Jaded by Bright Colors and Faded Walls

what to do, what to do

“Awesome!” Pete declared as they watched the fully edited and played back video. Dan sat in the background hands folded in front of his face. “What are you sulking about?” Pete growled lightly. Dan shrugged.

“Eyeing the fatal flaws in it. But it’s nothing really.” Dan teased.

“What fatal flaws?” Pat asked lightly. To him it was a good, twisted, and cracked out video straight from the mind of Pete Wentz. Dan glanced over Jade on William’s back, his glasses making her already large eyes twice as big as he laughed at her, holding her small form up with ease.

“What about her?” Pete asked gently. Dan stood nodding at them.

“Gentlemen I think it’s time Pete, Pat and I retire to an office.” He stated walking away, snapping his fingers. Jake and Doug pushed the two along.

“Hey! Hey! Watch the jacket!” Pete huffed walking along as he adjusted his jacket. Pat followed just as confused.

“What’s going on?” Jade asked as she adjusted the glasses. “How do you see threw these?” She giggled down at William, he shrugged lightly. “They make dizzy.” She added, laying her head in the crook of his neck to stop the awkward swimming of the room.

“Well then give them back so I can actually see.” He laughed reaching up for them. He only needed one arm to hold up her small, light, faire like form. Snatching the glasses from her as she held them out, he smiled at the return of his vision. “Thank you…why are you smiling at me like that?” he asked noticing Gabe, Alex, and Jack smirking at him. “Stop looking at me like that.” He stated taking a few steps back.

“What’s going on?” Jade sat up right, holding on to William’s shoulders tightly as she smiled from his height. “You guys look crazy.” She stated to the three smirking at them. “And I know crazy.” She sang in a teasing way.

“We know.” Alex stated lightly. Gabe muttered something quickly in Spanish. Jack lifted his gaze confused.

“English dude, English.” Jack stated in total seriousness.

“Oh we should watch transformers!” Alex laughed pointing at him. “Jade have you seen Transformer’s yet?” He yelled. She tipped her head sideways.

“Eey corumba! You haven’t seen transformers…what is wrong with you?” Gabe yelled clearly distressed.

“I was really sheltered.” She stated leaning down to William. “What are we doing after this?” She asked gently. All she wanted to do was spend time with William. She wanted to spend her nights laying on the back couch of a bus with him while watching movies or listening to music and talking about random things like baseball and how bowling worked.

“I don’t know,” He laughed softly, an airy tone to his words. He wanted to do the same things she did. Just lay on the back couch and watch movies or talk. That had be come his perfect night. Just being with her. “What’d you wanna do?” he asked. Jade paused looking around the room, her face becoming emotionless.

“Holy crap she’s like a human doll!” Gabe screamed at the slightly eerie effect Jade had with her large green eyes and small doll like features. Her eyes darted to him. “Don’t look at me like that you whore.” He teased. Her head tipped sideways.

“My names Jade.” She chirped a smile instantly returning to her features as Gabe turned around leaning again the wall, hitting it with his fist.

“Dude sheltered to the point where they use to have to sneak her out for band practice and shows.” Zack laughed as he sat attempting a rubix cube.

“Wait so her folks let her come on tour though?” Gabe asked confused as William shifted Jade higher making her laugh. Jack coughed as he looked away. “They kid napped her?” He screamed.

“No.” Aaron stated making the whole group jump. “Been here the whole time.” He stated looking back down at his book while everyone pointed at him. “We convinced them to let her come.” He stated simply. Everyone nodded as Gabe placed a hand over his heart.

“She’s cute enough but she’s not worth kidnapping, is she?”

“Have you heard her sing?” Rian asked taking the rubix cube from Zack and trying his hand at it.

“No.” Gabe muttered. Aaron sighed.

“You’ll have to come to a show then.” He stated as Jade giggled.

“I love singing!” Jade gasped at him loudly. William groaned. She gasped rubbing, almost petting, his ear. “sorry.” She stated hiding her face in his shoulder as he smiled at her. “I didn’t mean it!” She whined childishly.

“Sing me something.” Gabe stated. Jade looked at him, peering her eyes over William’s shoulder lightly.

“Hallelujah.” Aaron stated as if her were praising the lord, every stared at him confused until Jade started singing the song.

“Damn girl.” Gabe laughed as everyone clapped.

“Dan says stop giving Jade candy so she sings on cue.” Jake laughed as he ran back into the room jumping onto the couch and straight into Brendon texting, and Rian and Zack fighting over which way to twist the rubix cube. “Hey Sexy.” He teased running his hand up Brendon’s chest, watching the man’s cheeks flush a bright red. “Ha.” He laughed as he hit the floor.

“Don’t be mean Jake! It’s not nice.” Jade scolded. Pouting the man muttered a half heart sorry. “Be better.” She grumbled leaning back into William’s shoulder. She kissed the side of his neck lightly making his cheeks flush red as the boys wolf whistled and his heart beat faster from the contact. “What are we doing later?” She asked softly, William glanced at her smiling at the rather adult like tone to her voice.

“What’d you wanna do?” he asked gently. She shrugged again.

“We’re watching transformers!” Alex, Gabe, and Jack yelled.

“Sweetness!” Brendon yelled standing up, arms raised.

“Dear god not again.” Ryan stated as he slammed his head into the table he was sitting at, Spencer patted his back sympathetically. “Can’t we watch something else…or do something? Oh my god!” He yelled arms raised as tone mocked that of every valley girl in the area of L.A. “Guess what we should do?” he asked sticking with the tone.

“You should stop talking like that, it’s creepy.” Jade muttered hiding behind William more as Ryan’s smile feel from his face.

“Who else agrees?” Brendon yelled forcing his arm in the air with everyone. Spencer cleared his throat looking away as he lifted his hand as well. Sighing in defeat Ryan groaned, slapping Spencer in the process.

“I just think we should go hit up a theme park…like Disney land.” He stated nodding. He needed to ride a roller coast or find some way to ditch his crazy friends.

“Oh my god!” Nearly everyone yelled freaking out. Jade leaned forward looking at William who licked his lips.

“You know those movies we watched with the animated characters?” She nodded as he spoke. “It’s a park made by the same people.” He smiled at her. She nodded not seeing what was amazing about an animated park. How could people even go to an animated park if animated thing weren’t real?

Jade scratched the side of her head confused, brows narrowed.

“What’s going on?” Pete asked as he, Pat and Dan ran back out.

“Disney land!” They all screamed jumping up and down.

“Fuck yeah!” Pete yelled running over and jumping up and down. Dan and Pat groaned walking away from the group.

“God just shoot me.” Dan grumbled lightly.

“I just wanna watch movies.” Jade whispered sadly into William’s shoulder. Smiling at her he lifted her higher.

“then will watch movies together.” He stated watching as she smiled, a soft blush crossing her pale cheeks. “Sound good?” he asked. She nodded weakly as she bit her bottom lip.

Leaning forward she pressed her lips to his. William leaned into her lips.

“Get a room!” Someone yelled over the excitement. Jade pulled back as both of them blushed.