Jaded by Bright Colors and Faded Walls

Show time Hero

Lights flashed brightly as loud music pumped through the body heated, large room. People jumped up and down, their eyes following the person they carried about most. Screams echoed from the darkness of the crowd as the heat rose higher from the intensity of their movement to get closer to the band, to dance more to the music they loved.

Most fans watched the small woman on the stage as sweat trickled down the side of her face. Her subtly red lips moving to form the words as her vocal cords worked with ease. Her shoulder length brown hair slightly damp with her own sweat as it swayed and bounced around. Her eyes dancing around the darkroom trying to pull faces from the crowd that she’d possibly meet before, only to see new ones before her. The long, ratty white dress she wore waved and danced around her legs as the upper corset clung to her small torso and chest, the small strap slung over her pale shoulders.

Jumping up onto a small front amp she lifted her arms holding the bright pink microphone out to the loudly singing crowd. Her band mates passed looked at each other as they danced around.

“Thank you!” She giggled before dropping her microphone and skipping off the stage the second their set ended.

“You’re strange.” Jake stated pulling out a cigarette and quickly lighting it. “Oh.” He pulled his phone out quickly tending to a new text as he walked off.

She frowned at his retreating back, his black vest and grey scarf waving as he moved.

“I’m weird? You don’t even wear shirts anymore!” She gasped at him confused. Jake shrugged lifting his hands in the air. Rolling her eyes she huffed.

“Don’t let him get to you.” Aaron laughed as he ran a towel over his face. “He’s cranky. His not so sexy lover is not being a very good lover.” Her brows narrowed in confusion as people began rolling their equipment off stage and replacing it with The Academy Is…’s.

“What?” She muttered confused. Shaking his head Aaron patted her on the head.

“He’s being a jerk because he’s having a bad day.” He stated simply. Giving a sharp head nod she crossed her arms over his chest.

“Well I’ll fix that.” She vowed.

“Way to make his day worse.” Doug laughed as he passed the group. She spun looking around quickly for people she knew. She’d been so caught up in Jake’s bad attitude she’d missed a bunch of people swarming around her.

Squealing at the sight of the person she was looking for she bounded over to him, her arms latching around his waist.

“Can I help you?” The blonde man asked confused as he pushed his hair from his face.

“Hi.” She giggled. She hadn’t seen Dan all day and missed bugging him. He waved a small wave and smile at his friend. “Are you in a bad mood too?” She huffed up at him.

“No.” he stated simply. “I’m wording if that guy,” He nodded his head at the man he was watching. “Is going to drop my cymbal again like last night.” He stated simply. She rolled her eyes.

“That means you’re in a bad mood too.” She huffed before leaving him be. There was nothing she could do to fix his mood.

Heading through the twisting hallways she pushed open the dressing room door and squealed at the man laying on the couch. Rushing over she jumped on him gently, watching as his brown eyes jolted open.

“Good morning.” She teased as he frowned.

“You’re all sweaty.” He moaned in disgust. He hadn’t wanted to be woken up by a small sweaty woman, even if it was his girlfriend.

“I know.” She giggled at him playing with his short hair.

“Oh shit.” He sat up quickly, sending her tumbling to the ground. “Did I just miss your set?” He asked nervously. She giggled giving him a hug and a peck on the cheek. “Don’t try and change the subject.” He huffed at her, watching a small frown twist its way onto her face. “Jade I’m sorry I didn’t mean to miss it! I just kinda…”

“It’s okay!” She stated truthfully. “You don’t have to watch every set. I’m sure it gets kinda boring, besides I know you didn’t sleep last night. So I’m glad you slept through everyone’s sets instead of watching them!” Giving a sharp nod and pointing a finger at him. Smiling he ran a hand over his face and yawned.

“Thank you for not being mad.” He whispered gently. The last thing he wanted was for her to be mad at him.

“You’re on in ten minutes by the way!” She chirped. Nodding he rubbed his cheek as he looked around the room.

“Hi…can I help you?” He asked gently at the man standing in the corner of the room. Jade spun around looking at the man and froze.

“No not really.” The man smiled at them. “Just wandering around.” He stated simply. William nodded and wrapped his arms around Jade’s form.

“You okay?” He whispered. Her whole body was shaking, her face paler than normal. “Jade?” He whispered jumping as the door slammed shut. His eyes darted up at the man. “I think you should leave.” He stated sternly.

“No…I think I should stay.” The man laughed. William swallowed at the sight just behind the man. It was glittering and glistening and Jade’s eyes were locked on it.

William tightened his grip around Jade, tucking her small form into his chest protectively. Licking his lips he let out a deep breath and unwound one arm reaching for his phone.

“Don’t be a hero, hero’s never win.”