Jaded by Bright Colors and Faded Walls

Navy Seals

The wind tugged through her hair as she smiled out at everything costing past her easily. William’s arm on the back of the seat and around her shoulders as he smiled easily at everything rolling by. He’d seen the whole park a dozen times from the train and on foot, but Jade hadn’t.

Her eyes darted to the small children pointing everything out, smiling, and laughing. Their parent’s laughing at them and going along with their bouncy children. Her smile faded slightly at the sight of the family.

Slowly she glanced up at William yawning lightly. They’d spent the past few hours running around the park and doing everything they possibly could with out getting stuck in too many long lines.

His eyes fell on Jade’s unusually still form. He thought she’d be bouncing around, pointing thing out and smiling up at him brightly. She hadn’t even looked up at him once or point anything out that he was aware of.

“Hey.” He whispered leaning down to her. Her head snapped over to him at the sudden voice in her ear. She hadn’t been expecting him to say anything. “You okay?” he asked gently. Smiling she nodded. “Are you sure, you seem really,” he shrugged unsure of how to explain it. “Not excited and just…way too still.” He stated simply.

Her lips pursed downward into a frown at him. Forcing a smile she looked away hoping he hadn’t noticed her frown, but he had.

“Jade.” He stated gently grabbing her chin and making him look at her. “What’s wrong?” he asked gently.

“I’m just tired.” She smiled at him. Sighing he pulled her into his side.

“What’s wrong?” He asked again. He wasn’t fouled by her poor lying. He knew her better than that.

“Nothing.” She lied looking away, her eyes flickering to the children bouncing around and pointing happily at things.

“Jade.” William whispered down to her.

“I’m not a little kid.” She snapped up at him. He pulled back a bit startled. “Don’t,” she sighed. “Don’t treat me like one.” She whispered as he eyes focused on her hands as she fumbled with her fingers.

“I’m not. I want to know what’s wrong and you’re not telling me.” He stated simply. She shrugged lightly. “Please tell me?” he asked hoping he wasn’t talking down to her. He didn’t want her to snap at him again. He didn’t like it, he didn’t like he being down like this. He wanted his happy, bouncy Jade back. The one that could bring light to any darkness no matter what.

“I just…” Her eyes darted back to the kids. “I’m not a kid.” She stated simply. William followed her gaze to the kids. “Their little.” She whispered glancing up at him. “They’re allowed to be like that. I’m not. I’m…I’m eighteen. I should be calmer, and and…I don’t know, not like that.” She whispered looking at her hands sadly. “Maybe I don’t belong out side white walls.” She whispered. William flicked her. “Ow.” She whispered rubbing her nose.

“Don’t say that. You don’t belong behind white walls.” He sighed. “You’re not use to be out, being around this stuff. Once you’re use to it and see it everyday like everyone else. You’ll get use to it and you won’t be like that. But for now you are and I like you that way.” He shrugged simply. “I like you the way you are.” He smiled at her.

“What if I wasn’t like me. What if I was like…” She paused. “Cassadee or Alicia?” She gasped. “Would you still like me?” she asked gently. He paused at the question, not sure if it was a trick question.

“Let me put it this way.” He stated simply. “Ever if you weren’t all bouncy and child like, but you were still the smart, funny, quick witted and nice person you are now. Then you I would. If you weren’t nice, smart, funny, and quick witted then no because those are the things I like most about you.” He licked his lips. “Even when you grow use to everything around you and you naturally calm down I’ll still like you.” Jade smiled at him. “Just be you and I’ll always like you. Don’t try and be someone you’re not.” He stated simply to her. Laughing she wrapped her arms around him, giving him a tight squeeze.

“Thanks.” She whispered.

“For what?” he asked confused. She shrugged.

“Being you.” She smiled. He smiled back as the train came to a stop.

“Come on.” He sighed looking at the time on his phone. “Let’s go meet up with everyone.” He stated. Nodding she grabbed his hand following after him almost like a lost puppy. She wanted nothing more than to go watch movies with him after they left Disney Land.

“Whoa…” she whispered. William stopped holding her back at all the people freaking out right in front of the fountain. Craning his neck he pin pointed why, everyone was being attacked by fans but them. “What’s going on?” She whispered.

“Attack of the fans.” He whispered playfully. Jade frowned.

“Oh my god it’s Jade and William!” Both looked up started by their names, their eyes wide from shock as people ran over eagerly.

“Jade?” William yelled as the wave of people instantly split them up. he signed things quickly trying to find her in the sea of people, which was a lost cause. Jade was shorter than everyone around her and blended in easily.

“um…what? What?” her head snapped in several different directions at all the people talking to her. “I don’t know what any of you are saying!” She gasped signing things quickly and taking pictures with people. She didn’t really mind this kid of thing is they hadn’t pulled her away from William.

“Did we just get up staged by a short midget?” Pete asked confused taking note that the fans that had been bugging William were now trying to force their way through the group of people to Jade. All the fan’s had leeched to the ting singer.

“Will.” William turned to Dan lifting his hands. William shrugged, throwing his arms up concerned for the safety of his girlfriend.

“I think we did just get upstaged by her.” Pat stated simply. Pete smiled.

“I’m a genius! I knew they would make it!” He smiled proudly of himself. He’d just signed the next big thing. “no applause, no applause. Thank you.” He bowed at his friends.

“No one’s clapping.” Andy stated bursting Pete’s bubble. Pete muttered a soft string of swears at the man as Dan turned looking at his band mates.

Dan nodded his head at the group.

“Hold this.” Jake stated passing Patrick his lit cigarette.

“What?” Patrick gasped looking at the lit and smoking marlboro between his fingers as Jake walked away with the others. Dan was heading straight for the group as the other three spread out coming in from the other sides of the group.

“Oh.” Dan stopped before entering the group. “Albert you know the plan. Get to it.” He called. Albert clapped as Dan pushed his way through the group signing and taking pictures when someone asked, like the other three.

“Alright gentlemen and ladies. I’d like you to exit the park as quickly and efficiently as possible.” He smiled ushering them out of the park. William pointed at the group concerned. “We need to get out of here and have the van’s running so when they come running while caring Jade we can floor it out of this pop stand and not have to worry about more fan attacks.” They all nodded leaving the park.

“How much longer?” Jack asked gently waiting as he leaned over his seat.

“Don’t know.” Albert sighed gently.

“Do you think they got Jade out safe?” William rushed. Oliver patted the man on the shoulder.

“Those four should be navy fucking seals.” He gasped. “Yeah, they’ll get her out safely while running here like their on…” The van lurched forward as Albert picked up his phone.

“Got them in sight scoop in run.” Albert gasped into his phone. Oliver jumped over the seats. “Get to the very back.” He yelled at the others. They all climbed over the seats as Oliver pulled the sliding van door open. “Ready Alicia?” he asked into his phone. “Go.” The van came to a halt.

The guys all jumped as the second van seemed to just roll right past.

“Get in.” Oliver yelled as Aaron, Doug and Jake jumped in climbing over seats as Dan jumped in next, Jade over his shoulder. “Go! Go! Go!” Oliver yelled slamming the van door as Albert floored it after the other full van.

“Navy seal shit.” Sisky whispered at the guys sitting in the front of the van.

“That was fun!” jade gasped sitting up as Dan leaned against the wall. “Let’s do it again!” she chirped eagerly.