting up and running to his phone. “Here.” Laughing he took it from her as he sat up.

“Don’t worry about it. It’s okay, really.” He rubbed his nose before looking at his hand. “It’s not bleeding and it doesn’t feel broken. It just hurts.” He laughed smiling at her. “Your fine…just don’t head butt me again.” He teased. She nodded quickly not getting the joke.

“I won’t! I promise!” She gasped at him while nibbling on her bottom lip nervously.

“I was teasing, calm down.” He whispered to her. Nodding she took a several deep breaths. “Breath, nice slow breaths.” Jade nodded taking in a few deep breaths as her arms wound around his shoulders.

“I’m really sorry.” She whispered pressing her lips to his forehead. William leaned into the touch. Both their hearts pounding wildly from the contact and small action.